hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone comments and reviews

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Jul 26, 09 1:45 PM
gemmabloom wrote:
Pinky559 wrote:hidden objects way too small most of my hour i was in just two rooms a nd did not finish either I was very unhappy with this game

Sorry to say, I too was disappointed. Many of the objects are so small they can barely be seen. I quit the demo after 20 minutes and put drops in my eyes. This looked like a good one, but I won't be buying.

Because of this and all the comments about "Bugs" in the game, I will probably have to pass on this one....Too Bad...

JudyJaye
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by JudyJaye on Jul 26, 09 2:20 PM
I agree with many of the others. The objects were too small to find without hints, and there were way too many to find. Like some of the others, I didn't even get through the first section before my trial time was up. I do think I would like the game, tho, but not sure I would buy it before some improvements were made.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Jul 26, 09 4:21 PM
So far I've played through half this demo. All in all I like the game for many of the same reasons others have stated: great graphics, nice music, interesting storyline, unlimited hints. But I also don't like it because as others have mentioned some of the objects are way too small and fuzzy. This is very surprising to me because the graphics are very crisp and clear but the objects are so small that they are practically invisible. For example, I had to find a rabbit in the first scene -- even after using two hints (which draws a circle around the approximate spot) I still had to blindly click and finally, "found" it. Still not quite sure what it looked like because I never actually saw it

So I'm still on the fence with this one. Wish as someone else mentioned that there was a magnifer or that the objects were just a bit larger. It would have been a nearly perfect game. Oh well guess you can't have everything...

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Jul 26, 09 4:35 PM
Pinky559 for Franklin's workshop. You have to have the robe showing on the screen. Then you take the magnifying glass and notice the initials and that there is a spot cut out on the sleeve. If you have the magnifying glass go over those two spots, then you will get the evidence card.

I hope this helps you as I too am stuck... only in Druscalla's room and the evidence card on the pamphlet. It's frustrating when you can't go any farther in the game.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 26, 09 9:28 PM
Undecided on this one. I absolutely love the music but the objects are too hard to find (for me). Although it was a pretty restful game, nothing too exciting. I'll keep an eye out for the posts and see what the other fishes are saying.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Jul 26, 09 10:01 PM
The freezing of this game has taken up all the free hour play time......next new game please....without the freezing!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 27, 09 9:36 AM
All in all not a bad game,music was nice,pictues were great.,at the end was disapointed.they sloved it for you.would of like to solve my self.but the second one i clicked on was the suspect.i guess it was ok ,but could of been better.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Jul 28, 09 2:41 AM
me too no rose petal, not evan in the walkthrough?? stuck here for ages, disapointing,cant get out of this leval have done the bible thing, help, sandy

[Post New]by wiskers21 on Jul 28, 09 7:53 AM
I am also stuck trying to get the rose petal in Drucillas room. Hint says it is right there at the feather but can't get it!

ajrh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ajrh on Jul 28, 09 4:58 PM
I have "investigated" successfully the first 3 suspects, twice. I quit assuming all is well, but when I come back, none of my progress has been saved.
I really don't want to go through all of this again.
HELP!!!

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Jul 29, 09 11:53 AM
If you have an anti-virus program on your computer, you will have trouble starting the game. Go through My computer, program files, launch game...
If you still cannot play, close your anti-virus program.

Diane

OBJECTS WAY TOO SMALL.

RATE: 3.5 OUT OF 5

WOULD NOT RECOMMENT FOR MORE MATURE PLAYERS SUCH AS MYSELF!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 29, 09 3:46 PM
When I try to play the trial, I get this error:

"Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'Moonstone' object has no attribute 'data_folder'" in <bound method Moonstone.__del__ of <moonstone.Moonstone object at 0x015D4C30>> ignored"

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but got the same error again. It doesn't surprise me that others are saying that it's buggy and freezes, considering how I can't even get the trial started.

I've learned to check the forums for issues before buying a game!

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 29, 09 4:56 PM
Dianeteacher wrote:If you have an anti-virus program on your computer, you will have trouble starting the game. Go through My computer, program files, launch game...

Not necessarily. My AV program was running and I was able to start the game no problem.

slink73
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by slink73 on Jul 30, 09 10:08 AM
stevensann wrote:Help have downloaded 60 mins, once hit play, freezes then goes to error. When i try again I have lost 6 mins, tyring to get on to this to play.
Have unistalled and reinstalled 4 times now, and still can not play

Help

I had an error box that kept coming up at the start of the game and the game automatically shut down, I contacted Tech services who were great (thanks Dennis) and I updated my graphics card online and ever since it has been ok!

Hope that may help!

slink73
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by slink73 on Jul 30, 09 10:10 AM
wiskers21 wrote:I am also stuck trying to get the rose petal in Drucillas room. Hint says it is right there at the feather but can't get it!

Took me an age to find the petal too - ask for a hint again and it is very hard to see but it is small deep red colour in middle of hint ring. Hope you find it!

[Post New]by CarmlCruzn on Jul 30, 09 3:14 PM
Okay, what's up with the luadulum bottle?!!! I've dusted and dusted and dusted for fingerprints. Two appear on the bottle but nothing else happens and it doesn't complete the suspect. I also find one on the table but then it goes back to the full scene. Is there a glitch???

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 30, 09 6:13 PM
When I played the trial version, I new I would buy the game and a big reason, other than the fact that I love
hidden object games, is because I love the beautiful classical music! You don't find that too often. I'm a music lover of most kinds of music, except for jazz and hard rock. The game is fun and not too hard. However, as others have mentioned, some of the objects are really small and difficult to find, especially for the older folks, like me. My eyesight isn't as good as it once was but it didn't stop me from wanting the game. I would give the game 4 stars.

[Post New]by diane1717 on Jul 30, 09 8:11 PM
I purchased the game, but wish that I hadn't. Once you finish the game, you are done with it, unless you want to play the same game again and pretend you don't know the answer to the "who done it".

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 30, 09 9:12 PM
I'm almost finished this game - on the last "investigation" - I've played it through, but not without difficulties - several times throughout, the game would freeze-up and i would have to do the ctrl/alt/delete and shut down thru "task manager" and then re-start the game. Also, found that a lot of the objects to find were really, really teeny/tiny and pretty much impossible to find without a hint (at least for those of us who have eye-sight issues! The storyline itself is quite interesting, but I was not overly thrilled with this game - somewhat of a disappointment because of the problems with it. Pretty much the only reason I'm carrying on with it is because I paid for it !!

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Aug 3, 09 7:21 AM
According to me, the object is too small and there are too many objects in one screen, also some of them are not visible at all even when using hint, I mean something like 'a black rose" in a black corner..
But the screen is good and the storyline too. Therefore it's not the 'great' game, but you can play it to spend some time...

Go to: