Re:Welcome to Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone forum

[Post New]by GrannyGrump1 on Dec 24, 09 2:23 PM
melindasalchemy wrote:
LizzieK wrote:
LMRG wrote:I have steamed the envelop & brushed the bottle until it is ridiculous! Neither one work for me. The designers of this game underestimate the players' patience. I give up!
The fingerprints are not only on the bottle but they are on the table around it as well. Keep going around the area of the bottle to find them all, then keep going back over them until they are all dark black.

Steam the envelope from one corner to the other all along the sealed edge. Go back and forth over it several times and it will finally open.

Good luck!

Hiya, Envelope keeps saying that need a "tool" to remove letter after it is steamed. HELP!!!!
Thanks

Keep steaming....the steam IS the tool needed.

[Post New]by GrannyGrump1 on Dec 24, 09 2:24 PM
grower wrote:Wherearethe earrings and rose petal. They are the last 2 things i need to find. I used the hint but it shows me the feather.

The rose petal is sticking out of the bible.

Earrings are: one on the letter opener/knife and one on the vase in the window.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 2:25:56 PM PST

[Post New]by GrannyGrump1 on Dec 24, 09 2:28 PM
fudgem wrote:anyone like to tell me what a ship lever is? even better, where it is?

This lever looks like a motor of some sort, and is on the top of a barrel to the right of the wharf/bridge.

offibanex
Clownfish
Clownfish
729 Posts

magnifying glass for medical book glitch solved

[Post New]by offibanex on Dec 28, 09 2:59 AM
To all of the people that are having a problem with the magnifying glass for the medical book: its an error generated by the game.xml file you can find in the resources folder of the game. you can easy solve it by editing with notepad the file lines for "Billiards room".
In the line that generates the room for dr. Candy :
<scene name="Billiards Room" contents="resources/scenes/Billiards Room/level2.xml"
you have to change level2 with level1 so line has to be like:
<scene name="Billiards Room" contents="resources/scenes/Billiards Room/level1.xml"
Also in the same line that generates the room for Ezra you probably have to change line from level1 to level2 so instead of the following:
<scene name="Billiards Room" contents="resources/scenes/Billiards Room/level1.xml"
you should have the following:
<scene name="Billiards Room" contents="resources/scenes/Billiards Room/level2.xml".
Save it and it should work. If you have problem doing this, message me to exchange mails and I can send you the correct file.

Welcome to Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone forum

[Post New]by lsanche on Dec 29, 09 6:44 PM
ziggy4539 wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I like the game, got my 1 hr, over with and bought the game just now.
Im in the rose garden and solved the closed book with the key, found all the clues, even the 11nd bird, the blue one on the left side in the middle of the page, the clue showed me the place several times but the Bird is not butching, any idee why?????

offibanex
Clownfish
Clownfish
729 Posts

bird

[Post New]by offibanex on Dec 31, 09 2:07 AM
you will not gone to like the answer: problem is that is one tiny spot to hit the bird with the mouse pointer so just keep trying. conception of the game is wrong: with most of the objects you have to hit them in the right spot to go.

[Post New]by Wheeeze on Jan 9, 10 2:58 PM
GrannyGrump1 wrote:
grower wrote:Wherearethe earrings and rose petal. They are the last 2 things i need to find. I used the hint but it shows me the feather.

This is bugging me too..I have clicked all around the Bible with no luck..seriously feel like giving up on this game. Half the time I click on things and nothing happens, but then I use the hint and it shows me the thing I just clicked on grrrr!

[Post New]by Wheeeze on Jan 9, 10 3:05 PM
Wheeeze wrote:
GrannyGrump1 wrote:

This is bugging me too..I have clicked all around the Bible with no luck..seriously feel like giving up on this game. Half the time I click on things and nothing happens, but then I use the hint and it shows me the thing I just clicked on grrrr!

Oh my gosh I just found the petal (only after getting my boyfriend to look at it..my eyes have gone weird from looking for so long!) It's not sticking out of the bible, but out of the red book slightly above and to the right of the bible. (The petal is dark pink). Phew that was really annoying me!

Kohime
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Kohime on Mar 17, 10 4:55 AM
ok finally found where I am supposed to be at last!

Now I need help
Im stuck on "Franklin Blakes" page of the "Rose Garden"

I have everything done except the bird section I have all but 1 bird, the blue one in the left hand side, trouble is it won't move, when I click on it, its there I can see it the hints tell me to click on this bird but it wont budge
What is wrong????????
Maddening!!!!!
thank you

Kohime
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

bird

[Post New]by Kohime on Mar 17, 10 4:57 AM
offibanex wrote:you will not gone to like the answer: problem is that is one tiny spot to hit the bird with the mouse pointer so just keep trying. conception of the game is wrong: with most of the objects you have to hit them in the right spot to go.

Now this seems to be the answer for me!
thank you
I will just keep trying this is about my 100th time!

[Post New]by karen2000 on Mar 25, 10 3:52 PM
i have brushed the cross over and over and ca't seem to get antwhere

[Post New]by SleepingBeauty2 on Jun 4, 10 7:58 PM
NrseTracey78 wrote:APPARENTLY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO USE THE COTTON SWAB/Q-TIP TO PUT THE LETTER TOGETHER WITH THE FIRST SUSPECT BUT IT'S NOT WORKING FOR ME. HELP! THAT'S THE ONLY APPROPRIATE TOOL AVAILABLE.
THE "TOOL" WON'T MOVE ANY OTHER PIECES. IT CAN'T BE THE OTHER TWO BECAUSE THE KEY WAS FOR THE LOCKET AND THE VERSE WAS FOR THE BIBLE. I HOPE IT'S NOT JUST AN OPERATOR ERROR. :0)

I can't even find the cotton swap/Q-tip ARRG!

[Post New]by The_Kat on Sep 20, 10 2:05 PM
Ann070558 wrote:HELP! I am stuck in Drusilla's room. I can't find the rose petal

[Post New]by pittburghpuzzler on Oct 4, 10 11:19 AM
ringleader1956 wrote:I can/t get past the medical book ? I have a key and a square mirror in my tools ???

What next ?

[Post New]by moviequeen7609 on Mar 26, 11 7:11 AM
Does anyone know which piece or pieces of Tchaikovsky's music is playing during suspect Gabriel? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Aug 19, 11 10:43 PM
Thanks for the fingerprint tips on the bottle and table. That was making me crazy! Be careful on the fingerprint near the bottom center-- twice I clicked too close to the 'back' button, and had to start all over!

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Aug 19, 11 10:44 PM
To get past the medical book you have to have the magnifying glass-- it's in one of the other rooms (I forget which). Put the magnifying glass on the bottom of the right page of the medical book, and the words will come out in red. Good luck!

Go to: