LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:TGT: Samantha Swift & the Golden Touch

[Post New]by LindyMac on Apr 29, 09 1:02 PM
niki93 wrote:can you help me i'm stuck in the mine.... cant get the last two blue items, have pick axe and strainer... any idea?

Thank you ^.^

Hope writing in white means u have to highlight, dont want to spoil for anyone but here goes-

Put the strainer under the wheel, if you've done everything else then you should be able to use the pickaxe on the wall next to the cart, see how u go from there, i found that puzzle really annoying and was clicking everywhere for ages

[Post New]by elainedelliott on Apr 29, 09 1:20 PM
Did anyone have the problem window come up saying, texture size was too small?......that's as far as I could go didn't know how to fix

Also can anyone tell me how to make small windows so my pointer isn't radical?
thanks all for the hints...............duh just wish I Knew what all the excitement was about!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 29, 09 1:49 PM
Love this game! Have been playing it pretty much non-stop (well I did fix lunch, but ate it while playing). I might almost have thought BFG sent me a credit today because I needed it (but I always get it on the next-to-last day of the month).

Those of you who are saying "help, I'm stuck!" -- you do know there's a free walkthrough at the Big Fish Blog, right? You can go there any time, it's in chronological order (game chronology, I mean), so you don't have to look up one bit more than what you need. I have only used it once, and it was when the "tool use" cursor just would not admit that I was using the right tool. After checking that, in fact, I WAS using the right one, I went back and micro-searched the area. It's nice to be able to use the walkthrough to see whether you're all messed up or the game mechanics are just not cooperating.

One hint I would pass on: Use the scanner on all "blue" items (ones you have to use a tool to find). If you cannot find the "use tool" symbol because the hot spot is too precise, the "color code" on the scanner will confirm that you're in the right place and just need to keep searching.

Loved the Picman sighting on this thread! Thanks, Picman!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 1:53 PM
Hi Everyone, we have the walkthrough for Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch on the blog. You can use this link to access it!

Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch Walkthrough

Enjoy!

Margie B

Edited on 04/30/2009 at 2:26:36 PM PST

[Post New]by westvirginiawife on Apr 29, 09 2:36 PM
Thanks for the directions to the walkthrough. I looked at it but am still stuck at the card table with the James brothers. I get a magnifying glass on the table, click on the table, then can't figure out what to do nexk. I have a knife and three keys, none of them work on the space in front of the player on the left (that is where the hint button directs me). I have played the card game that got me the keys and found all of the other objects. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
Nini

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 2:43 PM
westvirginiawife wrote:Thanks for the directions to the walkthrough. I looked at it but am still stuck at the card table with the James brothers. I get a magnifying glass on the table, click on the table, then can't figure out what to do nexk. I have a knife and three keys, none of them work on the space in front of the player on the left (that is where the hint button directs me). I have played the card game that got me the keys and found all of the other objects. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
Nini

Did you place the knife on the cactus yet?

Margie B

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 29, 09 2:47 PM
margie134 wrote:Hi Everyone, we have the walkthrough for Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch on the blog. You can use this link to access it!
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/samantha-swift-and-the-golden-touch-walkthrough/
Enjoy!

Margie B

It's so good to see you here at Big Fish, Margie! This is Marian from GameBoomers. Having your walkthroughs AND Big Fish together--well, it doesn't get any better than this!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 29, 09 2:47 PM
Well finslap me surprised... scotcat didn't say this was too easy?

Hey, hey, hey..... let's not start ruining my reputation here. The game was not "hard" for me, but not mind numbingly easy either like Mirror-Mirror was. The hardest part was finding some of those well hidden objects and yeah, my cursor didn't always turn blue either. I had to scan several scenes with a fine tooth comb over & over again to get the cursor to turn blue. Also, on the first scene where you need to leave and go to another location, the game said to exit to leave the scene. I was like.... where & how??? The cursor did not turn into a curve no matter where I placed it on the edges. The cursor finally disappeared off one side of my screen, so I then clicked my mouse & I was then taken to the other scene.

I haven't had a chance to play anymore since the demo, but will do so soon!

Edited on 04/29/2009 at 3:26:59 PM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 2:52 PM
Howatch wrote:
margie134 wrote:Hi Everyone, we have the walkthrough for Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch on the blog. You can use this link to access it!
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/samantha-swift-and-the-golden-touch-walkthrough/
Enjoy!

Margie B

It's so good to see you here at Big Fish, Margie! This is Marian from GameBoomers. Having your walkthroughs AND Big Fish together--well, it doesn't get any better than this!

Hey Marian!!! So good to see you here. Thanks for the welcome, I am very happy to be working at Big Fish. I can honestly say that it is a great company and I look forward to spending a lot of time here I just have to get used to things around here but I am sure it will not take me long!!

It's nice seeing a familiar face around here even though I am sure I will see many more! How are you enjoying the game?

Margie B

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 29, 09 2:59 PM
Have to second the motion with Marian, it's great to see you here at BFG. I have followed your walkthroughs at Gamezebo and read your posts at Gameboomers. Welcome to the pond!!!!

As always...the Koalanut

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 3:05 PM
Koalanut wrote:Have to second the motion with Marian, it's great to see you here at BFG. I have followed your walkthroughs at Gamezebo and read your posts at Gameboomers. Welcome to the pond!!!!

As always...the Koalanut

Hey Koalnut, long time no see It's good to see another familiar face around here, feels like home already. I know that you post here regularly so I figured I would run into you here. Thanks for the welcome, it is much appreciated

Thanks, Margie B

knoxstar
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by knoxstar on Apr 29, 09 3:13 PM
Hey Margie, been looking for ya. Sure glad to see ya here. I'm not on much and haven't been for quite a while but just had to say hey and WELCOME> I'll hve to get use to this site again -huh?? Hey to all the fishies in the pond and I'll see ya'll later as well Agan, Glad ya're here Margie and Ya know I wish ya well and am so happy for you. LUV, Jean

[Post New]by westvirginiawife on Apr 29, 09 3:20 PM
I tried placing the knife on the cactus, but was told to do that later.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 3:41 PM
westvirginiawife wrote:I tried placing the knife on the cactus, but was told to do that later.

Hi Nini,

I am trying to figure what is wrong. I wrote the walkthrough last week and I can't remember exactly what I did other than what I wrote down. I do remember that the table on the left kept showing me the magnifying glass even though I was finished on the table. For some odd reason I remember clicking on the arm of the man in the brown suit. I know it sounds wacky but could you try that?

I am going to open up my game and see if I can get to that point but I can't really promise. I know that you will not need to use the keys until later on in the game.

let me see if I can come up with something for you because I believe at this point you should be able to use the knife on the cactus.

Thanks, Margie B

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 3:44 PM
knoxstar wrote:Hey Margie, been looking for ya. Sure glad to see ya here. I'm not on much and haven't been for quite a while but just had to say hey and WELCOME> I'll hve to get use to this site again -huh?? Hey to all the fishies in the pond and I'll see ya'll later as well Agan, Glad ya're here Margie and Ya know I wish ya well and am so happy for you. LUV, Jean

JEAN!!!! MY Dear!!!

How wonderful to see you here!!! I was wondering where you were hiding ever since I left GZ. Yes, I think that you will definitely have to get used to coming to BFG. I EXPECT to see you here LOL. You know I am just kidding but it would really make my day to see you around more often.

Bug Hugs, Margie B

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Apr 29, 09 3:58 PM
Thought that was you the other day in another thread, but you just confirmed it.
Plan on getting this game later on, but am over budget this month already.

Welcome to Big Fish, and hope all is going well.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 4:17 PM
SSmitty wrote:Thought that was you the other day in another thread, but you just confirmed it.
Plan on getting this game later on, but am over budget this month already.

Welcome to Big Fish, and hope all is going well.

Thanks for the welcome SSmith!! Things couldn't be better !!

I think you will really enjoy the game. I think it has a decent length to it and it's an enjoyable game overall. Please come back and let us know what you think of the game once you purchase it.

Hope to see you around often!

Margie B

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Apr 29, 09 4:21 PM
Welcome to the pond MargieB! Nice to see you over here!

*swims frantically around pond making sure Margie didn't bring her tickets with her*

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 29, 09 4:21 PM
margie134 wrote:
Howatch wrote:
Enjoy!

Margie B

Hey Marian!!! So good to see you here. Thanks for the welcome, I am very happy to be working at Big Fish. I can honestly say that it is a great company and I look forward to spending a lot of time here I just have to get used to things around here but I am sure it will not take me long!!

It's nice seeing a familiar face around here even though I am sure I will see many more! How are you enjoying the game?

Margie B

I'm enjoying the game VERY much, Margie. And the walkthrough will make the game all that more enjoyable. Thank you in advance for all the contributions you will make to this wonderful company. It's great to have you here!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 29, 09 4:29 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:Welcome to the pond MargieB! Nice to see you over here!

*swims frantically around pond making sure Margie didn't bring her tickets with her*

Hey Cyndo, I had to laugh when I read your message in invisible ink! That is too funny,

Don't worry, I did not bring my ticket book here. This is a "ticket-free" zone but you never know, the tickets may have to make the occasional appearance here and there. Just kidding, I am not a moderator here as you can see so I will not be issuing tickets. However, I may have to "slip" them to the mods so they can know the joy of issuing tickets around the pond. Would you like to volunteer for tickets first? I will be glad to pass the word along...just kidding

Thanks for the welcome, I will see you around the pond.

Hey Marian!! That is so sweet of you to say. I will do my best to make myself useful around here as much as I can I love it here already!!!

Margie B

Edited on 04/29/2009 at 4:32:35 PM PST

Go to: