lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 20, 09 7:17 AM
Downloading it now, 15%! I have to work in just over an hour gah! I wanna play it now

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Jul 20, 09 7:20 AM
I bought it from the developer, and I didn't think it was too bad. I also use a walkthrough, or I'd never get anywhere . There are a lot of puzzles, but most of them weren't too difficult. There is one difficult one but I don't want to spoil anyones fun by saying which. Have fun

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jul 20, 09 8:26 AM
Hey all,

Now that Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships is out and has a forum of its own, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread.

monkeyface881, I'd recommend checking out the help pages - if you don't find what you need there, you may wish to contact our Customer Support team. You can find some articles about downloading issues below:

Problems Downloading and Activating a Game

Problems Downloading (Windows Vista)

The Customer Support contact link is to the left of each article.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 07/20/2009 at 8:27:02 AM PST

sunnydde1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sunnydde1 on Jul 20, 09 9:22 AM
Off to download. Also very happy to hear about Prof. Layton

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 20, 09 10:22 AM
lindseyy wrote:I think most people are just saying that Ransom is more difficult then the other games but not necissarily bad.

Yes, that's definitely how I feel. I don't think Ransom is a bad game at all, and for some it may even be one of their favorites. I just had to look at a walkthrough a lot more than I would have liked and thus that diminished its enjoyment for me somewhat.

I hope you all have fun with the new Nancy Drew game and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say about it.

[Post New]by sarasem on Jul 20, 09 2:20 PM
I am stuck on the monkeys. I have beat them at the game but no compass just unusual items. How do yo get the compass?

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Jul 20, 09 2:41 PM
Of course BFG gets this a DAY after I spend my credit! Now I'll have to wait a month heh. At least it gives me time to finish up some other games

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Jul 21, 09 4:17 PM
No compass yet, though I have a couple of rocks, a pen and a fish keychain.

I am stuck trying to follow the Shark Cove puzzle. When I begin "below the W" and move 3 paces South (I assume that means down), I am at 3 sticks with coconuts. Is that supposed to be the #2 object? And does that mean I move 3 paces from it? What the heck does "walk in the direction directly opposite" mean? The way I see it, ALL directions are opposite the object. I don't mind difficult, but I just hate when instructions are poorly written. Guess I'll have to find a walkthrough for this part.... Enjoying everything else so far.

[Post New]by MaryJaneZigZag on Jul 21, 09 4:26 PM
Maven--

Look a bit further to the right --for 4 palms bending together to form a big 'W'. You start from there, & get out your kidnapper note, remembering to MULTIPLY the number of the object you wind up at by the corresponding number on the note(object 2 is 3 coconuts-say-and the number for object 2 on the note is-say 1-SO 3(coconuts)-times-1=3 paces in the OPPOSITE direction of the object (ie with it at your back).Seriously-miss 1 step or miscalculate...such a pain! LOL!
Hope this helps!

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 21, 09 10:07 PM
sarasem wrote:I am stuck on the monkeys. I have beat them at the game but no compass just unusual items. How do yo get the compass?

I believe you have to decode the book first, and then you have to talk to Johnny and ask for the metal detector, he will then tell you to get his compass in exchange....

I looked at a walkthrough and it still took me a bit because I was expecting Nancy to say something while reading so that I knew she acknowledged needing the metal detector.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jul 22, 09 8:19 AM
govegril wrote:
lindseyy wrote: I think most people are just saying that Ransom is more difficult then the other games but not necissarily bad.

Yes that sums it up pretty much.
I guess when you are a huge Nancy fan and have all the games and played them all over and over you have expectactions. Having to constantly look at a walkthrough takes away my enjoyment of the game I guess. I would also not like it if it was too easy! All the other Nancys have seemed just right to me but this one was unexpectedly severe at times I thought.

I think it is great they make ND games for all levels of play. This game to me is the hardest one I ever come across and doubt I could ever play the game without a walkthrough for some of the timed puzzles. Even after playing it through once and knowing how to do those timed puzzles I would never be quick enough I do not think. I have seen folks post it was the easiest game to them so perhaps my skills at games do not suit this Nancy Drew.

I hope everyone enjoys it and look forward to reading what everyone thinks about the game once they have played the entire game through once and how they compare it to the past games.

I did enjoy the game, however I dont think it was as good as the other games. It irked me that there were so few characters to talk to and also the driving/sailing took a long time and seemed fairly pointless. I enjoyed most the puzzles, but found myself checking the walkthrough more frequently than I usually do and this took out alot of the enjoyment from the game. I really didn't like the satelite navigation puzzle and just used the walkthrough to complete it! All in all, it was a fairly good game but it doesn't seem as satisfying to complete as the other games, I dont regret buying it
I really cant wait til the next installment! looks good!!

[Post New]by gramsjayne on Jul 22, 09 4:20 PM
Does anyone know how to land the boat on Dove Island? Been around it three or four times but can't land. Thanks.

[Post New]by MaryJaneZigZag on Jul 22, 09 7:41 PM
gramsjayne --

I just kinda ran into the leading edge - the side pointed toward Dread Island - & boom! I was landed. You don't have to sail around to anyplace special (In fact there's a cutaway where Nancy says she sees somethign happening by the resort fro across the channel.)
Hope this helps!

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jul 23, 09 6:39 AM
gramsjayne wrote:Does anyone know how to land the boat on Dove Island? Been around it three or four times but can't land. Thanks.

Perhaps it not letting you land because you haven't been at the top of bat cave yet and looked through the astrolabe.

[Post New]by 19tink48 on Aug 9, 09 9:50 PM
lindseyy wrote:
monkeyface881 wrote:Well I managed to find nancy drew: ransom of the seven ships on BFG today, it was hidden on the site and only the strategy guide shows up in the search results, so i clicked the strategy guide and then there was a link to re-direct me to buying the game. So, of course i bought it! but its not downloading for me ive tried everything but its just not letting me download! what to do??!

Same thing happened to me! I had one game credit left and I was waiting to get it on big fish instead of buying it for full price on her interactive. So today when the strategy guide showed up and the option to buy the game of course I did. Except... it wont download! Grrr. I keep getting the message "We are sorry, we are unable to find the requested file. We may be experiencing technical difficulties. (762-509)". Is that what your getting too?

[Post New]by 19tink48 on Aug 9, 09 10:04 PM
I have been trying for hours to get the compass I have beat the monkey over and over again with everything in the basket but the compass I had talked to johnny I have decoded the book I folloed the walkthrough for gameboomers and others But I am having no luck can anyone Please tell me if I have missed anything

[Post New]by millermae4ever on Aug 10, 09 12:25 AM
sarasem wrote:I am stuck on the monkeys. I have beat them at the game but no compass just unusual items. How do yo get the compass?
than you have to brake the code first ?

[Post New]by millermae4ever on Aug 10, 09 12:38 AM
Maven wrote:No compass yet, though I have a couple of rocks, a pen and a fish keychain.

I am stuck trying to follow the Shark Cove puzzle. When I begin "below the W" and move 3 paces South (I assume that means down), I am at 3 sticks with coconuts. Is that supposed to be the #2 object? And does that mean I move 3 paces from it? What the heck does "walk in the direction directly opposite" mean? The way I see it, ALL directions are opposite the object. I don't mind difficult, but I just hate when instructions are poorly written. Guess I'll have to find a walkthrough for this part.... Enjoying everything else so far.
go to 4 palm trees stand under the west middle go s 3 times w3 n9 w9 n2 w3 s15 w4 s6 e12 n5 e6 s4 e8 n2 and cleck r to dig

[Post New]by millermae4ever on Aug 10, 09 12:41 AM
Maven wrote:No compass yet, though I have a couple of rocks, a pen and a fish keychain.

go to 4 palm trees stand under the west middle go s 3 times w3 n9 w9 n2 w3 s15 w4 s6 e12 n5 e6 s4 e8 n2 and cleck r to dig

[Post New]by mystery_crazy on Mar 18, 10 3:07 PM

I am having problems finding all the dails. Any idea's or hint's? I have done just about everything I have been to the top of the cave and in the cave. Thanks for any help.

Go to: