Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by curtainrod on Jun 14, 15 4:04 PM
Hello
this is my first time to reply- I like everyone else am very sad to see this game hang in cyber space and never have a proper burial. I am going to propose that BF can not finish this game because they don't know how. I'm guessing that in the buyout there was a big turn over and the original creators are now gone and no one else can continue - any thoughts on this idea? But I think we all would agree, anything is better than nothing.

[Post New]by Oldlizzard on Jun 14, 15 8:29 PM
Please finish the game properly! Just a few quests to wrap up the loose ends, maybe celebrate the return of the queen. I understand all good things must come to an end but this is no way to treat loyal customers. If this isn't possible offer some help to those switching to midnight castle. Give them diamonds for their loyalty.

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Jun 15, 15 2:00 AM
west644 wrote:
I decided I would not continue playing the game once it became official that the game would be dropped, however, (and it could be conditioning because I am programmed into collecting my daily rewards) I went back into the game.
I was freshly spell-bound by the absolute beauty of the game, from the characters to the intricate scenes and the relaxing music. I felt that I had to voice my desire to urge the people responsible to calling it quits, to consider alternative options.

I would like to add my voice to those above. PLEASE, please, reconsider the decision and at least provide one, last update. We can then conclude the game with joy and satisfaction instead of the current despair and sadness.

Also adding her voice. Ending the game I was very disappointed. The game is very nice and at least deserve an end. Completion of unfinished things like the basilisk, saving mermaids, library, house with owl

[Post New]by cgorski2 on Jun 15, 15 2:08 AM
Many members have well stated there opinions, with care and concern. I wish to pass this on to the BFG team. This is the first game I had ever played online of its nature. Like many of us out there, I got caught up in the game play, and spent a LOT of money on this game. (which I am sure was the point to creating it) I waited for months for the update, and decided to quit spending my money on it. I thought until the update I will go ahead and play Midnight Castle. As it was intended I spent money on that game, still waiting for AW to update. I purchased several games waiting. Now I see the announcement, and agree I feel betrayed, and cheated. I have nothing left to spend my diamonds on. BFG hasn't even offered to refund money for diamonds or even transfer the diamonds to another game. Now I just feel ripped OFF!!!

I am now waiting for the update to Midnight Castle. Will it end this way too?!? I no longer have faith in BFG. I will now search for a new game site. I will continue to play MC, until I get the notice of it ending. However I will not be stupid enough to keep spending money on that game. I don't believe that all this begging is going to get anyone anywhere with BFG. They made a decision and that is that, I truly believe the only way to express you opinions and get BFG to listen, is TAKE YOU MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! I know that is what I will be doing!

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jun 16, 15 5:42 AM
I would like to add my voice to this thread, too. This was my favorite FTP game. I'm sorry that it's ending without finishing up the things they'd set up right at the end of the last update. If you look at the story and all of the "coming soon" items, it's obvious they had plenty of content planned. It does make me sad that we'll never get to play those things to their ending. It would have been nice, if the game wasn't to continue, if BFG had allowed the developers to complete the storylines they'd started. Of course, it would have been even better if the game continued on. I also wish BFG would reconsider their decision on this one. I agree with everything the person who posted the first post in this thread. And with the many other fans who are upset at how the game was stopped so abruptly, in mid story, with so much we'd been looking forward to being left incomplete.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jun 16, 15 8:17 AM
Well...add me, too. Anyway, I don't think it makes any sense. The game THEY play is named MONEY.... and nothing else.

[Post New]by cgorski2 on Jun 16, 15 8:35 AM
Many members have well stated there opinions, with care and concern. I wish to pass this on to the BFG team. This is the first game I had ever played online of its nature. Like many of us out there, I got caught up in the game play, and spent a LOT of money on this game. (which I am sure was the point to creating it) I waited for months for the update, and decided to quit spending my money on it. I thought until the update I will go ahead and play Midnight Castle. As it was intended I spent money on that game, still waiting for AW to update. I purchased several games waiting. Now I see the announcement, and agree I feel betrayed, and cheated. I have nothing left to spend my diamonds on. BFG hasn't even offered to refund money for diamonds or even transfer the diamonds to another game. Now I just feel ripped OFF!!!

I am now waiting for the update to Midnight Castle. Will it end this way too?!? I no longer have faith in BFG. I will now search for a new game site. I will continue to play MC, until I get the notice of it ending. However I will not be stupid enough to keep spending money on that game. I don't believe that all this begging is going to get anyone anywhere with BFG. They made a decision and that is that, I truly believe the only way to express you opinions and get BFG to listen, is TAKE YOU MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! I know that is what I will be doing!

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jun 16, 15 8:57 AM
I agree that it was the wrong way to end the game. I spent money on a few things (during the sales) just to support the developers, but probably not even close to what some of you have. I finally deleted my game and I don't have the heart to start over. I think it was easier to walk away completely than to leave it knowing nothing would change.

Knowing what happened to this game makes me leery to start another FTP. I think FTP was an experiment. Real money is spent early in the game, but once a player gets to a certain level the need to buy additional resources no longer exists. I think it is hard for the developers to continue building levels when players no longer need to spend money. I have noticed a lack of updates in other FTP games. Could they soon share the same fate?

Edited on 06/16/2015 at 8:57:33 AM PST

[Post New]by ddlh66 on Jun 16, 15 6:01 PM
I will also add my name..I do feel it is on deaf ears.. but for what it's worth.

[Post New]by nay4boats on Jun 16, 15 7:21 PM
Please add my name. I have spent money to buy crystals and have spent many hours as well. I own all the other Awakening games and would gladly buy a finished version of Awakening Kingdoms. The art and story lines are some of the best around. It is sad that we are losing the chance to escape into a such a wonderful game and that the artists who have contributed to this are losing an audience. Please powers that be reconsider.

bliksems
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bliksems on Jun 18, 15 12:29 AM
i have ask all my money back................they did !! that's fare for a game what is not finished !

[Post New]by jollybb on Jun 18, 15 2:25 PM
I would add my name to any plea for BFG to reconsider not updating the game. There are so many area where it says "coming soon" it is hugely disappointing that it will never arrive. I have had hours and hours of pleasure from the game, not to mention the large sums of money spent on purchasing items for the game. Feel very let down and it now feels pointless in continuing to play. PLEASE please reconsider and continue updating the game.

[Post New]by jollybb on Jun 18, 15 2:30 PM
bliksems wrote:i have ask all my money back................they did !! that's fare for a game what is not finished !

Perhaps we should all ask for all the money we have spent on the game to refunded !

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Jun 18, 15 2:44 PM
Oh I don't think they give me back a few hundert €uros .............

gamegirl8
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by gamegirl8 on Jun 19, 15 4:41 AM
I hadn't been to the forum in a long time & just thought I'd swim by & see if there was any news on an update. I'm really, really sad to hear they're not finishing this game. It was about time for me to make a purchase, but I didn't think it would be worth it if there wasn't an impending new release.
I love this game. I'm not generally a big Hidden Object fan, but the Awakening series is fantastic & it would be nice to have closure with this one, even if they don't continue after that.
So I will add my voice to the others & ask for one last update, PLEASE!!!
Even if they released it like a 'regular' game & I had to pay 9.99 or 19.99 for it, I'd happily do it for closure on this game. I was planning to get the big package of diamonds anyway (which I would do to continue playing & get updates regularly, but not for just one last play).

[Post New]by tkermode4215 on Jun 20, 15 9:11 AM
Please add my name to the list - I believe new players should know what they are getting into - lots of fun that is unfortunately prematurely cut short. And if there is anyway possible to reverse the decision I am behind that. I would even be willing to pay a fee for additional content.

fairday2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by fairday2 on Jun 20, 15 11:51 AM
While I realize that this was a free game, I have purchased all of the games in the Awakening Kingdom series, and need this escape from reality when I am home. I too wish to finish unfinished business with our poor mermaid, the door that needs an insert, and the hermit and dragon egg. Even Antiques Road show stopped updates, but we still get daily quests that must be built in. I loved this world with fairies, centaurs, and goblins. There are other parts of the castle that say "Coming Soon" and a couple of buildings. I do wish to finish these other activities. I am down to finding things to feed the chest, but that is not enough. I don't mind paying for updated like once a year or every six months.

I was startled when I finished my quests, and no more came up. I was used to having so many that I could not keep track of what I needed to do.

Thank you for hearing us out.

aiye
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by aiye on Jun 21, 15 8:38 AM

I too petition that there be a final update to resolve this game, and I would be willing to pay the price for a full "new" game to do it.

Edited on 06/21/2015 at 8:42:46 AM PST

[Post New]by nikkiviper on Jun 22, 15 6:46 AM
i agree. whilst ive not spent much money, i have literally invested thousands THOUSANDS of hours and months and years on this game and to learn that its just "stopping" with no resolution is beyond infuriating. please release one more update that at least ties everything together so we (the people who have tirelessly supported your company!!) can feel like we've "won" the game.

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by micbas on Jun 22, 15 7:13 AM
Great to lock a post. Then I cannot reply to it anymore. Since I'm *beep* about that, I'm replacing parts of the text to here, since I cannot replace the whole text due to a text limit.
This was my reply at a comment from BFG under the post "If you're abandoning Awakening Kingdoms...":

bfgBellerophon wrote:
The decision was made for those two specific games only. It does not affect in any way other games on the Big Fish Games site such as Midnight Castle.
It does not change the games that we will bring to Big Fish fans or how we will continue to engage with our customers. There is absolutely no inclination that Big Fish Games will turn into a gambling site.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

You did turn into a gambling site. For now you are continuing Midnight Castle. But that was once also the case for AK and ART.
So in the near future, you will also stop with updates for Midnight Castle and other free games, which makes it a gamble for us to play.
Will we be able to play till a satisfying end or will we be facing a new disappointing issue with a story that ends halfway and is leaving us with blank pages.
So in my opinion, you became a gambling site right at the moment that you decided not to update AK and ART anymore.

p.s. Although I'm playing ART too, AK is the most important game for me that gave me the opportunity to ease (cant get at the right word. I thought it was releave but the spelling control doesn't know that word ) my depression a bit.

p.s.2 Please stop with your template and write from your heart.

I cannot copy/paste the whole answer that I got but there was one comment that *beep* me off: While the Moderation team definitely understands the frustration that the decision has caused, I'd also like to remind players that it was made outside of the Moderation team and Customer Support.

I don't care which department made the decision. This site is from BFG, this forum is from BFG and I'm not addressing a department but BFG.
So don't come with "it wasn't our fault, they wanted it". That is what toddlers do and I for sure hope that the people who are working for BFG are mature.
If you feel that it doesn't concern you then just say "I forwarded it to the applicable department".
And please, please, stop with the template. We read most of the whole post's so it's really annoying to get the same answer over and over again with only a small change.

Go to: