Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by SweetSurvivor on Feb 17, 15 1:46 PM
marebito wrote:@srmoment
Just in case, here are the locations of the 6 flax on the first island. Two above and a bit to the left of camp, 1 going downwards from the first intersection, and 3 more at the end of that downward path. Hope you haven't run into a glitch.

@lavifa
I'm not sure, but have you cleared the way to at least one of the traders so you can trade for more iron? This thread might help you out on that level:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/350061.page
I, too, have collected ALL flax but can only make one rope and need 2 on level 23. I've replayed and replayed and can only make one. It's like its not counting them all. There are some to the right of the tent (facing computer) and like 3 or 4 to the left of the tent but after I collect them all I can still only make one rope.. PLEASE HELP... THANKS

inez1550
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by inez1550 on Feb 17, 15 4:22 PM
On level 37 in the guardmans house their are three but only two comes out their is a glitch in the game on level 37

[Post New]by Indyron on Feb 20, 15 10:36 AM
I am using Windows 8. Level 38 will not complete for me even though I repair the bridge. I tried the "update" but it says I have no current update. I cannot go on with playing the game until this is fixed. NOT A HAPPY Big Fish monthly customer. Please respond to Oakland753@yahoo.com as I do not always know how to follow these post things.

ddhuntress
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ddhuntress on Feb 24, 15 5:30 PM
simhaup1 wrote:I'm on level 8 and now my whole screen is black. I can see the items I can pick up, but nothing else. Anyone else having this issue??

My level 8 isn't black, but I can't get through it, either. Have tried about 15 times and even re-installed. The game freezes. Sometimes when I re-boot my computer and open the game after a freeze, I get an error message saying my player "xxx" file is corrupted. Then, I have to start all over as a new player. Still can't get past Level 8 without it freezing. Frustrating. What a waste of money....

xraiderfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xraiderfan on Mar 1, 15 5:53 AM
Level 8 - can pick up the bag but can't activate what's in it. There is no "hat" on my inventory. I deleted and downloaded the game again. The update didn't work.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 1, 15 9:17 AM
xraiderfan wrote:Level 8 - can pick up the bag but can't activate what's in it. There is no "hat" on my inventory. I deleted and downloaded the game again. The update didn't work.

The hat is not in your inventory. Open up your inventory and look at the left side of the inventory box. There are two tabs: the inventory tab, which is the default it always opens to, is the top one and the one below it looks like a musketeer's hat with a feather. Click that. That will open up a figure of Victoria that can "wear" various items from the right side of the screen. Look for the bag/satchel on the right side and click on it. Then click on Victoria's left hand (the one without the sword). The bag should move to her hand and it's now equipped.

When you return to the main screen, you won't see the bag show up anywhere on the screen, but look for a pile of rock that one of your worker's will have to clear. Hover your mouse over the rock pile and you will see that it says "+1 stone". That's how you know the bag is equipped. BTW, the bag only works on piles of stone that you need resources (food) to clear. It doesn't add a bonus to stone that your character can just pick up and run off with and it doesn't work on what your quarry produces.

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on Mar 11, 15 2:12 PM
Spoph wrote:
marebito wrote:Level 15 log near the balloon self chops (my worker goes to the log and the progress bar appears, but the worker immediately leaves for the next task while the progress bar remains). As a result, the log disappears but the road remains blocked preventing access to the lava cracks and balloon. This is with a standard install (no changes) with multi-click play.

ETA:
I'm not sure if re-loading the game cleared the issue or if it's because I didn't have anything queued at that point after re-loading, but one or the other managed to get the log properly chopped to finish the level.

I have the same problem. Finally got it to work and then the balloon mini game scene froze and I had to do the whole level again. Low and behold the log chopped itself again and I couldn't get to the balloon. Seems it's impossible to get past level 15. I'm using Windows 7.

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on Mar 11, 15 2:17 PM
Same problem on Level 15, wood near the balloon disappearing. Managed by uninstalling then reinstalling. Got to Level 18, finished without Gold star so tried again (and again etc.) and always 2 stones short to finish the game. I read on the forum that it was a bug so I uninstalled and reinstalled again and (sigh) my game up to Level 18 has disappeared altogether. Back to Level 1..........

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 11, 15 2:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I noticed that some of you are having freezing issues as well as missing inventory. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Definitely doesn't make the game fun at all.

It may be helpful to look at the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still experiencing these issues, I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Mar 22, 15 12:00 PM
On level 37. Aside from having to uninstall and reinstall the game frequently to keep it running, now the belt which is supposed to give an extra gold from the mine does not do so. I switched from the coat to the belt after repairing the mine. The way I have kept the game going is to do the troubleshooting, allow the computer to choose the compatibility setting, and play while I am "testing" the game to see if the setting works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Don't know what to do about the belt. This game is challenging, but I am very frustrated with all the glitches. I have Toshiba laptop running Windows 8. I have gone through all the hoops with video cards, etc. All I get is an offer of a free game. I want to play this one, that's why I bought it!

Ok, so I uninstalled and reinstalled again. The belt now works--it doesn't appear on the screen as any additional gold, but if you watch the inventory, you see the addition. I'll be keeping an eye on it and any other such bonuses coming up.

Oh, my gosh. I had to restart the level (just like nearly every other level!)and switched from the coat to the belt mid-game. There is no additional gold. I guess I have to use the belt from the beginning of the game, which is how it worked before.

This has to be the MOST frustrating game I have ever encountered. There is no gold bonus no matter when i apply the belt. I give up. I'm not uninstalling and reinstalling whenever I have to restart a level. I may just give up on this doggone game altogether. What a mess.

Edited on 03/22/2015 at 4:00:59 PM PST

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on Mar 24, 15 9:16 AM
After conquering the disappearing wood on Level 15 by reinstalling the game, then getting stuck at level 18 and losing my whole game having to start from level 1 again, I had free sailing up to level 41 - a very challenging level. Finished the level in good gold time, blasted the gate with the canon ball and off I go to the next level - so I thought.... No, the Musketeers decided not to go past the gate, the game froze. I could go in and out of the inventory but I couldn´t pick up any materials. All I could o was to go back to the map losing the achievement for level 41. Really? What next? There seems to be a lot of strange thing going on this game.

[Post New]by apollos3300 on Mar 26, 15 4:30 PM
error:acces violation at 0x7732971D( tried to write to 0x00090FE8), program terminated

windows 8

I get it on multiple attemts to play games here lately

[Post New]by cknupp on Apr 5, 15 8:32 AM
Level 13 clearing swamp before bakery - characters go, charge deducts but swamp does not clear despite multiple attempts. have tried deleting and reinstalling game with no luck in being able to correct this issue. Game running on PC with Windows. No problems with other big fish games. Other tech issues have always cleared with reinstalling.

[Post New]by TenderSpirit7777 on Apr 8, 15 12:13 PM
Hello I have a Lenovo computer running on PC Windows ~ my problem is on level 10, I cannot complete this level BC i do not have enough stones to complete it ~ Where the big rocks give you 4 stones mine only gives 3 and where the little rock gives 3 stones mine only give me 2 so I'm out of stones and cannot finish the game ~ How do I get this fixed ~ I cannot go in the game to 11 till i finish 10 but Everything I've tried I do not have enough stones ~ if I go one way then I need wood But cannot get wood BC not enough stones ~ I watched videos and i know where the problem is Its a glitch, Can this be fixed

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 9, 15 8:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I see that there are a number of players unable to progress in this particular game. I'm so sorry to hear about that. If you haven't already, please contact our Technical Support Team. They will better be able to offer troubleshooting steps. By contacting them, it also helps to keep track of and report these issues.

apollos3300, the following help page may be beneficial for the error message you are receiving:

Access Violation

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by 1jtfuller on Apr 28, 15 5:13 PM
Have tried over and over, cannot finish episode 10. Get to the other side of the castle wall, but cannot get past the last row of trash to get to elevator. Help!

Go to: