Re:Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine comments and reviews

[Post New]by jacksongal on Jul 16, 09 10:21 PM
I spent my 60 minutes trial time trying to open the secret niche in the werewolf den. There was no hint that I could use to get past that.
The graphics are very good though. Just wish I didn't have to be psychic to wonder what the author was expecting.

cadett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cadett on Jul 16, 09 11:10 PM
I just want to add about replayability - there is a possibility to replay all minigames and Hidden Objects from the main menu, and each time items in the Hidden Objects are Different!!!!

Thank-you BFG for this game!!!

Edited on 07/16/2009 at 11:10:58 PM PST

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Jul 16, 09 11:54 PM
I played the demo and loved it.Will definitely buy it. Thanks

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Jul 18, 09 1:07 AM
love it, hope to see next part soon or something like this game

[Post New]by shinney24 on Jul 19, 09 5:16 PM
I still can't get past the secret niche part. have tried the code for the brass plates and it won't open. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jul 21, 09 1:22 AM
I loved loved loved this one -- same comments as everyone else mostly, and I'm glad to hear about different ways to play a fullscreen-only game. I had to go to my second computer to get to the walkthrough as I didn't want to stop the game! (Yeah, there are a couple of mini-game or internal puzzles -- e.g. the alembic -- which I just don't have the patience to keep experimenting with. Logic is okay but when it's just trial and error, why bother...)

Isn't it funny how some games really "stick with you" while others of seemingly equal quality just don't? I couldn't stop playing this one, and there are others that I keep seeing and thinking "Oh yeah, I have to get back to that... sometime..." (E.g. first Treaure Seekers, Lost in the Musuem. a couple of others.)

Minxs

trishac
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trishac on Jul 21, 09 9:40 AM
This game sounds exactly what I like. I have tried downloading it three times but all I get is a blue screen where you have to type your name. When I do nothing happens. Is it just taking ages to load in or am I missing something?

[Post New]by llynnll on Jul 23, 09 5:35 PM
I like the images and the hidden objects just fine. However, like other games I've played, the mis-used words (such as "sink" for "synch") and mis-use of proper grammatic tense ("is" for "are", etc.) drive me CRAZY. Where are the game reviewers??? These are glitches just as frustrating as program bugs. I attribute this to software creators who may be logic and artistic gurus but have English as not their first language. Just had to vent...

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jul 23, 09 6:42 PM
May of you have done lengthy and well thought out reviews of this game. I have no desire to write a long critique of the game. There were some problems with it, but overall, I have to rate it up there with the best I have ever played. I am certain that others will disagree, but for graphics, variety of great puzzles, interesting story line and ever-changing scenery, this game wins hands down in my book. I find it better than RTR (and I know others will disagree with that) but it was creative, certainly long enough by anyone's clock, and brought us a totally different gaming experience, I am certain we will be hearing from these creators again and I will be anxiously awaiting their next game!

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Jul 24, 09 6:28 AM
forensicMD wrote:May of you have done lengthy and well thought out reviews of this game. I have no desire to write a long critique of the game. There were some problems with it, but overall, I have to rate it up there with the best I have ever played. I am certain that others will disagree, but for graphics, variety of great puzzles, interesting story line and ever-changing scenery, this game wins hands down in my book. I find it better than RTR (and I know others will disagree with that) but it was creative, certainly long enough by anyone's clock, and brought us a totally different gaming experience, I am certain we will be hearing from these creators again and I will be anxiously awaiting their next game!

Completely agree

cadett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cadett on Jul 24, 09 7:05 AM
forensicMD wrote:May of you have done lengthy and well thought out reviews of this game. I have no desire to write a long critique of the game. There were some problems with it, but overall, I have to rate it up there with the best I have ever played. I am certain that others will disagree, but for graphics, variety of great puzzles, interesting story line and ever-changing scenery, this game wins hands down in my book. I find it better than RTR (and I know others will disagree with that) but it was creative, certainly long enough by anyone's clock, and brought us a totally different gaming experience, I am certain we will be hearing from these creators again and I will be anxiously awaiting their next game!

jrskpr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jrskpr on Jul 25, 09 10:26 AM
Just finished the game and enjoyed it, for the most part. Primary was the inability to play in a window. I need to be able to go back to desktop or other windows without doing the cont-alt-del thing. I also really need a pause button. Graphics pretty decent, flows well and, for a change, no mechanical glitches.

plume
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by plume on Jul 25, 09 2:20 PM
you can just do alt+tab to switch to any other window. why would you need a pause button, the game does not have a timer?

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Jul 26, 09 8:58 PM
I really enjoyed it. I played it over several days because my eyes get blurry after a few hours. The graphics were great, no super-dark places to try to find objects in. I also wish it had windowed mode because I had to use the walkthrough many times to figure out what I was supposed to do next. Some of it was pretty simple but others I had a hard time. I also like the fact that you can just play the puzzle games without having to play the whole game. Some of the puzzles were, (pardon the pun) puzzling for me. I'll have to play them first next time and then play the entire game again.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Jul 26, 09 9:12 PM
I just finished this game and really liked it. The graphics were reallly good; but I agree that some of the hidden objects took 2 or 3 clicks to get. Have to admit I skipped a few puzzles cause I always want to see what happens next. Hope there are more games of this quality in the future. Thanks BF

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Jul 29, 09 3:25 AM
Loved this game at last something else to get my teeth into.Played the demo and bought it. well worth a bash.

Kristifun
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by Kristifun on Jul 29, 09 3:33 AM
Liked it so much! It was a short game,but I found a great adventure on it. The graphics and the sound were awesome.

[Post New]by bandm1 on Aug 3, 09 10:07 AM
I cannot get the brass plates to do anything but change color. I cannot get them to change places to match the wall to open the niche. Can anybody help?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 3, 09 10:46 AM
You just need to press the circles in the same order as on the wall.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 4, 09 4:37 PM
I've just finished the game for the second time and I'm slightly disappointed that there's no sense of being rewarded for your skill. I used 1 hint and skipped nothing, but the access is still B+ and she's still a Leutenant.

Go to: