Punishment without Crime

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Punishment without Crime

[Post New]by zixuss on May 8, 15 3:28 PM
clm5457 wrote:This was my first and last time doing this room. Everything was so tiny. I was even using a Nautilus Pallium and still bought 8 yes 8 artifacts just to get out. A terrible room.

Just got in, searched through a whole cycle including a ghost. I have to agree, it IS a terrible room. And 70 energy to search at student level? You've gotta be kidding

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on May 8, 15 3:39 PM
Yes, I remember how disappointed I was the first time and I decided then and there the last time. It was not enjoyable and that's the point of the games, Its just not challenging to "remember" where a shadow of an object is, because I dont care where it is because its not what I want to look for. No thank you, its just not my cup of tea or can of beer for that matter!

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on May 8, 15 4:23 PM
OK, I'm done with the room. The fastest I've ever been. Bought a couple of the mode-search items, Hammered through the night modes, and used the ghost-chasers. Yes, I've memorized where everything is by now, but it's still not fun. The room is very blue - makes you depressed just by looking at it.

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on May 8, 15 5:51 PM
I wonder if the developers read these forums and hear how dissatisfied players are with the most current rooms and art work (and the terrible translations) and all the glitches that never get fixed and the ongoing desire for Japan to open, etc.

Do they care? Do they hire anyone who reads English to give them feedback? I wonder.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on May 8, 15 6:19 PM
I think that most of us just try to put up with the defects of the game because we appreciate the fact that it's free. Still, sometimes I feel like I've reached the limit...

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on May 8, 15 7:20 PM
SunFlash, No, the devs do NOT read the forum, nor do they care...

Per the change....The current census is that the programmer(s) changed...Hence the size and style (ie, shadow) of the search items in the rooms developed.

Evalm
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Evalm on May 8, 15 11:50 PM
I couldn't bring myself to finish this the first time round, it was so boring and I hated it passionately (although never as much as the Candy Room).

Really debated whether to do it again or not and was very surprised to find that this time I loved it, it could become one of favourites, next to the Garage of course

aventeux
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by aventeux on May 10, 15 2:09 PM
The 'Police Station' is a hard room to search and one I didn't enjoy: many tiny objects often partially hidden and many dark items on a dark background.

I used a Nautillus Pallium and a few bells, played only the required modes and needed 3 hours to finish the room.

Bellows Manor and Paris:
- 2 items require a specific mode
- on average 2.6 searches per item

Neighbours:
I needed to help 41 'Attorney Nikky' to complete my first 'Folder with Papers'. (There is no quest for that artifact so it can be assembled anytime.)

Expedition room 'Police Station':
- 4 quests to chase away a phenomenon
- 5 items require a specific mode
- on average 4.0 searches per item
- half the items dropped after the 5th or 6th search

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on May 10, 15 7:32 PM
I hereby take a SOLEMN OATH not to ever again do this quest and neither Confectionary and Eco station!

Here where this doe (buck?) stops !!

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on May 12, 15 7:52 AM
ditto here..
First time I've done this room and it will be the last.. I did manage to complete it with time remaining, but once I was done..I was out..couldn't stand it..dark, dreary & boring...Punishment is a good name for this one..lol
I also passed on the Confectionery; once was enough for me; do like Tom Sweet Tooth and the Baker's Set (?) it's a gift that keeps on giving..without the headache...

Edited on 05/12/2015 at 9:38:00 AM PST

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on May 14, 15 3:43 AM
So dear faery (D&D Mom), if the dev's do not read the forum, do our BF monitors, who do, report problems and complaints to them? What say you, BF?

If not, do we need to write directly to the dev's? There is a dev's thread. Is it ever read? Hey, dev's get the original designers back!

The friends I've made here are very precious and I don't want to lose touch. That was an unexpected part of the game but has become paramount. Yet, I'm tired of weekly offers which I view as fuzzy and dumb and not worth my time. The game used to be fun and rewarding for both the game content and the lovely friends. But here we are with the fuzzy beauty shop again. OK, the opera is a fun room but I've done it many times. For me, this was a fantastic game which allowed me to connect with folks around the world and relax after a day at work. But it has become tedious.

Maybe the dev's did not expect such a wonderful response to their game. But it happened and I feel that they've lost interest. Ours is only one of many games out there on the interwebs. But it's important to me. How do I/we voice that?

Perhaps I will find myself blathering more on the forum than playing in the game. Oh, you poor people!! You do not want that to happen! Get with it, dev's!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on May 14, 15 3:58 AM
I agree with you thurber! I have made many friends here and hate to lose that aspect. But the game is getting rather BORING!

To contact the devs directly, you have to be sure to translate your concerns to Russian. Any responses (HA!), will be in Russian.

RoM has been here for almost two years now, yet we are still lacking Japan or any new regular tasks that could be thrown in there, like when the blue octopus showed up. There is a lack of creativity and/or concern for the continued development of the game. I can only assume it's a monetary issue. What is their incentive? If they are not making money on this game, they will not be concerned with our wishes....

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on May 14, 15 5:29 AM
Faery, I so agree. There is indeed a lack of concern and creativity.

It has become like playing a very old HO game. How is it a monetary issue? If the dev's actually paid attention to our complaints and distress would they not garner more players who might spend real money? Where is the money to be made in the game? I'm not well-versed in this at all and would appreciate your input and the input of others.

I log on sometimes and there are 14K+ players online. That sees like a lot to me, but perhaps that is mouse nutz in the cyber gaming world. So how do we make our wishes known and attended to? Do we matter?

If not, how do we make our voice heard so that we DO matter? There are many who do not care to blast and shoot and bomb. Do we not have a place in the gaming world? Again BF what do you think? Are we spitting into the wind?

Love to my dear Faery,

And hey, BF, we would appreciate hearing from you! What can we do?

Oh dear, sun is up. Time to crash.

A sleepy Thurber. Thanks, Faery, with the pretty butterfly in your hair!

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Aug 20, 15 1:15 AM
Hi Fishes

Recycled offer.

[Post New]by guybenbaruch on Aug 20, 15 2:15 AM
it's not a new offer, I finished it some time ago, it gives you the "Justice On Alert!" trophy....another week with nothing to do but harvest gems for the next difficult offer

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Aug 20, 15 5:15 AM
Doing this offer once was punishment enough! I think I will be sitting this one out and go back to playing in Japan.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 20, 15 8:24 AM
mommerj wrote:Doing this offer once was punishment enough! I think I will be sitting this one out and go back to playing in Japan.

Ditto mommerj

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Aug 20, 15 11:39 AM
ditto, ditto!

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 20, 15 2:19 PM
So glad we have Japan...the 2 offers this week are certainly not favorites...I thought that with all the new items as "free" gifts that maybe there would be another new offer, but, sadly, no....

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Aug 20, 15 5:35 PM
And WHY can't they pick one that hasn't been done for awhile. There are some I have never tried yet like
1000 above paris
sun
paris walk
botanic garden etc
these were probably offers at the beginning of the game.
will send time trying to get the trophy for House of Tomorrow. I am at levels 5-4-5 and still have not gotten it. only have to find 10 more ghosts to reach level 5.

Go to: