pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Maze: Subject 360 Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by pavlovscat on Mar 18, 16 7:58 PM
Windows 7 Home 64x and everything is up to date on my pc

I am having the same issue with the guide. The guide worked fine before the update. Is there any way to roll back an update? I didn't have any problems prior to updating. It's a shame because this is a game I really liked.

[Post New]by fablexus on Apr 26, 16 2:03 PM
Brand new surface pro 4 running Windows 10.

Makes me double click everything. Every single thing.

Big Fish is clearly not insisting on true compatibility with windows 10.

Time to cancel I think. Too bad, I'm a long time customer.

[Post New]by Hoodyboy on Apr 30, 16 8:20 PM
I've been having this problem not just with this game but with several games from Mad Head.

Here is the problem: whenever I try to run any of the games on my Laptop, the audio works perfectly but the visuals don't show up. I get this black screen. This is weird because when I played these games in the past, they worked fine. Like I said, this has been an issue with many of this company's games. What's going on?

I have a Lenovo 80H1 with Intel Core i7. It runs on 64-bit Windows 10. I have a NVIDIA Geoforce graphics card.

[Post New]by kosjourney on Jun 20, 16 12:01 AM
this game worked fine for demo, Now just a blank screen with sound. I deleted this game from my pc win 10 and can't figure out how to reload the game

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Jun 22, 16 6:33 PM
I purchased this game September 2015 and just now getting around to playing it. What a disappointment to find the Strategy Guide is nothing but a black screen -- I NEED the Guide! I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit PC.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 9, 16 4:35 PM
It appears to me that when the update for this game was released that someone did not include the guide with the game - it's as simple as that. I wrote to Mad Head and never received a reply. Wrote to Big Fish and they said it would be fixed, but it hasn't been fixed yet.

All someone needs to do is to upload the game again, making sure that the guide is included.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 10, 16 1:19 PM
Howatch wrote:It appears to me that when the update for this game was released that someone did not include the guide with the game - it's as simple as that. I wrote to Mad Head and never received a reply. Wrote to Big Fish and they said it would be fixed, but it hasn't been fixed yet.

All someone needs to do is to upload the game again, making sure that the guide is included.

That'll teach me to install an update without first looking to see what it was for. The only fix, according to the moderator's post, is to fix a copyright issue. Nothing to do with gameplay or errors that affect players. So, the copyright issue is fixed and everyone at the developer and BFG is happy, but - oops - we left out the strategy guide. Oh well, the players won't mind as long as we took care of that pressing copyright thing...

Seriously, they need to fix this. I don't even use strategy guides to play. I only use them for collectible locations, if I think I missed some. But I PAID for a game with a strategy guide and the game should have one that works.

OldMJ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by OldMJ on Jul 12, 16 2:46 PM
This is what I see when I try to use the guide on Maze Subject 360. None of the support pages seem of use in solving the problem and customer support does not have a form that applies to this.
I have a copy of the screen but don't see where to post it. This is much more difficult than it should be.
How do I post a jpg? Couldn't clip the screen each time it paused the screen so I took a pic with my cell phone but don't see how to post it. It has a bar down the right side and arrows on the bottom. It is like they forgot to load the body of the guide. Is this going to be fixed?

Edited on 07/12/2016 at 3:02:17 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 12, 16 8:17 PM
I see the same thing. I have the slider bar on the right and arrows on the bottom to scroll through the guide. But the rest of the screen is black.

AFAIK, you can't post images of any kind on these forums. If you contact BFG customer service, you can upload the screenshot to them. Their help site seems to have changed. To get a contact form, click Help (top right of this page), then go to bottom and click Show More Answers, and finally click Contact Us on the upper right.

Once you get the form, fill it in and you can upload your screenshot at the bottom of the form. Just click Browse at the bottom to find your screenshot and attach it.

You can fill in the form on your phone and upload it from there or you can e-mail the screenshot to yourself as an attachment. Then you can open the e-mail on your PC and download the picture to your desktop. That will give you access to it, if you'd rather send the contact form from your PC.

I hope I got all your questions answered, but if I misunderstood what you meant, just post again. Good luck!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 13, 16 1:04 PM
I actually contacted the developer about the missing strategy guide. I didn't expect to hear back, but I did. They said their hands were tied and if we need help with getting the strategy guide back, we need to contact BFG tech support directly. The dev is not allowed to put it back in. I'm guessing the "copyright issue" either is or is in the strategy guide. Whatever the case, the strategy guide was removed at BFG's request. So, I doubt that a fix for this one will be coming. I guess all we can do is contact BFG customer service and request a refund, if they won't put the guide back in the game.

BTW, just so it doesn't sound like I'm trying to throw BFG under the bus unfairly, it could be possible that the dev was given the option to change the strategy guide and they declined to do that. So, if a legal issue was involved, removing it may have been the only other option. I really don't know all the circumstances, obviously, but I just thought I'd save any other players the aggravation of jumping through hoops doing system updates, uninstall/reinstalls, etc. No amount of system or download tinkering is going to make that strategy guide magically reappear. We'll only get it back if an update is released that puts it back where it should be.

BFG really should update the sale page for this game, though. The following is from the BFG game page, where you can try or buy:

From the makers of the Rite of Passage series comes a ground-breaking new series that's as creepy as it gets... You wake up in a strange room, and an eerie child's voice tells you you've been given a test. Can you pass it? Do you even want to? Subject 360 features innovative game-play that allows you to make choices as you progress in the game.
•View the story from a whole new perspective in the bonus game
•Find swirls and morphing objects hidden throughout
•Achievements and a comprehensive Strategy Guide
•Special jigsaw puzzle to complete
•Wallpapers, soundtrack, artwork, making-of video and more!

So, there is a good case for asking for a refund, if BFG doesn't plan to put it back.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 13, 16 1:56 PM
I did just look to see if there is a strategy guide offered for the SE, as there usually is. And lo and behold, there is "The Official Big Fish Games Strategy Guide" offered. I suspect that the CE buyers paid the price of BFG wanting their official guide, so the devs were forced to remove their own.

That wouldn't be a problem, if BFG simply offered a free copy of their "official" guide to everyone who bought the CE. It's supposed to be an in-game guide, but I doubt most players would care as long as they got a functional guide.

For CE purchasers, though, BFG would have to edit their guide to include the bonus game, collectible locations, and any other content that is exclusive to the CE. That is probably the real reason why we have no guide.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 1, 16 4:21 PM
It hadn't occurred to me that they copyright issue might be *in* the strategy guide; that would certainly explain why the strategy guide has been removed. Good thought on your part.

I agree that the CE page should be amended such that players know that the strategy guide is not included.

[Post New]by jayjacobs2 on Aug 20, 16 3:44 PM
greengrassyhill wrote:CANNOT DEFEAT THE DEMON WITH DREAM CATCHER AT THE END OF THE GAME.
I have tried, over and over, using the Strategy Guide, to defeat the demon in the tunnel by catching his balls of fire with my dream catcher. I cannot do it! Is this a glitch?

I cant finish the game, so now I can't play the bonus game. I am so frustrated! Why isn't there a skip option for the "boss" fights? I do not like these "boss" fights!

I was having so much fun with this game until I got to the very end. Please tell me if there is a bug in my game.

Am I the only person who is stopped in their tracks, at this point?

[Post New]by jayjacobs2 on Aug 20, 16 3:59 PM
I have played the game myself and to be truthful all that you need to do is wait for the demon to throw fire power balls at you and you just catch them with your dream catcher then click on the glowing dots on your dream catcher and create the same image that is on the demons chest or belly or both on your dream catcher hope this helps you out because that's how I did it the when your done the demon dies then talk to tom and then after he places the board across just walk across use your dream catcher to open the door and just walk through it then talk tom then talk to howard then open your car door and close it congrats you have beaten the game enjoy your bonus chapter and get frusterade because of i'm sure you can fix the glitch plus I hope you feel better soon.

Josh Fritcher

Edited on 08/20/2016 at 4:07:49 PM PST

[Post New]by jayjacobs2 on Aug 20, 16 4:10 PM
magsbaby wrote:Have been in the room with the blades, then completed all the other tasks, now back in the corridor with the vending machine, i'm supposed to use the gun in the room on the left with the blades, but now I cant get back in that room, the hint tells me I've nothing else to do in either corridor or Christmas room, can't go back into right corridor either as it's saying it's a dead end, i've tried everything, can anyone help? Maybe it's a glitch, not sure!

Mags

[Post New]by jayjacobs2 on Aug 20, 16 4:15 PM
This demon try's to kill you a lot when saw the blades I thought [Removed by Moderator] don't let her get to you I mean I didn't.
use gun powder in bullet casing then rubber peg to make a bullet then load it into the gun the go back to the room with the blades and use your loaded gun on green switch. hope this helps.
Josh Fritcher

Edited on 08/21/2016 at 1:09:06 PM PST

JaceDelft
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by JaceDelft on Nov 16, 16 10:08 AM
The strategy guide is back! But...

Last week I decided to replay Maze 360.
The game played Fine. After a while I noticed that the strategy guide was missing.
So I did the delete and reload.

Lo and behold! The SG was back.

I did get an error, just like with Maze Tower.

ERRORS 2 | DEBUG | CLEAR X
>
[Shaders] tools/data/_shaders/blur_h.cg : error C6001: Temporary register limit of 12 exceeded; 15 registers needed to compile program
[Shaders] tools/data/_shaders/blur_v.cg : error C6001: Temporary register limit of 12 exceeded; 15 registers needed to compile program

Shortly after the game crashed due to insufficient video memory.

So I got the SG back, but I can't play the game anymore.

That's progress I suppose.

Maybe they are just abandoning the Windows XP users.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Found a fix for the insufficient video memory error.
I reduced the color quality from 32 bits to 16.
(right click the screen > properties > Settings > Color Quality)
This will give you twice as much memory, as each pixel now takes only 2 bytes instead of 4.

I could see the difference on the desktop, but not within the game. Afterwards I just changed the quality back to 32 bit.

Edited on 11/19/2016 at 8:19:42 AM PST

Go to: