Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ here!

[Post New]by handyrosie on Dec 19, 17 9:02 AM
I too own Dire Grove and since updating computer to Windows 10 this game will not run...Very upsetting and frustrating. Now see several others who have same trouble. This is not the only game I have had this issue with but at this time do not have those titles. When it happens I download and it open in window at the bottom. Please help us to run these games we have spent alot of money for.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 12:09 PM
Hello handyrosie,

I certainly understand wanting to play an older favorite game on an up-to-date computer. At this time, Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ is not compatible with some Windows 10 systems. Sometimes older games do not get along well with new operating systems, and there's not much we can do as far as troubleshooting goes to change that. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Since it sounds like there may also be issues with other games, the tips from our Windows 10 help article may be useful:

Windows 10

Please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can assist further, should the above suggestions not help out. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like with any questions. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Feb 3, 18 7:36 AM
As of today Dire Grove still cannot be played with Windows 10, I don't understand why this game cannot be fixed so it is compatible? I love this game and it's the only Big Fish game that I cannot play since I switched from Windows 8.1 to 10

[Post New]by Darkmoondreamer on Feb 4, 18 8:01 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello handyrosie,

I certainly understand wanting to play an older favorite game on an up-to-date computer. At this time, Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ is not compatible with some Windows 10 systems. Sometimes older games do not get along well with new operating systems, and there's not much we can do as far as troubleshooting goes to change that. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Since it sounds like there may also be issues with other games, the tips from our Windows 10 help article may be useful:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230458408">Windows 10</a>

Please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> so they can assist further, should the above suggestions not help out. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like with any questions. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

hey, my MCF Dire Grove won't open on my computer... from what i see, it looks like it won't work on windows 10. can we please get a patch or a hot fix on this??? i work for blizzard's dev team so i know it's not an impossible thing to do. this has been going on since 2015.. time to get the led out and do a patch.

p2668
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by p2668 on Mar 13, 18 8:06 PM
I am having the same problem with it not running. The icon just stays in the bottom tray. I am replaying all my MCF games and Dire Grove is the only one I'm having problems with.

[Post New]by gadget_kick on Apr 22, 18 4:36 PM
Hi hopefully some news you all want to hear,
yes there is a way of playing Dire grove in windows 10.
it will take some setting up but worth it if you really want to play this game and many others crippled by windows 10 changes.

You'll need to load and set up VM Ware on your windows 10 machine there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube on how to do this.
It is then, as straightforward as loading the game, but, in a virtual windows environment.
Any game that worked before, on a particular operating system, will work again as long as you have set it up in VM.
hope this helps

good luck!

[Post New]by gadget_kick on Apr 25, 18 2:28 AM
gadget_kick wrote:Hi hopefully some news you all want to hear,
yes there is a way of playing Dire grove in windows 10.
it will take some setting up but worth it if you really want to play this game and many others crippled by windows 10 changes.

You'll need to load and set up VM Ware on your windows 10 machine there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube on how to do this.
It is then, as straightforward as loading the game, but, in a virtual windows environment.
Any game that worked before, on a particular operating system, will work again as long as you have set it up in VM.
hope this helps

good luck!

Go to: