Re:Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jul 11, 09 5:59 AM
Did demo and blah...I hate monkeys and snakes and this started off with both. Game reminds me of a poorly done graphic comicbook.

misslilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by misslilo on Jul 11, 09 6:05 AM
Lisee213 wrote:After you get to the sawmill and sharpen your axe, you can cut down some trees which will give you 21 foot poles, you can use these poles to get the fruit from the water. The antiseptic plant you need right at the start is actually a purple flower behind the snake near the sulphur pool. Play your musical instrument and then grab the plant while the snake is dancing.

Hope that helps

Sawmill???
Where in the world is that?
And I don't know how to get Jeb past the lava thing... Minna tells me to have Jeb try form further down the slope.

Edit:
Silly me, I just had to look down, lol

Edited on 07/11/2009 at 7:26:45 AM PST

[Post New]by PEWAUKEE on Jul 11, 09 10:09 AM
GO TO NVIDIA.COM AND DOWNLOAD THE NEW DRIVER. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT IT WORKS FINE NOW

[Post New]by PEWAUKEE on Jul 11, 09 10:11 AM
FOR THE DOUBLE SCREEN GO TO NIVIDIA.COM AND DOWNLOAD A NEW DRIVER

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Jul 11, 09 10:27 AM
why is it when you ask for help, no one really helps? i get it that i need a longer stick, where the heck is an axe? i have searched every sq inch of this darn island. and if i need to make one, how?

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Jul 11, 09 10:45 AM
I "think" I got the axe from the timber mill in a chest on the floor

Annie522
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Annie522 on Jul 11, 09 11:03 AM
TeresaRollen wrote:Unless this is a brand new game, I think I store bought this a few years ago. I think I have the first one and this one just can't find them at the moment.

This is a brand new game - the first one was called "Return to Mysterious Island". In this one, Mina and Jep (her monkey) are rescued but the helicopter is shot down somehow and the first scene is getting Jep to rescue them both from underwater.

It works much the same as the first game as far as how to get around, etc.

Annie

maggie1342
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate

[Post New]by maggie1342 on Jul 11, 09 3:13 PM
Maclin wrote:
scotcat wrote:Have fun EdnaMoles (and others). I don't do Big File games.

Hi ,
I am new to the Forums but not to BFG, waving to you all from the other side of the pond, where its just midday.

I have installed this game, as I loved the first one.

It keeps crashing my PC so badly I have to logoff to get out of it.
Never had a problem before, so have contacted support.

Anyone else having a problem?

Maclin
I had terrible problems, someone suggested going to NVIDIA.com and download driver. I did and now working perfectly.

SweetCaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SweetCaz on Jul 12, 09 3:00 PM
Could anyone offer any advice to solving the whole robot thing.....I mean the code.....it keeps changing and I'm at my wits end!

Cheers!

Caz

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jul 12, 09 3:06 PM
Hi Caz,

The numbers are 'coded' so the numbers you put in need to be different to those on the display, it goes green when you get the right one.

If I remember when I did it 1 = 1 but 8 = 2, 4=0, 6=3 etc. So when the screen showed 1846, typing 1203 was correct. ... don't rely on my memory!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 12, 09 4:41 PM
Any suggestions on where to find Mina? I have looked all over the island, and can't figure out where I left her. LOL I haven't found a musical instrument yet, where would that be? We really need a walkthrough for this one. I really enjoyed the first one, though it was hard for me. I like the large file games, all the interaction and dialogue is great.

flammeart
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by flammeart on Jul 12, 09 4:47 PM
Luv,
under shortcuts you if you are seperated from one another you should always have a "go to" options for either character

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 12, 09 5:24 PM
Is the "go to" in the inventory? I'm dizzy from trying to find a flute!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 12, 09 5:59 PM
Okay, I found shortcuts but it wasn't useable yet. Anyway, I got a bandage washed for Mina and something came through the air and she vanished. Now I have a Jaguar, oh my. LOL

thackrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by thackrk on Jul 12, 09 7:30 PM
Lots of comments re: download size, and worries about crashing. We have ARCHAIC Dell plain jane home PC. (Son calls it archaic, it is only 6 years old) but my download completed in just over a hour...installed beautifuly and runs like a charm no issues. We have XP, a NVIDA upgraded video card but other than that nothing souped up for PC so hope that helps with your concerns. Only game we have had issues with fr video or crashes was one of the Agatha Chirstie large file games and it was pretty minor.

So far this game super fun if a bit hard but forum help has been there for the two areas so far I could not get past. Also have not found a glich at all, not sure if this is relevant but I was once advised to turn off Virus Protector while playing and that did work so maybe worth a shot.

pinkhope38
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by pinkhope38 on Jul 12, 09 7:51 PM
I just finished playing, it was a great game, couldn't have made it without the strategy guide though, seeing there is no walkthrough yet. Used my credit for the game so I had to buy the strategy guide boohoo! Lots of challenges, lots of thinking, just like the first one. I'm already hoping for a trilogy on this one, and I will definitely replay it to see if I can improve my score.
spoiler...
Mina is in the windmill/ the ants are in the carcass near it, where you encounter the hostile monkey, find a blade of grass nearby and click on the ants, it will bring up a circle and you have to click on the ants one at a time/ for the code, try writing down the number you have, then hit all zeros to see which numbers turn green, then all 1's, that's how I figured out which numbers are which in the code, but I can't remember what the code is / the antiseptic is on a bush behind a snake, you have to play your ocarina to charm it then grab the flowers while it is dazed

bplh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bplh on Jul 14, 09 2:08 AM
Hi
Does anyone know how to get more clay to make the
second lot of tokens (on the cliff in the inlet)
I've used all mine to make clay pots and can't get any
more down by the lake. I've also used the axe on a pot
but don't get the clay.
This is a great game and well worth the money.
Thanks

marny2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by marny2 on Jul 15, 09 8:56 AM
To get more clay, you can use the shortcut back to the lakeside. Have Jep walk into the area to get more clay (the place where the blue flowers are). Then use the shortcut back to lakeside to make the tokens...fire them in the kiln at the workshop (another shortcut).

I am stuck at putting the tokens in the proper order in the puzzle. Any help? Many thks!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 15, 09 12:13 PM
I had Jep go there but there's no clay. He jumped into the water, out and down the bank, no dice. I can't do the mold without more clay.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 15, 09 4:22 PM
Okay, I got frustrated with no clay, so I started a new game. Can someone tell me what a crawfish looks like, because I have dived into the water 4 times and don't find any. The fish that are swimming by I can't catch.

Go to: