CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 12, 15 10:01 AM
I have purchased all the other ones in this series...
I am not touching this with a 'ten foot pole' as they say, unless they come up with an update.
I run Windows 8.1 PC
Too bad, as I do like the dev's and the series
Ci

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Hoppity on Aug 12, 15 9:39 PM
Windows 10. Sluggish/jumpy cursor. I can't finish the bonus chapter due to glitch. You're supposed to acquire a button for the pocket knife. I neglected to have "Elf" retrieve it and now cannot return to window. Shouldn't have purchased. Will be getting a refund for this one.

Wow BFGs! I'm impressed. Your update actually lets you go back to get the button. I have never seen an update do that before. Needless to say, I am very happy with purchase and no longer need a refund.

Spoke too soon. It's worse than ever. My pc shuts down every time I try to play the game. REFUND!

3rd and final edit. My apologies to big fish. After the windows 10 update, I had to update my video/graphics drivers. Game worked perfect after that.

Edited on 08/16/2015 at 8:00:43 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Twinsmom_1 on Aug 13, 15 8:27 AM
I too am having problems with this game and it's so disappointing. I didn't even get five minutes of playing time and it froze. I had to use the task manager to get out of the game, now it won't even load, just a black screen. Very frustrating to spend money on a game and it doesn't work. I am using a PC, Windows Vista and all my drivers are up to date. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling but hoping for an update to resolve these issues.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 13, 15 7:16 PM
Glad to see an update so quickly, even though I don't see it announced here - this dev is responsive, unlike many, many others.

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Aug 14, 15 7:57 AM
Even with the update...it is still very glitchy and lagging ..slow to go to each scene(screen goes black)

[Post New]by Twinsmom_1 on Aug 14, 15 8:01 AM
I installed the update as well and am still having issues. Freezing, glitchy and this morning it wouldn't even load. So bummed, I was looking forward to this game, but can't even play it!

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Aug 14, 15 5:40 PM
Interesting here..... mine worked fine, windows 10 -- but is now lagging and very slow when I upgraded.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Aug 14, 15 6:50 PM
Same here, Twinsmom_1 Still really slow, and now just caused my computer to restart, with the video error message. The "fix" obviously did not solve the problems. VERY frustrated.

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Aug 14, 15 7:36 PM
Everything was running fine. I saw the icon for 'fixing' something and thought...well, maybe I just haven't gotten there yet...better install. Now NOTHINGworks...I can't even get it to boot up...Is there a way to 'un-fix' it?

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Aug 14, 15 7:38 PM
Sorry...I forgot to mention I am running windows7 on a Dell laptop.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bobjane2 on Aug 15, 15 11:25 AM
poz1 wrote:In the bonus game, Elf is supposed to pick up a certain object (a button that fits in a jack knife), but he doesn't and then you can't go any farther in the game. Is anyone else running into this problem?

I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Aug 15, 15 12:30 PM
Windows 10, and according to the game page my processor is plenty fast enough. The demo locked up on the loading screen, I had to use Task Manager to force a shutdown. On reload, the game loaded but scene transitions were very slow, usually involving 20-30 seconds of blank screen between scenes.

I haven't tried turning off the custom cursor, and I think there's still some demo time left, I'll give that a try. I can guarantee I won't be buying this unless I can get the demo to run smoothly, though.

[Post New]by juliehart on Aug 16, 15 12:54 PM
Windows 7 system. I have reloaded this game 4 times. I cannot get beyond the opening scene. It freezes and I cannot hit play or exit. This is the second game I have bought that has never been right. I want a refund for this game.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bobtdog on Aug 16, 15 2:42 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Playing on pc win7,I get as far as the cave then the central hall ,the map says i have an action to do in the cave but nothing works .The hint works in other scenes but takes me to the cave where i can do nothing,i can see the sun symbol in the niche to the left,but nothing works on it ,i have no problems with cursor speed and was actually quite enjoying this game till now........

[Post New]by shellseeker on Aug 17, 15 1:09 PM
Hi There, I have a Mac OS 10. I cannot open the game as I get a " Problems Details
and Systems Configuration". I seem to have problems with Elephant Games. What can I do to get my game to work, or a refund. Thanks, Shellseeker

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Aug 22, 15 4:20 AM
I don't have any issues with lagging or freezing, but I can't take the moon symbol in the cave. I got the sun okay but the moon just sits there, taunting me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't work. I'll wait a while to see if there's an update and if not I'll ask for a refund.

[Post New]by Twinsmom_1 on Aug 22, 15 8:21 AM
I have since uninstalled this game again, does anyone know if they have offered another update since the first update did not resolve the issues?

[Post New]by SueinNC on Aug 22, 15 8:47 AM
I am playing the hidden object game with Elf in the hole in the cave. I see the eye and I select it, but it doesn't select. I really don't want to start the game over. What can I do?

[Post New]by auntjanell on Aug 23, 15 2:47 PM
Need to pick up an item near the well. Game wont let me return to that area to retrieve it. Thanks.

Janell

Mona1908
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Mona1908 on Aug 23, 15 7:06 PM
Any word on a patch I just tried to start the game and it keeps crashing. I would love to start it but will wait. I am on Windows 8 and haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet.

Go to: