Re:My Kingdom for the Princess comments and reviews

[Post New]by PiperGirlC on Nov 30, 09 6:08 AM
Hey, Dycmbr. This seems to be a Mac game glitch. Several people have stated the same problem, and two have posted that they've contacted customer support. We're waiting to see what they have to say. Hopefully those two will keep us updated!

bestXgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bestXgirl on Dec 2, 09 2:10 PM
Howatch wrote:
rebacin wrote:I too played the demo- got to the 2nd level and my time was up. probably will end up using a credit for this- as it is a cute game..but easier than build a lot, etc. Seems like it would be good for younger children.

Yep, I'm 54---and this game is just about right for me.

So good to see people my age here... LOL

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 2, 10 4:29 AM
Played the demo thinking this isn't going to be as good as Wonderburg, which I play a lot and still love to bits (except the curses drive me mad on the levels before you get the school!).

But....I loved it! The hour ran out so quickly, too quickly in fact! I can't wait for my Decemberfest credit so I can buy this. Cute graphics, plenty of tasks to keep me thinking and planning ahead, liked the upgrades (getting extra resources for 30 seconds is a great idea!), was really disappointed when time was up, which is the mark of good game for me.

A definite buy so BFG, can I have my credit soon....pretty please!!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 2, 10 4:37 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Played the demo thinking this isn't going to be as good as Wonderburg, which I play a lot and still love to bits (except the curses drive me mad on the levels before you get the school!).

But....I loved it! The hour ran out so quickly, too quickly in fact! I can't wait for my Decemberfest credit so I can buy this. Cute graphics, plenty of tasks to keep me thinking and planning ahead, liked the upgrades (getting extra resources for 30 seconds is a great idea!), was really disappointed when time was up, which is the mark of good game for me.

Angelfish, why waste a credit when you can use a coupon code from the newsletter that went out yesterday, and you get it 40% cheaper?

alleybaba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by alleybaba on Jan 3, 10 4:04 PM
Great TM Game with a great story. I hope the creators continue to produce TM games like this one. Great Job!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 3, 10 4:20 PM
I have a feeling that this game is from the same team that created Mushroom Age - at least some of the names were very familiar. Different genres, both great games.

Two things stumped me though:

1) If workers are clearing the path and doing everything, what does the knight do all the time?
2) Where was the dragon? Although, since I didn't fail a level I guess that is the reason why I did not meet him.

All in all the game required a fair amount of logic to get it sorted out. Hints on the introductory scene were quite good, and it paid off not to start immediately but keep the game on pause to see where everything is.

Results: 47 levels, 18 silver (16 of them on Islands 2 and 3), 29 Gold. So it must have been quite an easy game since Strategy is not really my genre.

However, I became lucky twice; in that case I got the nightfall warning when the final worker was running back and still Gold. On two other levels I missed Gold by 8 seconds. The only level I came close to losing was the very last one.

Bottom Line: Great steal at 40% off.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 6, 10 10:24 AM
44 Gold now, out of 47 levels. 1 on Rocky Island and 2 in Ice Island missing (lighting torches and final level).

Just finished the final level in the desert, received the message that I've expanded the castle and got an outhouse. *lol*

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 8, 10 9:06 AM

Angelfish, why waste a credit when you can use a coupon code from the newsletter that went out yesterday, and you get it 40% cheaper?

I either didn't see the newsletter or missed the 40% cheaper bit :-( I got my credit but by then I'd bought the game! Been playing it pretty much non stop and at last I've got gold on all levels and got the rainbow over my castle....phew!!

Can now resume a normal life!

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Feb 3, 10 6:58 PM
NOT THE SORT OF GAME I USUALLY PLAY,BUT THIS ONE HAS ME HOOKED,AND EVEN MORE UNUSUALLY,SO IS MY MISSUS!

[Post New]by lookkool2 on Apr 5, 10 1:55 AM
Great game, I have brought a few games & this one I enjoyed & had fun with...if you looking for a good game buy this....

[Post New]by nataliesmama on May 14, 10 6:13 AM
This is my new all-time favorite game. From the great graphics to the challenging game play to the storyline, it was everything I could hope for and more. I had a very hard time passing half the levels before night approached, and on some levels, it took me over twenty tries to get the red badge and upgrade my castle. I became so addicted to it that one night I stayed up until almost 3 am! You'll find yourself thinking, "Just one more try. Just one more level." I bought it at 30% off, but it is easily worth full price. Even though I have no gained expertise on all levels, I go back and try to beat my high scores. I also added a new player so I can start from level 1 and do it all over again. It never gets old, and I cannot wait to buy a sequel.

[Post New]by nataliesmama on May 14, 10 6:30 AM
marlowe22 wrote:level 2.9 sucks, once I collected 20 woods and 20 golds, I was stuck, the number wouldn't go up to 40 even if i keep on collecting golds and woods, paging the creators of this game, if you guys design it this way to make it difficult you, you sure are spoiling the fun cheaters

You have to build the warehouse to collect more than 20 of any item.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 21, 10 6:56 AM
Tried the demo last night and ended up buying this game. It is enjoyable and addictive. The only thing that seemed to be missing was that there didn't seem to be a lot of strategy involved to get through the levels. I'm sure if you really sat down and over-thought every aspect of what you're doing, maybe you could shave off some time but these things just weren't occurring to me. It is a little bit like Royal Envoy, but I actually enjoyed Royal Envoy more - as with that, you have to have a clear game plan and also, be on your toes. My Kingdom for the Princess had sooo much potential but seemed to just fall short of incredible. Still a great game but just missing something - could have been ever better.

[Post New]by ktknievel on Jun 27, 10 11:59 AM
I rarely comment on games unless they really tickle my fancy, and this one definitely did! It's so cute . It is just challenging enough that you don't get the bonus every single time. But not so hard that you want to bang your head against the desk

The graphics are cartoony cute and the story is just as cute. I do love TM games and I have already recommended this to my mom who is also a fan.

Although my review may make it sound slightly kiddy, it is and isn't. It would be FUN for a kid to play, but it's not a breeze through. A refreshing change is what it is! I can't wait to find more like this (not sure if there are more similar?)

Great game!

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 17, 10 9:51 PM
This game is totally addicting. I didn't think I would love it, but I'm hooked.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 18, 10 10:12 PM
The saddest part - what to play *next*, after this wonderful game. Well... I ended up with Royal Envoy. I don't think I like it *quite* as well, but it's just as charming and a whole lot better than trying to follow this one with Be a King or Build-a-Lots. (I tried those demos before settling on Royal Envoy - as far as I can see, it's the closest match to this one.)

Anyway, Royal Envoy is my recommendation .

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 10:26:05 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 11, 10 9:03 AM
I enjoyed this game a lot. The building and gathering appealed as did the cute graphics. I have created several names so that I could play it over and over again.

It's an A. Enjoy.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Sep 11, 10 10:24 AM
Fun game. Didn't want to buy at 6.99 but it's a must have for the DD price!

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 13, 10 1:52 AM
I bout this on the daily special as I had demoed it before. Unfortunately after playing royal envoy this didn't quite meet my expectations. I found royal envoy to be very enjoyable and a challenge. This one I am finding not so much of a challenge and it gets slightly repetitive after a while and I'm not sure why. I don't think I would pay full price for the game but it is somewhat fun and don't regret getting it I just prefer more of a challenge in the games i get

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 14, 10 11:35 PM
I bought this as a DD after buying the sequel and decided to play this first. I demoed it on a Mac and remember thinking it was kind of boring and that the graphics weren't good, but after playing it on my PC I really appreciate the art, especially in the cut scenes and the terrain. The completed castle was really beautiful! I saved a screenshot of it.

The game was moderately challenging towards the end, and I had to replay the torches level (that everyone was talking about) 4-5 times so that I could finish before nightfall. It was fun, and I never got frustrated, even when missing nightfall by just 1 or 2 seconds. Definitely a great deal at $2.99!

Go to: