Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shayllah318 on Jun 25, 15 6:14 PM
I too, had my game crash when I put the pirate token on- when I restarted the game i couldn't proceed because I need whatever was inside the cylinder cube. I started a new profile and again when I got to this point in the game, it crashed again and I am stuck again. I'm running Mac Yosemite 10.10.3.

ccraig41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ccraig41 on Jun 25, 15 6:20 PM
Won't even open. Deleted, re-downloaded, checked all my drivers, everything up to date. Checked my anti virus, everything ok there. Some times if I go around the game manager and open the game directly from the file in my computer that will work...nope. no go..nada.
Pissed
Windows 7

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Jun 25, 15 6:41 PM
I downloaded my game this morning at 9am but just got around to play at 7:30 PM and it freezes like all 66 other people that have written in. Is there not a fix yet, because I don't have a new fix on my game manager, why is it taking so long? are they rewriting the whole game???

[Post New]by Heatherpitt on Jun 25, 15 6:52 PM
Got into the game just fine, but when trying to do a mini game at the picture with pieces out of place, will not let you pick them up to put them in the right place, frustrating. heather

[Post New]by Cynseer04 on Jun 25, 15 7:00 PM
I have tried three separate times, each time removing game completely and reinstalling....I cannot get my cursor to work at all....freezes and I have to use the Task Master to close game. I contacted BF and got a reply from a tech who wanted me to go through ten million steps and change settings on my laptop (2 years old Toshiba Windows 7 Home Edition)....my settings work perfectly for all of my other games from BF....but suddenly I am supposed to change my mouse settings...I am an old lady, I play for fun not to be a techie....I am so frustrated with BF...why do they release a game that isn't tested previously on all types of platforms to work out bugs?"???

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Jun 25, 15 7:55 PM
Game downloaded fine but froze the first time entering the castle after the carriage arrived, couldn't even force quit had to turn off and restart. Played more then froze again in the queens chamber in the lecturn to the left of the queen as you face her. Turn off and restarted same thing. GIVEN UP. Yes I am still running Windows XP on main computer can't stand windows 8 on lap top. A no buy for me.

[Post New]by juliehart on Jun 25, 15 8:42 PM
Same problem as everyone else. Game will not open and it caused problems with another game. I never had this problem before. It is not the computer, did virus check, and recheck system. Game is definitely flawed.

cutter1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Missing angel dress. Game stopper.

[Post New]by cutter1 on Jun 25, 15 8:45 PM
Same issue as a previous post.

Have played through to the HOP where you have to dress the three angels and one of the dresses, I think it's the blue one, has disappeared and the hint button doesn't work. Also, messages that cue in that HOP are incorrect, telling you to color the one dress with moss, when you're hovering in an area that has wine.

Re:Angel Dresses

[Post New]by SafetyDeb on Jun 25, 15 9:48 PM
GimmeAHint wrote:Playing on a Mac with OS X 10.9.5.

Have played through to the HOP where you have to dress the three angels and one of the dresses, I think it's the blue one, has disappeared and the hint button doesn't work. Also, messages that cue in that HOP are incorrect, telling you to color the one dress with moss, when you're hovering in an area that has wine. ...

I have windows and having same issue with Angel dresses, got the moss one and yellow but not the other nor can I attach their wings and get out of the box - its holding up the rest of the game. I had no problems until that moment. turning off/on isn't working :o( I am truly stuck now and won't be able to finish and I"m SOOO close to being done. CRUD. Didn't want you to feel alone and also hope a fix shows up for this.

`Deb

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 25, 15 10:03 PM
cutter1 wrote:Same issue as a previous post.

Have played through to the HOP where you have to dress the three angels and one of the dresses, I think it's the blue one, has disappeared and the hint button doesn't work. Also, messages that cue in that HOP are incorrect, telling you to color the one dress with moss, when you're hovering in an area that has wine.

I have the same problem. I hope the fix deals with this problem as well as the others!

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Jun 25, 15 11:01 PM
Have downloaded 3x & uninstalled 3x. The game won't open, & asks for a security key. Wanted to try it. I'm running windows 7 home, never any problems with any game.
Thanks

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Jun 25, 15 11:38 PM
I tried to post a review warning everyone that this game did not work properly but Big Fish wouldn't accept it!! That is SO unfair Big Fish!!!! I didn't say the game was a bad game, just that it had flaws that needed fixing before people spent good money on it. Personally, I think you should take it off sale until it is fixed. That would be the decent thing to do and I'm really shocked that you haven't done that yet. Really really poor form!!

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Angel Dresses

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on Jun 26, 15 12:12 AM
SafetyDeb wrote:

Didn't want you to feel alone and also hope a fix shows up for this.

`Deb

Ha ha! Thanks. I uninstalled and reinstall this morning and this didn't fix it. I really hope a fix is done for this game and I hope they remember those of us playing on Macs.

bevo2k3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bevo2k3 on Jun 26, 15 1:56 AM
Ragdollsue wrote:I am having the same problem. The game is not opening at all, just stays on Game Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.
So disappointed.[/quote

Same issue. The game will not open from game manager. If I click the play button again, it indicates that game is already opened. If I open the task manager window (control, alt, delete), It only shows the BFG game manager window active but the game itself is not shown in the task window. I have installed, uninstalled, and rebooted between each event 3 times. I am running win 7 home prem, serv pack 1 (6.1.7601) x64 bit. I vaguely remember another game with same problem maybe 6-8 mos. ago. The fix was to go into internet options advanced tab and uncheck or check some SSL 2.0 or 3.0 or TLS 1.0 or 1.1 boxes. I may be in left field here, but whatever we changed fixed it.
BFG-Love your games, and know you are doing your best to resolve this issue. Thanks for all the good times.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 26, 15 2:09 AM
I too am having exactly the same problem with the dress it has completely disappeared, also talking about moss when you are on the wine.

Such a shame I was so enjoying this game.

Linda

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 26, 15 3:29 AM
Just a thought, has any one tried re installing, I don't want to, but if it works.........

Linda

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Jun 26, 15 4:41 AM
after 15 minutes of playing the demo and being kicked back to game manger 3-4 times i was told my demo had expired!!!
no fix, update or dr felix report will convince me to attempt this game again. its a shame cos it looked like the type of game i would have purchased!!

[Post New]by LilFi12345 on Jun 26, 15 4:52 AM
cutter1 wrote:Same issue as a previous post.

I have the same problem as above. And so cannot go any further in the game.

I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled and played it again with a new profile.
When I got to the dress the three angels bit I followed the hint button strictly for each move and made it through the complete task. I am so glad as this is a really lovely game.

Edited on 06/26/2015 at 7:46:12 AM PST

[Post New]by colidave2 on Jun 26, 15 4:59 AM
Having same problem as lots of others!!!!! Game freezing, cursor not working properly etc. Have uninstalled & re installed to no avail. Fed up ! Nothing wrong with laptop. !!!!!!!! Purchased yesterday.

[Post New]by hderoche on Jun 26, 15 5:21 AM
I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled but I can't get the game to start. The wheel just spins around then quits. I've accessed it multiple ways. Even on the recent activity page - I've clicked play, and screen responds with "replay game" still giving me 90 minutes. Do NOT tell me it's my computer. All other games load and play just fine. It's only this game. Thank you.

Go to: