Kuros comments and reviews

Re:Kuros comments and reviews

[Post New]by Fidelma9 on Jan 20, 11 2:38 PM
I regret buying this game. I do like that the hidden objects are all related to the game instead of just senseless hunting for irrelevant items, but they are extremely hard to find and there is no functional hint system. I got stuck on the lava because I couldn't find the last hidden object. I think I found it, but I can't pick it up -- I just get sparkles. After clicking over the entire area for over an hour, and with no hint device available, I gave up. First game I have ever given up on.

Game Tries To Play Itself- Too Many Hints, No Fun

[Post New]by snorklecat on Feb 19, 11 11:42 AM
As with many Big Fish Games, you're saddled with a protagonist who insists on butting in every time you try to do something with totally needless directions:
"Gee I bet I can open that door using those crystals!"... eh... yeah... I was hoping to just be left alone to figure that out, but I didn't get the chance.

Perhaps the constant annoying instructions go away after a while- I don't know because I could only play for about five minutes before I got fed up.

Note to Game Developers: People who play games generally play them for the fun, and the challenge is part of the fun. What is the point of taking away the very reason we play? PLEASE make the blasted help stuff OPTIONAL. I do NOT want the game telling me every single step and what to do next or how to solve a puzzle.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Mar 29, 11 1:27 PM
I just played Kuros - nice game! Reminded me of a very light, very simplistic cross between Longest Journey and Myst. And I think the voice talent was actually pretty funny.

On the downside, I'm not sure if it has replay value for me. But it was lots of fun while it lasted!

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 1:31:31 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 9, 11 5:35 AM
Fidelma9 wrote:I regret buying this game. I do like that the hidden objects are all related to the game instead of just senseless hunting for irrelevant items, but they are extremely hard to find and there is no functional hint system. I got stuck on the lava because I couldn't find the last hidden object. I think I found it, but I can't pick it up -- I just get sparkles. After clicking over the entire area for over an hour, and with no hint device available, I gave up. First game I have ever given up on.

This exact thing happened to me. I got stuck at the same spot. Spent ages looking for the last hammer, nada. Very disappointed that I used a credit for this game.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Loved the Game

[Post New]by technocratee on Aug 9, 11 5:18 AM
I loved this game. It's one of those games that's just nice to play. Not sure why it's good, I just liked it. I played it all about 6 months ago and played again now.
I like the voice over heroin, a bit of an attitude but I liked her. True there is no hint system to speak of, only 1 hint, if you find it, I didn't count them maybe found 3 in all. That's a definite 'bad idea' especially since some objects are small, sometimes dark. But since I wanted to finish the game I had to look harder.
The graphics are great, you're plunged into a beautiful world, well conceived, can't wait for the sequel (at the end there was a hint to a sequel).
Can't really call it a Hidden Object Game, there are no actual hidden object scenes, but you look for things described by silhouette, sometimes dispersed in all scenes which is fun, you get to revisit those beautiful scenes.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 26, 11 2:25 PM
I just finished this gem and absolutely LOVED it. I read about it in one of the threads and I'm soooooooo glad I bought it. I'm pleased to get the suggestions of Journey to the Center of the Earth and Secret Legends and will check them out. I'll also check Pahelica. I've been playing AHOGs, but prefer these lighter adventures. This is certainly my kind of game. Excellent graphics and a good story...quite a venture.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 26, 11 2:36 PM
OOOPS!!! While checking into more games like Kuros, I learned it's Pahelica ecret Legends...not two separate games...DUH!!!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 6:56 AM
This game doesn't have a clear story line, but the colorful scenes and crisp graphics are enough to enjoy the game, is a HOG adventure and that was enough for me.

Is not very challenging but it's not boring either.

I like games with bright colors and this one is very nice looking.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jan 9, 13 12:25 PM
fantastic game, very challenging. beautiful graphics, well done big fish

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Blast from the past!

[Post New]by adinah on Apr 22, 14 7:47 PM
I started gaming with the Crystal Portal series and the Mortimer Beckett games. This was enormous fun - going back to the type of games I really enjoyed. I wish that developers would make new games like this but with today's more sophisticated puzzles and a little longer. A sequel to this and the Crystal Portals would sell to a lot of us who are a bit tired of collectables and morphing objects.

I would give this game 3 1/2 stars despite its age. I withhold a bit because of the lack of directions at the beginning, but once I got used to it, it was fun and a nice change.

Go to: