Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia 2 is out...

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 4, 09 7:19 PM
No, Margie, I play with XP and don't have any problem with the monkey.

Got down the coconut, broke it, put milk in a bowl, and gave it to the monkey. But then I entered immediately the room, and collected some pieces.

May be the simulator is "waiting" for you to enter, and if you don't - it returns the previous condition? Just a thought...

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jul 4, 09 7:39 PM
margie134 wrote:There are 10 chapters in the game, the length of the game will vary according to each player and their abilities. Play the demo and see how far you can get, that will give you an idea of how long it will take you to complete the game. Keep in mind that some chapters are longer than others.

Margie B

Thanks for the info.

It helped a lot.

dove947
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by dove947 on Jul 4, 09 7:44 PM
I, too, am really enjoying the game. I am stuck on finding one last gem, a blue one, somewhere in Venice. Can anyone help? I have gone over and over and over all the areas there and CAN'T FIND IT! AArrrggghhh! I want to finish the game, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Jul 4, 09 8:01 PM
dove947 wrote:I, too, am really enjoying the game. I am stuck on finding one last gem, a blue one, somewhere in Venice. Can anyone help? I have gone over and over and over all the areas there and CAN'T FIND IT! AArrrggghhh! I want to finish the game, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

When I had a problem finding the last gem I needed, I finally ended up using the hint button to show me where it was. That worked just fine.

For those with a prob with the monkey, I use Vista and it worked just fine for me - but I went in the hut right away to collect pieces. The fly goes on a spider web once you get in the hut.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 4, 09 8:21 PM
margie134 wrote:Are the people who are experiencing the problem with the monkey, have XP on their system? I had issues with the game when I played it with XP, restarting the game did not help. I was only able to get past it once I played the game with my Vista computer.

I would suggest that everyone that is having trouble with this issue that they report it to customer service on Monday once they open back up.

Thanks,

Margie B

I have XP, and I didn't have a problem in that section.

[Post New]by pomlover1 on Jul 4, 09 8:40 PM
Help !!!!! I cant figure out what to do with the lamp in the asia scene. When Im in the hut, it tells me to find stuff elsewhwere and when I go outside and click on the hint button, it tells me to go elsewhere ro find. But this game is awesome. Thanks

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 4, 09 9:33 PM
I finished! I skipped some of the minis but this is still a decent length game. Alrhough I didn't like a few things, I did enjoy the game. This kind of game is one of my favorites and I hope to see more of them.

I hope that in their next game the Devs do something about the freeze/lag effect when clicking "Next". That was part of the first game too. I never did get used to it and always had a momnt of panic when it happened.

I still give it only about 2 1/2 stars (almost 3). I liked it very much but the down side problems (mentioned in a previous post in this thread) just keep me from scoring it higher. I am not sorry I bought it and will most likely buy the next one even if there are no improvements. It is beautiful and entertaining!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 4, 09 9:48 PM
I finished and enjoyed the game. After reading the comments here guess I was lucky never experienced any glitches or never being able to move on to a new location. Sometimes the game was finicky where you click but loads of games like that.
I have XP here.

I think this game was a good as the first- not sure if it was shorter or I am now just more used to games like this?

I did skip a few of the puzzles like matching pairs as (boring) and the put the x amount of milk in each glass as I do not like those - the puzzles where you had to fit the items in the box without touching I though was bit finicky also as you seemed to be able to do it lots of ways but only liked you doing it the one way?

I thiought this game was great and entertained me here for hours!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 4, 09 10:47 PM
pomlover1 wrote:Help !!!!! I cant figure out what to do with the lamp in the asia scene. When Im in the hut, it tells me to find stuff elsewhwere and when I go outside and click on the hint button, it tells me to go elsewhere ro find. But this game is awesome. Thanks

In the Dragon place, inside, there is a nail on the pillar, near the red curtains. Hang it there.

Lovely game, shorter than the first one, which was much better than this one. I have a new name for this game: "The Age of the Sticks"...

Among so many possibilities to match between objects - most of the time I was forced to seach for ... sticks! A broom had at least 5 stick parts! In the last chapters I knew that I have to search the small sticks, instead of some decent object parts...

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 4, 09 11:49 PM
I have XP and made it through the money and the coconut scene just fine.

MURPHY

That should be monkey........not money!

Edited on 07/04/2009 at 11:50:01 PM PST

[Post New]by debkins56 on Jul 5, 09 12:10 AM
I am stuck in egypt, i have an eraser and monicle and cannot find where to use them. Please help

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 5, 09 12:16 AM
Same here in Mayan Observatory/Venice. Hint button does nothing and message tells me I have one more jewel to find, have gone over and over on this and cannot find another jewel. Every other area worked fine. I am starting the game again to see if the same problem arises.

Other than this, I love it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 5, 09 12:25 AM
bootsie21 wrote:Same here in Mayan Observatory/Venice. Hint button does nothing and message tells me I have one more jewel to find, have gone over and over on this and cannot find another jewel. Every other area worked fine. I am starting the game again to see if the same problem arises.

Other than this, I love it.

Bottsie, it's the last chapter, and you are not asked to find a diamond - you have to put the diamond in your inventory (an object you have to assemble) in the Mayan statues' hands, in the Mayan place. After that you will get a message if you have all the amulets (the small diamonds), and if you don't have, you have to visit each place on the map that has an amulet on it.

The last part of the large diamong is in the right side of the Mayan statue.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 5, 09 12:28 AM
debkins56 wrote:I am stuck in egypt, i have an eraser and monicle and cannot find where to use them. Please help

You have to move to the second area. With the eraser you erase the plate of the big picture on the wall. I think that with the monocle you observe the picture, to see it's fake.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jul 5, 09 12:52 AM
Yeah great game felix,nearly finished & looks like another good 1 just downloading for tomorrows game,keep it up had some really good games lately & finally managed to play them right through with no freeze ups even faerie solitaire after several re-downloads

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 5, 09 1:24 AM
Hiya Rebeca Lily,

Thanks for your reply, but the diamond is in the Mayan Statue`s hands and the strobes of light are there as well. The message I got was that I needed to find another jewel or words to that effect. There are no more anywhere and the hint button does nothing. Like someone else posted, when going back to the globe, there are no red flags to say that chapter(Venice) is finished and if I click on the appropriate area on the globe, this takes me back to exactly the same place in the chapter.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 5, 09 2:09 AM
True, by incident, I am on the same chapter.

Look at these pictures:

The first one shows the last scene, in which I received a message, that I don't have the required number of amulets;

The second one shows the map, and like you - there are not flags on Venice and Maya place.

What I have to do now is, to enter each place with an amulet over it, activate the hint, to find the amulet/s, and activate the scroll again. Then pass to the next place, doing the same, and then enter Venice and Maya (take care that Maya will be the last place). Activate the hint to find the amulet/s, and after you find them all, the last scroll (or message will pop up, and transfer you to the Dragon sphere.

Edit: the link didn't work - I'll send it to you in a PM.

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 2:11:01 AM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 5, 09 2:15 AM
Right, so what it is exactly is that there are other diamonds to be found elsewhere, not necessarily in Venice and this is what the message means? got it now, thanks

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 5, 09 2:16 AM
Yes!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 5, 09 3:39 AM
When you're at the map, you just have to go back into the scenes that have a blue gem above the flag. That indicates that a gem wasn't found in that area the first time you were there. I just went to those areas and pressed the hint button. After you find all the gems, there's a short scene and the game ends.

It would have been nice if the game had advised you what to do, instead of just sitting there doing nothing!

Go to: