Hi All from the developer

Zimberg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Zimberg on Jul 8, 09 2:01 AM
Hi there, I purchase on an average 1 new game a day. I am having major problems in finding your objects. Your screen is far too cluttered and your graphics very undefined. I am now having a problem trying to find the fairies.

I can't finish a screen so I have closed the game and bought another.

ByteSize
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Hi All from the developer

[Post New]by ByteSize on Jul 8, 09 9:43 PM
HELP!!!! I LOVE the game, but I'm a little frustrated. I've been through ALL the chapters with an A+ on every one but STILL cannot unlock the Wand of Keys(according to Gamzebo's walkthrough, you have to complete ALL chapters and recieve an A average to unlock it). Does that mean you have to play all the DIFFICULTY levels all the way through?? If anybody has unlocked it, could you PLEASE tell me how you did it?? Thank you!!

ByteSize
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by ByteSize on Jul 10, 09 2:54 AM
Bryce?? Are you still here?? lol. I'm REALLY sorry to bother you, But when(IF) you have time, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need your help, PLEASE!! No matter what I do, I CANNOT unlock the Wand of Keys. I have finished both the Apprentice level and Magician's level with an overall grade of A+, I have tried reinstalling the game and playing through BOTH levels again with the same A+ average but the Wand of Keys is STILL just a question mark in the Handbook . I've noticed a couple of other people in the forum that are having the identical problem. Can you PLEASE tell us what or IF we're doing wrong?? THANK YOU!!!!

Edited on 07/10/2009 at 1:18:29 PM PST

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jul 10, 09 1:20 PM
BCSoftGames wrote:Hey all I'm the developer of the game (if you look at the credits I designed, produced, and programmed it; I'm one of the few one person dev studios still out there ).

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that I'm listening to and appreciate feedback, good or bad (as long as you actually spent some time playing the game!), and you're welcome to message me your feedback, or just post it here in the forums which I'll look at and respond when possible.

Cheers,

- Bryce (Owner BC Soft Games)

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jul 10, 09 2:41 PM
Hi, Just bought it, so far I like it! A little hard finding the
amulet puzzle but I will work it out!

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jul 10, 09 3:02 PM
RoverD wrote:... the Crypt of Heroes Puzzle. I have found all of the pieces of the 6 statutes and the bases go down and "ding." But the scrool does not appear. I have referred to two differnet walkthroughs and seem to have found all of the items they have circled...

Please disregard my message below. I realized only one slab was locked down, so I started switching statuettes, and one combo took both all the way down. I thought the clunk indicated both were down all the way, but I was mistaken. I'm so happy to be able to continue now.

So, for others who run into this ... your correct combination may not be the same as in the walkthroughs. It wasn't for me.

I have the same problem. The stone slabs both locked down with a resounding 'thunk', but no scroll appeared and nothing else happened. I used a reveal, and it highlighted the two stone slabs. I resorted to checking walkthroughs, also (only found two). Both showed exactly the same statues I have on the slabs.

Please help .. what can I do to make the scroll appear?

Addendum:
I haven't been able to find the gold key it says is still there, but that wouldn't cause the scroll to not appear, correct?

I've tried lots of HOGs, this one I bought as soon as my trial ran out because I .like it so much. Shortly after, I hit this problem. I want to continue, it's such a wonderful game.

Edited on 07/10/2009 at 3:23:17 PM PST

[Post New]by BCSoftGames on Jul 19, 09 3:09 PM
Thanks again for all the feedback! Its interesting how polarizing this game appears to be; people either love it or hate it

Sorry I disappeared for awhile, had to get back to game development work! I did fix a couple of the bugs mentioned. The key at the crypt has been fixed, and the wand of keys wand will now unlock properly (that was a tough bug to find!). Last I heard BF was testing the updated build, hopefully they'll get it to you soon!

I haven't been able to duplicate the reveal star not appearing bug on any computers I've tested the game on. I've tried to fix that bug (just guessing where the problem may lie in the code!) in the latest build, but without being able to reproduce it I'm not sure if it will be fixed or not in the next update. I'm happy to work with people to get it fixed but it would get rather involved to do so unfortunately!

Aside from that, the walkthrough is a bit off; I think BF is looking at reworking it. A lot of challenges in this game are set up randomly because I wanted to this game to be challenging and have a lot of replay value! I'm glad some of you have enjoyed that aspect; unfortunately you may have to enjoy it while you can because with all the drops in prices on casual games that have occurred in the last 6 months, quality will likely soon follow suite.

Cheers,

-Bryce

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 19, 09 3:28 PM
Hi Bryce,

I've only played 2 chapters so far, but I am really enjoying this game. It is the only game I've ever played where I was literally laughing out loud while I was reading the intro! I haven't had any pixellation or blurring, the graphics are wonderful. The reveal works well for me. Some of your objects are a tad tiny. The keys are hard to find, but can be found. I am enjoying the story (I read all stories and dialogue in the games I play.) I'm going to stop playing it now, since I am trying to play my purchased games in order. I wanted to get some feedback to you though.

ETA: that bell puzzle was really hard -- and I have a good ear! I think I'm going to have to start all over again . Pretty sure I missed at least 1, if not 2 keys.

Edited on 07/20/2009 at 9:52:17 PM PST

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jul 21, 09 3:45 AM
lilyr

Don't sweat over missed keys. They will be there waiting for you again when you enter the scene.

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Jul 21, 09 8:54 PM
I wanted to buy the game so bad, but won't. Reason, is I took the short version and still had to read most of the free hour, maybe not that much but more than I wanted to. I used all 5 hints and never seen but one, and that was with my wife watching also. I will try your next one and hope to get to buy it. I am proud of a one man team. Good luck.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 21, 09 11:07 PM
Legendia wrote:lilyr

Don't sweat over missed keys. They will be there waiting for you again when you enter the scene.

Thanks, Legendia !

[Post New]by pegasus_55 on Jul 24, 09 8:54 AM
Has anyone heard when BF will have the new build for this game? I absolutely adore it and would love to unlock the wand.

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jul 26, 09 5:19 AM
Nope! I do know that on July 18th they were working on it though.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Aug 22, 09 8:44 AM
Well I thought this game is one of the best HOGs, up with Return to Ravenhearst and other MCFs

Yes some of the objects were hard to find, but that made a good challenge, and there were enough reveals to find the missing items.

I have played it twice, luckily able to get the updated version, and now have the wand of keys. ( I did use the walkthrough second time.......first time I had to replay lots of the levels because I failed to solve the puzzles in time to release the fairies as well).

I liked the whole ambience of the game, some of the scenes were delightful to be in...I don't like HOGs too spooky.......(mind you that disgusting bathroom in RTR was a place I was keen to get out of fast!).....it's great to feel you're in a scene which takes you out of your boring life and takes you somewhere nicer . The music was good too.

It all follows through properly, and has a proper end which is not an anti-climax, like Margrave Manor.

I like the idea of getting new levels and more challenges when you complete a game with a certain score, because this gives it real replay value.

I guess the only bit I didn't really enjoy was putting those items back on the shelf each time, trying to find them from the old sepia coloured photo. I didn't quite see the point of that except to use up some of my valuable time lol

I'm off to try Magician's level next....before I forget where everything is

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on Aug 22, 09 11:46 AM
It was a good game, but for some reason I really liked the first one more! I replayed the first one a lot, and this one, I only replayed once and didn't finish. Its been a couple of weeks since I have played the second one, maybe I should go over it again and find out why I liked the first one more. the first one is by far when i my favorite games of all time, so maybe I was expecting too much from the next one??

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Aug 29, 09 6:46 AM
Maybe you could explain to me why (as in this game )objects are so small I really wanted to buy this game but had to give up after 10 min on free play seems to me developers are hurting thereselfs there are plenty of game out there I will just buy another one.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 31, 09 1:26 PM
This game is one of the tougher challenges and I like that. After completing Return to Ravenhearst too many games were very easy to complete. to the developer:
many of us HOGophiles appreciate the difficulty that has been presented to us. I note that many of the dissenting opinions come from fish who have not posted very often in the forums and I take that as a sign that a lot of them are novices with HOGs. If that is the case, perhaps Blacklore is biting off more than one can chew.

[Post New]by jag1996 on Sep 14, 09 6:48 PM
Hi! I am at level 10 now.....whew! I have enjoyed the game very much. Tt is a little hard to find things being so small, and I could not find all the keys, but I say Great Job. it is very pretty to look at, and the storyline is cool.There are alot of different mini mind games that are very nice. This one I will play thru again!

Monica

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jan 27, 10 7:37 PM
I will definitely be buying this one, as it is one of the ones that made it to my LOVE IT! list The plot is enjoyable, and the hidden object areas very good. Hope you're still making new games, for this is one of the better ones available

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Feb 7, 10 5:41 PM
Just finished this after getting many recommendations from throughout the pond. It's a toughie! Even with the walkthrough! But I like that. And I like that it has replay value. The levels are cute. As a casual player who hates timers, sometimes I wonder how I would have scored if it had been timed....maybe you can convert some of us by showing us we're really good enough, lol. A couple of the items were so small that I got a bit annoyed (a sliver of a moon). I would have enjoyed putting the faerie queen back together myself at the end. I will be buying the original game (hope it's still here) and hope to see more from you.

Go to: