[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Jun 8, 15 2:39 PM
Hi Dancer,

Here's an idea: Go to a grassy area.

Re:Bush whackin' things that make you go "Hmm"

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 9, 15 6:25 AM
Chuck_Havens wrote:Hi Dancer,

Here's an idea: Go to a grassy area.

Thanks for the idea!

I was thinking of going back to the FLUX until I got all the poop picked up! But it's taking longer to get Misty's items for me. Sometimes 2 days and I have the VIP extra energy, and usually pick up a large energy pack, and sometimes buy extra energy. Oh, I also have a pet that adds 20% to finding quest items. So I don't want to take time off an interesting quest to just pick up poop. Next time that one comes up I won't do it and wait a day and see if that changes, too. It's an OK quest over on AI, because you can see it. I asked Justin to put the white outline on the poop like he did on the puzzle pieces, but he said probably players would complain!

THE BIG QUESTION: Would it offend anyone to have a white outline around the poop? Something to ponder!

Edited on 06/09/2015 at 6:30:42 AM PST

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Jun 9, 15 1:24 PM
Hi Dancer,

It was Your idea to ask Justin to put the white outline on the puzzle pieces, wasn't it? It made completing the Nate Mausoleum puzzles (and others) much easier.

THE BIG ANSWER: It would be HELPFUL to have a white outline around the poop.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 9, 15 1:43 PM
Chuck_Havens wrote:Hi Dancer,

It was Your idea to ask Justin to put the white outline on the puzzle pieces, wasn't it? It made completing the Nate Mausoleum puzzles (and others) much easier.

THE BIG ANSWER: It would be HELPFUL to have a white outline around the poop.

Yes, thanks Chuck! I think outlining the puzzle pieces really helped, and would do the same for the poop!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jun 9, 15 2:42 PM
Sorry Horsy but I disagree. I can understand about having a border around the puzzle pieces to help see them in the mauseleum etc as they don't detract from the gameplay. But to have the dooty with a white border in all areas, would make them look like stickers and ruin the effect.

I got the dooty quest in the volcano too but I count the number of quick whacks/mana whacks between the dooty showing up. It is a constant number. So if you have 6 whacks between the first two to show up, you know that on the 6th whack there will always be a pile somewhere in the field, and the next 6th and the next. You don't have to bother searching for it in the inbetween and if you sweep your cursor around the energy cost will show up when you hit a pile.

It works the same for all the whackable quest items, stones, bandits, lumber trees, snakes etc. I have to say it's not necessarily on the 6th, could be on the 3rd, 8th, whichever. Hope that helps

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Jun 9, 15 6:48 PM
I so agree with you Rumbi....everything you've said regarding the dooty and whatever...it's all about how many whacks between each particular item we're searching for.

Hmmm, BTW....I played your entire mini golf course today...didn't have a very good score...but I did INDEED enjoy my time while playing your '19 hole' mini course.
This is a different type of artistry at it's best...kudos to you and of course many others...I'm very impressed! Thank you for such a great time!

Teddy

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jun 10, 15 11:01 AM
Teddyfish wrote:I so agree with you Rumbi....everything you've said regarding the dooty and whatever...it's all about how many whacks between each particular item we're searching for.

Hmmm, BTW....I played your entire mini golf course today...didn't have a very good score...but I did INDEED enjoy my time while playing your '19 hole' mini course.
This is a different type of artistry at it's best...kudos to you and of course many others...I'm very impressed! Thank you for such a great time!

Teddy

I'm glad you enjoyed it Teddy I've now cut it down to 18 holes... typical!, I talk about counting and then lay one hole too many ... Doh!

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 10, 15 11:11 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Sorry Horsy but I disagree. I can understand about having a border around the puzzle pieces to help see them in the mauseleum etc as they don't detract from the gameplay. But to have the dooty with a white border in all areas, would make them look like stickers and ruin the effect.

I got the dooty quest in the volcano too but I count the number of quick whacks/mana whacks between the dooty showing up. It is a constant number. So if you have 6 whacks between the first two to show up, you know that on the 6th whack there will always be a pile somewhere in the field, and the next 6th and the next. You don't have to bother searching for it in the inbetween and if you sweep your cursor around the energy cost will show up when you hit a pile.

It works the same for all the whackable quest items, stones, bandits, lumber trees, snakes etc. I have to say it's not necessarily on the 6th, could be on the 3rd, 8th, whichever. Hope that helps

OK, Justin was right! Some folks would not like white lines around the poop. I will just skip that quest from now on and leave the poop finding to you!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jun 10, 15 11:26 AM
LOL It'll be my pleasure I'm an expert poop picker-upperer ....

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 10, 15 12:46 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:LOL It'll be my pleasure I'm an expert poop picker-upperer ....

Me, too, but it only for horse poop with a rake to get it to my tractor bucket and then to a compost pile. At least horsey poop is useful! AND I can find it!

Edited on 06/10/2015 at 12:47:42 PM PST

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Jun 11, 15 1:18 PM
It would have helped in the cave under Upper Juau Island.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 11, 15 4:58 PM
Chuck_Havens wrote:It would have helped in the cave under Upper Juau Island.

It would help in all the cave and volcano areas... I was so hoping they could fix this so that I could see the poop! I guess we can't ask them to ruin the effect of the poop, so that we could see it to play the game.

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Jun 25, 15 8:35 PM
Anybody else find it odd that Nate's sister wasn't involved with the Father's Day quest thingy...? Or did I miss something there??
[shrugs] I just thought it was little weird but then thought maybe she's just not that close to her dad.

Dinga2008
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Dinga2008 on Jun 26, 15 3:38 AM
Actually, she is closer to her dad - she cares enough to get a Father's Day gift herself instead of making us to do it, and more than likely invited him to her house to celebrate the day - whereas Nate kept running around messing with statues, and his dad had to chase him down so they could spend some time together.

Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 87656798568 on Jun 29, 15 8:52 PM
Today as I was whackin up scoop after scoop of frozen ice cream for the patriot event from a warm area and different flavors too I experienced a "Hmm" moment.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 1, 15 2:48 PM
Apparently, body odour is not a problem (or my character has really bad hygiene) as I have worn that same stinky green shirt for a long time and only recently got a new one.

Apparently, new player do not have to pee. I have been looking for a toilet everywhere, and unlike males do not use the bushes. (I was tempted to use the aquarium but would have killed the fish)

Players please note: Rumbitothecore has installed 4 very tastefully decorated toilets and sinks on the second floor, so that we can all have a "rest stop." She is just kind like that!

Apparently, money grows in bushes, not trees!

Apparently, one does not need a Maple tree to extract Maple syrup, just a bush. (After using 3 cups to make maple cookies with glaze, I wish it was that easy to get! in real!)

Apparently, I watched this too often =) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5TGN7eUcM

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 11:01:58 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 1, 15 2:51 PM
I realized my post was too similar, so added here instead:
When we speak to the Scout leader in the patriotic event, she says, " The world is awesome!" and we reply, "Boom de yadda." That is a reference to this lovely video from Discovery and also is in reference to a Scouting song, sung in 2 parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at_f98qOGY0

I noticed during the flower planting event in May, that some of the plants would be highlighted to surround each individual plant, and then the next time I harvested that same plant, they would be back to normal and only the square around the plot/planting box was highlighted. Since then I have seen it happen more randomly and less often in my garden. (ADDED: July 4th changed 3 times for raspberries. July 6th, changed 4 times today. Its a conspiracy I tell you!)

When I brought it up in the game chat window ( the other players made it devolve into a ," The highlight is not purple, it is blue" discussion, which was hilarious in itself) no one else had observed it, but it is an obvious difference nonetheless.

Each time you watch the "Cats" theatre, the cats do not all follow her, and do varying wanderings each time, sometimes around your statue. July 6th, the cats all stayed on the stage and so did the cat lady, so that's new.

Flybaby observed this about a mini golf obstacle; " I thought it was my imagination, until I realized that the type of mushrooms, their colors, and their configurations are always changing. I stopped counting at 6, but every time I go to my course, or someone elses, the mushrooms and their formations look different."

Here are the images she has saved that show 7 variations:
http://tinypic.com/a/4gbxl/4

The Easter eggs and dynamite seem to also change, but not sure if it is where you add them on the course, how many you add, or simply whether or not you are related to Nate... heheh

I will add more as they come back to me, but in the mean time, there must be some "Easter Egg" additions and observations you have made that made you laugh or be in awe at the cleverness of the developers. Please, add them here and add a tiny pic URL if you have one. (nothing from other game sites though as we are not allowed to advertize any other game platform here)

Edited on 07/06/2015 at 5:11:58 PM PST

Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 87656798568 on Jul 1, 15 7:24 PM
Kittypurrrs wrote:
Apparently, new player do not have to pee. I have been looking for a toilet everywhere, and unlike males do not use the bushes. (I was tempted to use the aquarium but would have killed the fish)

Players please note: Rumbitothecore has installed 4 very tastefully decorated toilets and sinks on the second floor, so that we can all have a "rest stop." She is just kind like that

Yes, it would seem that new players are indeed limited to going in .......drum roll please......... The Bushes!!!

However if you have built Natalie's house in the commons, she has a fully functional toilet you can use.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 6, 15 5:07 PM
The"patriotic" stool can have mugs, cups and items on it, but the coffee table cannot! Hmmmmmm

Christian989
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by Christian989 on Jul 7, 15 5:37 PM
All pets in the wild are in eggs but the mounts are just running around.

Go to: