Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:MINI-GOLF: hints & player courses on Big Fish

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Oct 6, 15 7:10 PM
MORE HINTS:

~ For a little fun, take my challenge and play your course (or someone else's) wearing the "one ring" if you have it! It makes for interesting game play. It also will help to make for better game play as sometimes your character's head obscures the shot when going North on a hole! (Dismounting is also a good idea... I wondered why my game was deteriorating so much when mounts came out! heheh)

~ In golf, taking a mulligan usually means you take an extra stroke that isn't counted. (And not allowed with serious golfers, but in friendly games) You can take a mulligan in BW Golf as well and restart the hole without it counting. Just jump out of the play area and begin again. (Not recommended on the 17 peppermints back to back holes! On those, just flub through it!) FYI, my course has a lot of mulligans as I was testing the course and the obstacles, not because its difficult and players had to restart!

~ The Hearts piece seems to be glitchy and will often block the ball when they are up and it looks as though there will be room. I am not sure why, but it may be that the server is sometimes busier and that causes a time delay. If the ball comes back to you when hearts are in up, try to shoot past them when they are down.

~ The newest golf piece, the bouncy castle, is still an enigma. Because it is a corner piece, and the ball seldom goes into it even if you hit spot on, it remains thus far an aggravating obstacle, pushing the ball to the back wall after bouncing and not sideways. (Out of 20 tries it went sideways only twice and back to me four, the rest it just bounced out to the back, grrrr) It also is aggravating because you have to hit it spot on in the centre (N/S) to get it to bounce. Too bad because it is one of the most colourful and interesting looking pieces. Should anyone notice anything different, such as one of the grooves sending it to a specific area, or how to place it so it works best, PLEASE note that here, so it doesn't become a piece we simply go around.

~ You might wish to to check the scorecard at the first hole to see how many holes a course has, if not listed on page one. (Look at the scorecard and scroll to the right to check)

~ Anyone who has player hints for golf (playing, building, hints) that I have not included, please add a post to the thread so we can all benefit from your experience!

Edited on 12/06/2015 at 12:19:51 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Oct 8, 15 4:27 PM

A little rant:

Some players seem to be manipulating the top 10 golf courses recently. Really deserving players have been knocked out, and I know of one who removed their course as it was almost knocked out! That after finally making it to the number 2 spot which was richly deserved! Sigh

I realize this game is all for one and one for one and we play as we wish as individuals, but being manipulative isn't fair. There are real players behind the eyes looking at your style of game play. C'mon, try to care and get to the top ten fair and square! (Sorry, could not resist...)

There is presently a player in 10th spot who has an unplayable course. They have a very good course that could make it there on its own merit, so if you know the person, please advise them to change hole 13. EDIT: Justin removed the backwards snake piece, so the person is presently on the top ten and having just now played it, it deserved the excellent ratings it had before!

Edited on 10/10/2015 at 11:38:38 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Oct 19, 15 7:35 PM
When I wrote about manipulation scoring, I really should have defined what that meant and was remiss. That a single hole course can even get to the top 10 proves manipulation and it has happened many times.

Sadly, Justin had a knee jerk reaction to a complaint about manipulation of the courses that was unjustified. I say sadly because the "fix" leaves the door open for even more manipulation. It made some us feel really badly as the outcome was, one of the best courses was removed from the top ten and the player may never return.

The dust has settled, but because it will likely happen again, perhaps we should all take a look at what we could do to ensure players are not hurt when we are trying to ensure fairness and to have a top level bunch in the top 10.

~ Remember some players do not have the money in real or in game to make spectacular courses. If they have a course that took time and lots of effort, let them stay on the top 10 for awhile, so they too can feel good. More deserving courses should take their place eventually, if people are rating fairly. (having a deserving course should count; simply having a clown should not )

~ If a player has placed a piece backwards, it is sometimes because it can turn on its own (like the boat) or they were not aware it was incorrectly done, but because it is no longer playable let them know... on chat, on forum PM or in game. If that is not possible, and the player REMAINS in the top 10, let Justin know as he can remove the offending piece. (But sadly, he can't let the player know so it doesn't happen again)

~ If you are in the top 10 already and deserve to be there, Kudos, but here is a suggestion: A few days of the month, close your course and give other courses a chance to be played as well. If the course is too highly rated, it won't stay there long, and gives those of us who play every day an opportunity to play other courses. (Being random courses are still for the moat part, unplayable)

~ Be sure to close your course when you upgrade or change it!

~ Lastly, please remember that there are eyes of a real person behind the monitors, and rate according to the course overall and not out of anger, spite, greed or jealousy or simply because they are a friend.

Edited on 12/06/2015 at 12:21:58 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

IMPORTANT REMINDER

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Oct 21, 15 10:27 PM
Richie 64 has made a very good observation. If you place a putter piece down, and do not finish it with a flag piece, the course is unplayable until you do. It automatically makes a new hole number when you place the putter, so be sure to close your course when you are making new holes as someone might be on your 17th hole and not be able to finish the course or rate it. (One course I played tonight had 6 rather hard holes and 2 putters ready for the next upgrade sitting there, so it was unplayable, sadly)

Even a short course will be frustrating for those players trying to get their achievement of 50 courses. There are few enough playable (I had to reconfigure the empty and unplayable post 5 times as it was too large to add more) so be sure to play your course before you open it and check it each time you update it as a courtesy to others, to ensure you have a course that is playable and rateable.

Edited to add:
I spent the day trying to tell players their courses were broken or unplayable, being so many are playing the event. ONE PLAYER said thanks, but most ran away as I tried to get their attention. It was tedious and unrewarding so , I will give up on that at least for now and hope one day they read this thread. (As usual I won't be holding my breath!)

Edited on 12/21/2015 at 7:20:24 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Oct 26, 15 12:31 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I just finished playing a course with 27 holes, however the snake piece was backward on the 21st hole. That means they didn't play the whole thing before opening it for others. How sad, because that course is now in the "unplayable" post rather then in the shout-outs! Please, please, please, play your course and make sure it is fun and playable and THEN open it. After 21 holes and I could not even rate you and anyone trying for the 50 golf course achievement will be cursing after 21 holes I assure you, as it will not even count. (Click edit/find or in firefox openmenu/find when on the first page to see if your course was rated un-playable and thus us un-rateable)

If anyone out there needs help in setting up the course, just ask me in a reply or PM me by clicking on my name and the mail letter icon. I will also be happy to set up a meet time using my time zone (Central) as long as we can find a mutual suitable time.

I also fish on Aisle 3 (SW) almost every day at odd times so look for me there to help, to play and rate/rerate your course or just to say hello. To change aisles, click the "i" orange square at the right end of the chat line, and choose your Isle. (2 is the default isle) If there is more than 0/25 listed, one of those players could be me, so come check.

NOTE: that sometimes I fish and watch old twilight zone episodes so may seem like an "out to lunch" zombie in the "twilight zone ." Also, my chat is intermittent so If I am running in circles it is to tell you that I can't reply and will have to refresh to chat.

A few players have asked if the players interact with other platform's courses. I am not allowed to mention other game sites on this forum, but rest assured we have at least 5 of the top 10 slots (we had 6 before the manipulation fiasco) and I know 2 others that play on different game sites and then the 2 developers that play off the main site.

Kudos to the BigFish players who are able to maintain their slot in the top 10 as it means they are rated high by other platform's players as well!

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 7:34:03 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Oct 31, 15 12:50 PM
Wow, what a great day! There were a lot of new courses and I was thrilled to see for the first time since June, all were playable, fun and NONE were empty! YAY!

For anyone thinking they couldn't make a course that is top ten ready, who cares? Just make it so YOU enjoy it and play it a few times. The players vying for the 50 unique courses will be most grateful that you made a course, and perhaps one day when you also have enough in game gold, you too can afford to make yours spectacular and top ten as well =)

Thanks everyone and
Happy Halloween!

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Nov 3, 15 3:12 PM
Today, not so good a day. My chat wasn't working well, as usual, but still tried to tell people that their courses were broken or empty. Most walked away even after they began to chat with me, so totally disinterested, and that's fine but it disturbs me that they still do not go close their course after I asked them to a second time. They are not willing to 'waste their time' by going to close it, but will allow those who are playing it randomly or click on them thinking it is ready and playable, to all waste their time. That is not very courteous.

I don't want to single anyone out here for anything but good courses, but wish I could. I just played 3 really fun and intricate courses and could not complete/rate any. One had 2 amazing mazes on the course, so it is not malicious. I am pretty sure they just forgot to try new holes they added later on, being all had previous ratings.

So once again, please, close your course when fixing or updating it, and PLAY THE NEW HOLES YOURSELF, so that it isn't unplayable for others. I wish there was a way to tell people instead of trying to contact them in chat on AI! I look pretty dorky constantly chatting with myself... (okay, dorkier. . . heheh)

Edited on 11/14/2015 at 1:25:18 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Nov 5, 15 12:13 PM
REMINDER Bonus clown piece :

Every 20 hours you or visitors can get a reward of energy, power and mana for playing the clown hole, the first time of each day! This is available to all players who visit anyone's golf course or ranch with a clown piece..

(Search page 1&2 to see whose BW courses have the * clown)

Edited on 01/04/2016 at 11:38:32 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Nov 14, 15 1:43 PM
It was weird that today the bonus clown hole only gave power and not mana as the bonus, and not much power either! That was a first , but I am wondering if that was an anomaly or, they are reducing the bonus! I hope it is the former!!

It was a good day! Thanks to all those who read the forum and took pity on the poor wretches trying to play 50 golf course and who do not even like playing the golf game! Today alone there were 5 players removed from the empty post and 2 from the unplayable!

YAY!

*Addendum: it was an anomaly as I have gotten both mana and power since. The range seems to be a little higher and lower but balances out generally.

Edited on 12/06/2015 at 12:27:02 PM PST

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Nov 29, 15 6:07 PM
"ONE PLAYER said thanks, but most ran away as I tried to get their attention. "
I am pretty sure that was me..my on screen keyboard is not *user friendly*,at least for me. I have not had the best experience with golf course construction... and I actually rolled the golf cart over my first time driving one.
Not the best player so you alerting me that my course was broken was Very Helpful! Thanks again
Shut my course down till I can fix the mess.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Winter in Bushwhackier

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Dec 1, 15 11:35 AM
I have never seen the winter in Bushwhackia, so it was a pleasant surprise when I visited my golf course today. It looks just like the Canadian prairies! I had to change some things as they looked different in the snow. Check out your own golf courses to see what I mean!

Thanks to those who are making one hole courses so that others who do not like the golf can get their achievement! That really is all that you have to do, although I and many other golfers ALSO appreciate it when players make the effort to design elaborate and/or challenging courses for us to try.

If anyone has a course they would like me to try or re-rate if you have changed it, whether big or small, leave your course open (A green checkmark will make a green square visible to others on Amicus Isle (AI) and have your character fish on isle 2 or 3 for a while and I will eventually see it as I check often.

@sagefever Thanks for the message! I will be happy to play your course when it is ready. Did you read my post on using chat, in the Sharing Tips thread? Search for "chat" on the last page and maybe it will help you as well.

Edited on 12/03/2015 at 12:39:07 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

MINI-GOLF:

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Dec 6, 15 12:59 PM
I am sure most of you are like me, preparing sweets and appetizers and wrapping presents, preparing for Christmas in real. I hope you are also done your shopping like me, so all that is left is the wrapping! I recommend it as the stress is totally gone and my biggest worry is to make sure to thaw a turkey on time.

I would like to thank everyone again for the Halloween decor votes as I was able to get the clown piece for my golf! YAY! Remember to get that clown bonus daily! Players were also kind enough to rate my course high, so thanks for that but I won't leave it on the leader board for long. I really enjoy trying other courses daily, and giving other people a chance to share the spotlight.

Here is another hint: When you are in build and pickup something in error, click cancel instead of replacing the piece. I spent a great deal of time trying to find and replace a tile path that I saw I was dragging along in error, rather than cancel! Good grief!! Also if you lift a golf piece in error be sure to clcik cancel, or else it will show that your course has been changed even when it hasn't. (Thanks again to Richie64 for noticing that)

I noticed while trying to add new holes to the winter course, that the some of the purple flowers block you from adding a golf piece in that area. It was really frustrating, but it may not be fixable. keep that in mind when you are designing.

Addendum: Justin says it is all fixed now as that type of flower was the culprit!

I am going to give an extra shout-out to Richie64, as he has what I feel is the best course I have played thus far and I have played a LOT, some more than once. He has thoughtfully added each piece, manoeuvering them many different ways to assure that you have a fun experience and he changes the course often, which is wonderful for those of us who enjoy the Mini-golf. It is a longer than some, but not difficult, and I believe VERY worth the effort. if you have never tried it, it is where it should be... on the top 10 list! (holes 1, 11 and 18 are a hoot!! You also have a great shot at many holes in one IF you get the shot JUST RIGHT! )

Happy whacking and golfing!

Edited on 01/04/2016 at 11:40:57 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Dec 21, 15 9:26 AM
Hello fellow golfers! I am still trying to play every day, so will be on aisles 2 or 3 to check out any new courses. A few new ones have been given a shout out on pages one and two! Thanks for continuing to make courses for your fellow players to try!

I want to thanks you all again for voting my Halloween screenshot to be ugliest/cute/scariest? and also a special thank you to a friend here, for helping me get enough bushbucks to buy the clown!

~ The newest golf piece is single sided, so needs to be placed at a branching spot, with perhaps 2 flag ends on either side. I am presently on the top 10 (thanks for that) and will leave it there for awhile as I have changed it, so check out hole 17 to see how I used it. I will add other course that have used it effectively as I see them. (Most are just leaving it open, but that means the lots of balls will go off course as the candles bounce them like a pin ball machine ... willynilly)

~If you see an obstacle piece in your inventory that you are SURE you had previously placed, here is why. The piece may have blocked play and made it unplayable (like a snake backwards or back to back obstacles that return the ball rather than let it through or in some cases, just the placement renders a spot to make a barrier for some reason. I do try to let you know and always play it twice before I tell Justin, and often his "fix" its to remove the offending piece. If you decide to use the piece again, be sure it is working in the position you placed it before opening your course again for play.

Reminder!! Bonus clown piece :

Every 20 hours you or visitors can get a reward of energy, power & mana for getting it in the hole the first time of each day! This is available to all players who visit anyone's golf course or ranch set-up.

MERRY
CHRISTMAS!

Edited on 12/24/2015 at 12:52:36 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jan 6, 16 9:13 PM
I hope you are enjoying the start of the New Year and enjoying the game, including golf!

Its great to still see players making elaborate courses. Thanks for that, but also to the players making simple one holes so players don.t find so many empty courses whilst vying for the 50 course achievement!

~ There are lots of newer players , so expect to see me "shouting out" a reminder about the daily clown bonus when I see new characters on AI. I hope it isn't aggravating you, although one player did say that I was scaring the fishes!

~ I tried to place my blink angel on the green when it first came out, with no luck. HOWEVER,today, I saw that it can place itself on the green! No worries though ... as it lets you play through. Twas fun to see!

~ I also saw the new yellow, goopy blobs obstacle and see that they block you until you hit them and they turn to an oozy mush They are icky, but then, that was obviously the point! That was on the West to East play. I wonder how they look and act on North/South.

*ADDENDUM: I forgot to add that a player asked me to play their course, which had been updated a lot. it was a great course, so I gave it a 5, but then also noted that they had a 2.4 rating from the past and so my rating did not budge it. I told him he should erase the old ratings in a reset and let people play and rate him on the updated course. (That is what the reset is for! It is NOT "scamming" to use it, and if someone DOES abuse it, players knock them off the top 10 pretty quickly)

My point here is that he was down rated off the top 10 within a few hours, perhaps because players went to his course, saw they had rated him poorly prior and felt he was scamming to have gotten in the top 10.

That was sad to see because his course was better than many of the players on the top 10!! You all have the right to rate as you see fit, of course, but the ratings should not be about favouritism or lack of a clown, it should be about the course.

To fairly rate or RE-RATE a course, you really should play it again first before giving a new rating. At the very least let the player stay awhile, please.

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 6:59:19 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jan 15, 16 11:44 AM

MMMMMMMMM
BONUS CLOWN PIECE

Daily Bonus: Every 20 hours, you can get a random reward of energy, power and mana for getting the ball in the clown's mouth! This applies to anyone's golf course OR ranch set-up. The clown has a black display of the hours 'til it is available again, or will say READY!

* Please, be kind and play all of the holes, as well as rate the course you are playing! Players have worked really hard and spent a lot of gold in game and cash in real to make your mini golf fun!

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 12:10:06 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jan 19, 16 11:03 AM
KittyPurrs, I just want to thank you for all that you do in offering helpful game hints and tips to players. And, you have outdone yourself by consistently putting up reviews of so many golf courses. I just realized (unless I missed it) that you never got a review of your own golf course ... and so, I thought that it was high time that you did.

I just replayed your golf course, and I have one thing to say ... FUN, FUN, FUN. Great layout, and I loved all the HEART and LOVE shaped designs ... just the right theme for Valentine's Day. Great entrance, with tiles spelling out "17 hole," representing the total number of holes on the course

This golf course continues to be a work in progress, with some real estate that has been reserved for an 18th hole. I look forward to playing it again and again.

Number of holes: 17

Your overall rating for playability, design, fun and creativity: (1-10) 9.5

Playability: (1-10) 10 Easy to maneuver, but challenging enough to make it interesting.

Design and layout: (1-10) 9.5 **Good paths, and numbered tiles next to each hole

Course features and decoration: (1-10) 9.5 Uncluttered & creative design

*Course has the clown "bonus" hole: (Y/N) Y on hole 1

**Hints/suggestions/feedback: The light colored tiled paths and hole numbers blend in with the white snow. A bit of color contrast would make the paths easier to see and to follow when in the Winter Theme. However, the light colored tiles will "pop," and look great against the green grass during the rest of the year.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jan 22, 16 6:58 AM
Thank you Flybaby. That was a very kind review and I am glad you liked it.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jan 25, 16 12:19 PM
Flybaby has added a new Wiki page for all of the Golf pieces! Thanks so much for all of that hard work! Amazing job!

http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Mini_Golf_Pieces

REMINDER!

Bonus clown piece : Every 20 hours you or visitors can get a reward of energy, power and mana for getting it in the hole the first time of the day! This is available to all players who visit anyone's golf course or ranch set-up that has the clown. The clown head has a "ready" sign in black when you toggle over it, or will tell you how many hours until it is ready.

Courses have been rated on pages 1& 2, and tell you whether there is a clown hole or not and on what hole it is located (do an Edit/Find or a page search), OR visit the top-rated courses as most have a clown hole on them.

Edited on 02/05/2016 at 1:07:38 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Feb 5, 16 12:57 AM
Richie 64 continues to floor me with his talents. He really spends a lot of time researching how the golf pieces can work together, and adapts them to his course. Hole one has changed a few times and is even more hilarious. Try it more than once to see how differently it reacts depending where you hit it. What a hoot Richie! Thanks for the entertainment! I had a blast! heheh

Has anyone else done anything differently so I and others can try it out. I will be happy to try out any course if you ask, regardless of the size.

I have added a little love and "heartiness" to my golf course and ranch. Valentine's Day is coming soon, after all! Have fun with the event

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

…………..*
……* ..lovelovelo
* ..lovelovelove….
..* .lovelovelovelove… ………………
.* ..lovelovelovelovelo… ……… ..love..
.* .lovelovelovelovelove… …. lovelovelo.
* . lovelovelovelovelove… . …lovelovelo.
* ..lovelovelovelovelove…*.. …lovelovelo.
.* …lovelovelovelovelove..* …lovelovelo….
* ….lovelovelolovelovelovelovelovelo…
…..* ….lovelovelovelovelovelovelov…
……..* ….lovelovelovelovelovelo…
………..* ….lovelovelovelove…
……………* …lovelovelo….
………………* ..lovelo..
…………………* .lov.
……….…………*
…………….....…*

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 10:44:46 AM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Feb 9, 16 5:33 PM
Kitty, you amaze me with your graphical talents. You are all "Heart" inside and out!

Go to: