Flounder
2,254 Posts

Re:TGT: Hidden in Time - Mirror Mirror

[Post New]by comicseller on Apr 18, 09 8:25 AM
picman050967 wrote:
suzangh wrote:Shouldn't that be TDATGT?
(The Day After Tomorrow's Game Today)

LoL!

Or it could be TTGT (Tomorrow's tomorrow's game today) or maybe even TDATGT (The Day After Tomorrow's Game Tomorrow) or YTTGTDAT (Yesterday's tomorrow's tomorrow's Game The Day After Tomorrow)

Picman

HUH?????????????????

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Apr 18, 09 10:34 AM
Ok, you guys are messing with my head this time! I can usually justify my "buy now" hit just based on your reviews. No fair!! Now that it's been out a while...where you still satisfied when you finished the game?? Any surprises to look forward to (without revealing)? Give me your hits!! Counting on you!

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 10:39:16 AM PST

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Apr 18, 09 10:40 AM
My cursor keeps getting stuck, I have had to shut the game down 4 times and restart computer, I hate to keep going on, has anyone else had that happen,? What should I do?

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 18, 09 10:44 AM
I haven't had any problems with locking up or needing to reboot, but this one does seem to take its sweet time loading between scenes. Time to get a coffee refill or grab a quick smoke, I guess. Other than that, I am really into the story line so far and like the minigames. Bought it.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Apr 18, 09 11:07 AM
I haven't run into any glitches nor does time between scenes feel slow, I have enough time to read the story and maybe a short pause. It is a little easy but all in all I have found the demo to be entertaining. Nice touch on the mirror puzzle mini - like that. Sooo, here's goes, demos over. I'm gonna hit the "buy" and use my only credit. (it's shameful how many extra credits I end up buying thoughout the month - Guess that says "kudos" to BFG!!

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 18, 09 11:17 AM
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes,I happen to enjoy sometimes a simple straightworthy game to relax .this is it ,good on the developer as it's new first game.it suits all ages here as younger grand children also love it thankyou developer.most likely will purchase.

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 11:17:54 AM PST

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Apr 18, 09 11:17 AM
I finished demo & bought as well.. Not sure how long it will be.
But so far so good & it's a felixfav! I want that key chain....
Have fun everyone!!
Thanks again you rock !

Midnight

( Is escape from radcliff island a pic?)

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 18, 09 11:28 AM
No, it isn't, midnight.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 18, 09 11:37 AM
Yes, different games for different folks. This is not the game for a "hard HOG" addict, but for someone like me who hates having to search for thing hidden in drawers or under water, etc., this is just right. Pleasant, with an interesting enough story, and mini-games that are somewhat original. It promises to play long, what with revisiting rooms and the "mirrored" version. I'm finding that I use about one hint per scene (to find a dark-on-dark object, usually), and that seems just right to me. Altogether, a perfect game for a HOG dilettante like me.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Apr 18, 09 11:49 AM
Agree with ecblisa.
Just a fun HOG.

Good job developers!!

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

Re:TGT: Hidden in Time - Mirror Mirror problems

[Post New]by forensicMD on Apr 18, 09 11:50 AM
I tried this for the one hour and decided to buy it even though I thought one or two things were a bit strange when I played the demo. Then I bought it because I need something to play and found out why things were strange. The same things that were happening in the demo were happening again after I bought it, but all the time! The glitches had not been that much of a problem in the demo, happening only twice in the rooms. Mostly I thought it was just a strange way to present the game and I really needed something to play. (I started over when I bought it to get my money's worth. LOL) Sometimes I have the hidden objects in rooms and sometimes they are superimposed on the screen where all the rooms are pictured! This has happened multiple times now. Also, at the stage where the task was to find the differences, the first time during the demo all went well. The second time, all I got was a black background and the objects that differed were all that were visible. Anyone else having these weird problems? I guess I should contact Tech Support, but I really need something to play and they have to be getting tired of me with the number of my contacts with them. I will play a bit more and then decide what to do.

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 9:29:15 PM PST

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Apr 18, 09 12:00 PM
Every so often, a game just doesn’t like my computer. This is one of those games. As usual, I deleted and re-installed and it still “froze” my computer. I don’t contact Customer Service when this happens. I just move on.

Although I only completed one scene, I found that this game had a strange look. The background looked fine; but, the hidden objects had off colors. So, I’m not too disappointed that this game is a no for me.

I’m still playing and really enjoying Escape Rosecliff Island.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Apr 18, 09 1:28 PM
Thank you Picman and This is a definite on my buy list. Great game.

PS... Congrats to the developers on their first game !!! Great Job !!

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 1:29:26 PM PST

wandazz
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by wandazz on Apr 18, 09 1:48 PM
Within the 60 min demo, the game froze up on me. I couldn't even get the task mgr to come up. The graphics on this game is poor. This is an average HOG.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Apr 18, 09 1:52 PM
I have played this game for only 30 minutes. I have not used any hints and I am half way through the game. Does anyone know long it is? Down where it says more, are there more rooms? Haven't decided to buy it or not. Seems it will be really short.

I haven't bought a game all month. During Octfest I bought 11 games! Nothing seems worth it this time. (And not to brag but I could buy 20 games with no problem) I do like the items, only because they can't be bought anywhere else.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 18, 09 2:58 PM
There are 20 rooms. Since you play most (all?) of them twice that makes 40 rooms. It seems like a long enough game to me. I have been playing at least two hours and am a little over the half way point so I feel I have had my money's worth already. Not my favorite game but it is enjoyable and there are no tiny HOs

I do think the Devs did a great job for a first HOG so I am looking forward to see what they come up with next. For a first game, this is much better than some developers with more experience have done. So, a BIG and CONGRATS to the Monkey Barrel

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Apr 18, 09 2:58 PM
OK I am officially mad! I redownloaded the game. It still freezes up on me everytime I go to the mirror. I sent a error message to Microsoft. I did the recommended updates. Now I reinstalled the game and the same stupid problem, freezes up when I go to the mirror. I am on the free play still, but I wont pay or use my free credit for this stupid game, if I cant get it to work. I dont know if it is my computer or not, but all the other Big Fish games are find, I am so done with this.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 18, 09 3:09 PM
bribling wrote:LOL Scotcat! Your reviews are always a nice compliment to Poodle's. What you find "Too Easy" I usually find "Easy". What you find "Easy" I find "Challenging". What you find "Challenging" I find "Near Impossible"!

Bribling, I have been thinking this about Scotcat's reviews for quite awhile now!! LOL! You said it well.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Apr 18, 09 3:48 PM
Instructions are a little unclear...Are you supposed to find pieces of the keys in various rooms? Thanks...

LaZgram
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by LaZgram on Apr 18, 09 3:57 PM
Wow, Glad I came in to the forum before I bought the game. Was going to go out of the demo to my shopping cart, now think I'll hold off a bit, won't do me any good for Felix's Fav's anyway I already have most of them. I'll just go looking around for a bit. I did like it though. Like the RTR and Mortimer B's of all the games I've bought and in just a few months it's been quite a few. TaDah! Hear we have someone new comin to work in the BF pond. Have a Good Evening (or what ever it may be in your time zone).

Go to: