Re:Paradise comments and reviews

[Post New]by jeanie48 on Aug 6, 09 5:17 AM
Does anyone know how to get those darn ugly fish to bite? I have tried everything and am getting quite frustrated just moving the rod from place to place!! They go where ive already been after I move and if i move where they are they move somewhere else!! Please tell me how to get one hooked.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Aug 6, 09 10:51 AM
Well, I just finished playing the game. It has its interesting moments and its frustrating ones as well. I did like the game but do wish there was less dialog. Too much talking. I did have to use the Walkthrough most of the time. The leopard didn't cooperate and was too dark to see when I was controlling it. I did have to go to options and make the changes suggested in order for the Banker to talk, didn't like that and shouldn't have to keep going out and adjusting options just to get the game to work. Ann Smith didn't always follow the arrows or would walk backwards and I would have to stop her and start over. I did learn to save my progress quite frequently the further I progressed through the game. I still think if the dialog was cut down the size of the file would reduce drastically and would probably create less glitches, which there were several throughout the game. I would only recommend this game to those who like to search through it themselves and don't mind using the Walkthrough. The walkthrough directions did have a few glitches as well, left from right and up from down but I guess we are supposed to be intelligent enough to work through that.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 6, 09 9:22 PM
This was a good game for the game play part. I was not happy with all the glitches, black screens, and frozen screens that I encountered throughout the game. I highly recommend SAVING your game frequently. Don't even think of playing for long stretches in case something happens. You can save, click on the picture, and then go "back" and keep playing. Just make sure you have plenty of close places to where you are to start from in case something happens. On another note, I did enjoy the game, a whole lot of walking around, getting quite lost at times. The tree tops, what a mess, so easy to get lost. The Black Vault was another place to easily get lost. The ending was quite a surprise and yet it wasn't!!

[Post New]by kls2009 on Aug 6, 09 10:08 PM
missy12 wrote:sorry games is not for me.Ilooked at the walk though did not look all that good so i will pass.Beside i like to try a game before i buy.But you all have a good

I do too and I wish I had of stuck with the way I do things. This game in my opinion had excellent graphics but was very slow and boring. It also drove me crazy trying to do things even with the walk through. Having said that, I dont usually go for this type of game. I found it hard to play and have had to come away from it because its so annoying ha ha ha .

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Aug 8, 09 12:43 PM
I finished the game, can't believe it LOL
It's a good game, but has a few glitches that need a little work - sometimes you have to backtrack to get things to work, etc. I got frustrated getting lost in the trees, then again on the ship, but that['s par for the course. Really was hard for me to navigate. But the scenery was beautiful, and these people do a great job (Benoit Sokaol) and obviously work hard on these stories and games. The leopard was a great addition to the story. Could have done without all the dialogue, although maybe I spent more time than I had to on that, who knows.

Will be waiting for the next game from these guys, have both Syberia games and loved them even though they were challenging. Keep up the good work B-S!

gailfriend

I[m glad I bought it but probably won't try to play it again for a long time!

LJ_04
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LJ_04 on Aug 9, 09 2:40 AM
Fantastic!! Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game! Thanks BF!!

cakid
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cakid on Aug 9, 09 9:22 AM
I have run into a gitch with this game...I am stuck, no one will talk to me, I have run through the walkthrough and this is the next step, I go out of the room and come back, but no luck.

CALGIRL
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by CALGIRL on Aug 10, 09 1:23 PM
Wonderful game. Great story line and graphics. Having a walkthrough available when I was really stuck helped also. But there were times that I still needed to ask for some help here in the forum. The walkthrough doesn't answer everything. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes these kind of games. So jump in have fun.

[Post New]by biggdogg2121 on Aug 11, 09 7:09 AM
Gamezebo is a great site with walkthroughs for most all Bigfish games. It has saved my game life many times.

wolfrun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun on Aug 14, 09 4:22 AM
So annoyed at having to abandon yet another BFG game. Paradise was fine until I got to the part about fixing the drum which I did with no problem. Problem arose when I went to the Prince to tell him the drum was fixed. The conversation that was supposed to happen did not happen, therefore, game can go no further. Contacted BFG for help, was told it had bugs and got a coupon to replace the game. I have had to abandon SEVERAL games from BFG due to bugs. Always was given a coupon but that does not soothe the problem of hours spent in this game just to have to give it up~!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 14, 09 5:02 AM
There is a possible workaround for this. Have a look at misslilo's thread in this forum - Maybe SOLUTION for: banker won't talk

There is more than one place in this game where a speech cut-scene won't play, unfortunately, but they can be "persuaded" to more often than not.

CALGIRL wrote:Also, did you make the elastic and find the hook before you went back to talk to the prince?
It's possible this is a trigger, though I don't see why it should be.

Edited on 08/14/2009 at 5:05:28 AM PST

Riese
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Where is the key opening (lock)?

[Post New]by Riese on Aug 19, 09 3:22 AM
Can anyone point where the lock (or the key opening) on the leopard's cage is e.g. left corner of the screen, etc? I have installed this game on my second pc where I have to find the tiny object in the dark scene on my 10 inch screen. In this scene it just looks so 'black' overall that I just seem to be looking for it forever. I did place the cursor from corner to corner literally everywhere on the screen (and of course on every bar of the cage, too, carefully.) when Ann faces the leopard's cage, but the cursor did not turn into anything that would allow me to insert the key into anywhere .

Edited on 08/19/2009 at 3:31:51 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 19, 09 3:27 AM
The key doesn't go into the leopard's cage. Look for a keyhole in the railings further up the path.

Riese
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:

[Post New]by Riese on Aug 20, 09 8:00 PM
Which railings? Which path? I see the cursor change in the scene where Ann stands by the stairs near the cage but nothing happens.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 21, 09 2:58 AM
There are two paths in the garden up to the tower, one on the left where the gardener and almond tree are, one on the right which seems to be a more direct route to the tower.

I think the place you need to be is on the first landing. You can see a tube of railings with the cage to far right, a tall lever to near right and a control panel to the left. If you go in close, you will see a keyhole. It looks more like a gate that will take you across from one side of the garden to the other.

Riese
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Riese on Aug 21, 09 5:55 AM
A gate reminded me of a location I'd seen many times before. I finally did it. Thanks.

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 5:56:09 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 6, 09 8:34 AM
I bought this game and am enjoying playing it. However I don't like the look of it. Everything looks muted and smokey. I much prefer the bright, vibrant colors of Return to Mysterious Island. One hint, save your game often. If you have to go back to do something you missed it's much easier than trying to go back and find it again. I also have found the game boomers walkthrough much easier to follow than the one in here. Have fun.

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Sep 8, 09 5:12 AM
I finally finished this game, thanks to a lot of help from my sister & this forum. (Thanks, guys! With ya'll around, I'll never need to use a walkthrough! Keep it up!) I found the mood of the whole game somewhat dark, compared to Syberia. (Which I highly recommend to anyone.) The gameplay wasn't too difficult, except there were some places I couldn't tell if I had missed something, or it was a bug. All in all it was a good game, & I don't regret buying it.

[Post New]by smokeyjobe on Sep 13, 09 4:56 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:You'll be hard pushed to find a free trial for any large file adventure game.

Actually, not correct. I have downloaded a number of large file demo's from various other gaming sites including Paradise (downloading at the moment). I still come back to bigfish to buy and download the full version if I am happy with the demo, but typically reviews on games like this are so mixed that I will not buy a game without trialing it first.

[Post New]by 19angelwings60 on Sep 16, 09 7:07 PM
Shauntie1 wrote:My advice is not to hesitate buying this game. I have it and it is absolutely wonderful. The Panther comes with you everywhere and is an important part of the game. The ending is a complete amazement...

I can't say enough about how much I really loved playing it.

One ends up hating Ann Smith in the end. Or at least I did. You'll figure things out. Pay attention to what she says during the game. Game has some glitches but they can be overcome. One answer is simply re-booting your computer. Liked the game. UHS has a map of Mograve Village.

Go to: