Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Brownies here.

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Aug 10, 15 9:03 PM
I would love to play this game but since I installed windows 10, this game will not run... I get an error message saying I need MSVCR100.dll.... where can I find this file and install it so the game to run, or am I just out of luck for now with the new windows...?? Please help me on this one... not often we get TM games and am hurting for a new one,.... Thanks for your help

[Post New]by moon66 on Aug 11, 15 9:35 AM
This is a cute game but it won't save my progress. I made it all the way to the attic level and logged out. when I opened the game back up, I was back on the first floor (second square of boxes). I replayed the game and closed it again. Again, progress was lost. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue. Started a new player this morning and logged out, came back and entire new player profile is gone. Uninstalled and reinstalled again. Anyone else having this issue? Windows 8 running here.

display issues since loading Windows 10

[Post New]by behrfox on Aug 13, 15 11:54 AM
I use a PC and am now running Windows 10. Since loading 10, many of my games (Brownies included) are poorly positioned on the screen (either too large or off center, leaving necessary buttons or controls inaccessible). They seem to be loading fine. I just can't access the whole screen to play them. ????????

Genesistt
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Genesistt on Aug 14, 15 9:44 PM
My game won't save where I'm at. I'm trying to get into the garage levels, but every time I exit the game, I get bounced back to the level 2-5 (waterfall level where I have to get the radish).

I'm running Windows 7.

[Post New]by xelamercedes on Aug 15, 15 7:37 AM
Love this game -- when it works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times now I've lost count. I am playing on a laptop using Windows 8. There is no observable pattern for when or why the game quits. I receive a Windows notification that the game has stopped running, Windows is looking for a solution, and then see a box with a "Close Program" button for me to push. Drivers are up to date.

[Post New]by sappjb3 on Aug 16, 15 12:21 PM
Had no problems playing on windows 8.1 just upgraded to windows 10 and it loads up on a small screen and the mouse won't work correctly. I can get onto the level screen but the play button is off the bottom so can't play the levels (that's presuming the mouse would work in the game)

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Aug 16, 15 9:35 PM
There are sveral complaints about the game not saving properly. I got to the end of Level 5 and re-opened at 3.5 several times. No explanation or fix has been offered.

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Aug 17, 15 10:24 PM
No answer for the game not saving properly.

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Aug 18, 15 2:28 PM
What is the point of reporting a tech issue if there is no reply?
I want to play the game but i I can't I would like my free game back.

[Post New]by nscottderr on Aug 20, 15 9:44 AM
I finally got an answer from BFG customer support and all they could suggest was the Help troubleshoot...nothing definitive or instructional...and they offered me a free game! Given all of the posts, I think they know what's wrong, but aren't working on a fix. I took the free game...a different game...I'm not dumb enough to re-purchase (free) Brownies and try to install it. Nope! This is a dead end and becoming indicative of the BFG customer support let-down. Just sayin'...! I should also point out that the game worked great as a "trial" and great after purchase UNTIL Windows 10 downloaded...then poof!

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 9:46:46 AM PST

[Post New]by moon66 on Aug 20, 15 11:27 AM
What a waste of money! It's a cute game, too bad customer support won't find a fix for it

fahr451
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fahr451 on Aug 20, 15 1:22 PM
Hmm... lots of problems here

I am also experiencing trouble on W7. Sometimes the game freezes while loading a new level. Shutting down and restarting the software solves the problem.

I reckon that the developers didn't expect all these problems and (hopefully!) are trying to fix them.
Will wait 1-2 weeks to see if a patch is ready, before purchasing the game.

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Aug 21, 15 1:09 AM
I also received note from Bigfish to give me a free game - no mention of the problem or any solution. Not happy..

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 22, 15 8:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

I see that there are many reports of save issues with this game and that some here have already contacted Support and have received a coupon code for a replacement game. I do want to note that you will sometimes receive an initial automated message from support, which can include a coupon code. If you'd like to reach one of our Reps in order to troubleshoot the issue, you'll need to reply to the email. In order to ensure this, please reply to all emails that you receive from Support.

As for the various issues with this game, they have been reported to the developer. Fixes and updates for any games can only be provided by the developer. Big Fish Games is unable to do this because we are not this game's developer.

Regarding other issues that have been reported here, the steps from the following help article can be useful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like additional assistance, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by shylady1006 on Aug 25, 15 1:20 PM
I purchased this game and had a few problems (screen freezing, not wanting to close, etc). Then I upgraded to Windows 10, the game is off center (only the play button is available).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn't work. I tried to go in and change the resolution to what the game error suggested and found it was correctly set. I did a Dr Felix Report, sent a request for help; when I heard back from Big Fish they offered me a free game and a list of fix it yourself "this might help" documents. There was no mention of Windows 10 problems.

I understand they cannot fix the game the developer has to do that. I have been a member of Big Fish for years and I feel like I was just brushed off, here is your free game now go away. It would have been nice if they said something about a revision that would fix all of the problems from the developer; even that they had contacted the developer would have helped. Also the game console seems larger than it used to be, has anyone else noticed that?

I guess I'll go shop for a new game. Please, please how about more time management games I really enjoy them and they are only a few offered.

[Post New]by lavergnecarol on Aug 27, 15 10:21 AM
i am using windows 8 pc and have tried to play brownies. i get as far as mom being shrunk. when the message says to click on an object to learn about it, it goes to a white screen and then up pops a message that says to close game as brownies module is not responding or wait for the program to respond.

csimm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by csimm on Aug 28, 15 8:57 PM
Level 3-5. I can't clear the rubble. The game says I don't have enough people but I cannot upgrade the house to get a third person

[Post New]by shylady1006 on Aug 30, 15 9:19 AM
Since my original post, I have found more of my games that will not work with Windows 10. They are all off center, and they flash an error messages saying this game requires 1600 x 900 screen resolution. When I check the screen resolution, the correct resolution is displayed.

I have seen several others that have this problem with Windows 10 but, no one from Big Fish Games has acknowledged there is a problem. I realize Windows 10 has not been out that long but, having worked for a software company I also know Microsoft makes sure companies have an advanced copy of their new product. This gives the software companies time to make sure their products work with the new version of Windows.

How do we get help with this problem?

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Aug 30, 15 2:32 PM
gullbra wrote:What is the point of reporting a tech issue if there is no reply?
I want to play the game but i I can't I would like my free game back.
THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Bodashus on Aug 31, 15 11:37 AM
Stopped saving progress at Level 35. I have completed this level, and several past it and when I exit and come back I'm still at Level 35 with no progress saved. I have a PC running Windows 10.

Go to: