Neesh72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Pure Hidden comments and reviews

[Post New]by Neesh72 on Aug 6, 09 2:19 PM
I absolutely love this game.....no just an ordinary HOG, but a variety and not all puzzles. The little things in between that are kind of "relaxing".

Thoroughly enjoying the game, still have a ways to go!

Thanks BFG!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Aug 7, 09 10:38 AM
I LOVE IT ... i can see how this HOG game wouldn't be for some but for me I love the creativity and can't wait to finish a level to see what the next level brings.....for those who like a challenge with variety i would definetely try....btw..i couldn't figure out how to get hints to work until i visited this forum ..so ty guys..
happy gaming and thanks BF LIsa

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Aug 7, 09 1:48 PM
OK so I just finished playing my hour demo and was not sure what to expect after reading all the comments. I have to be honest one of the screens I had no idea what to do (and still don't) but think I am going to use a credit on it. It reminds me of a cross between some of the bonus games in hidden expo amazon and Sgt. Peppers. (not the drink the Beatles) Some people have commented that there is no story line, doesn't bother me I'm just looking for stuff. It does look like it may be a long game but hey more game for the credit
May not be for everyone but there is a demo available so just give it a try but just keep an open mind. Its kind of cool.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Aug 7, 09 5:49 PM
I do agree with Poodlebear - it's going to be a love/hate thing with this game. And I found myself really liking it after the first few boxes. Although I do agree that I just don't "get" the bathroom scene.

Big 's for originality. You see the same thing over & over & it becomes hard to tell if you've played a game or another just like it. You're never going to wonder that with this game! Unique is very, very good!

And, while I do like story line games, it really turns me off when the story is poorly written. I would rather have the developers do a game like this - "pure" fun, no story - then to try to do a story and do it badly.

I thought after the first 15-20 minutes of play that this is a keeper and my opinion hasn't changed after the full hour. There goes my next credit!

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 7, 09 7:33 PM
I love this. It takes just a tiny bit of every game I've ever played and stuck it in there. What other game gives you Ukranian eggs?

For those without a story, that IS the story. Just wandering around and a wonderful relaxing surprise on each box you open.

I feel like a butterfly in a field with this game! Not for everyone, but just for me.

Why the bathroom? Almost all HOG have a bathroom scene. lol!

Tapirface
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Tapirface on Aug 8, 09 12:25 PM
I absolutely love it as well. Beautiful to look at, wildly creative, lovely music and sounds. Some of the little mini-games were wonderful twists on the usual - moving mountains to let the Wind God get the wind turbines going for example, how cool was that!

Now I can't decide which of the pictures to use as my wallpaper - a new one every day I think.

Roll on Pure Hidden 2

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Aug 10, 09 12:09 AM
Hey.Poodlebear, thanks for the heads up on the hint button.Perhaps I would have gotten further had I know sooner.Like the game,may buy it.Still on the fence on this one.

[Post New]by kathcares on Aug 10, 09 4:03 AM
I really enjoy hidden object games, but this is one that stinks...LOL! I played it ok, but it is filled with stupid mini games that you can't turn off at the start up or skip when the mini game shows up.

I got stuck on a mini game (the windmill one) and now the game is useless since I can't get past that mini game, which has absolutely nothing to do with a hidden object game. So the game will go unfinished.

I found a post a few mins. ago from another member running into the same problem.

BF is coming out with new hidden object games all the time, so you might want to save your money for one of the hidden object games that is what it is supposed to be....not loaded up with mini games.

Good luck with all your games and have fun!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 10, 09 4:31 AM
Kathcares did you see my tip on the windmill game! Would hate you to miss out. I finally did it by clicking the hint button again and again and going very slowly.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 10, 09 12:48 PM
Most of the mini-games are skippable, and the ones that aren't, like the windmill game), have generous hints that are very close to walk-throughs.

I agree that this game may not be the best choice for people who like HOGs and nothing but HOGs, but I found it delightful for its variety, some of which is pure silly fooling around that you can take or leave. I'm on my second time around and like it even better.

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Aug 11, 09 2:45 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game, and i haven't said that for awhile with all of the games I have bought. I am tired of the HOG's that have people sending you this way and that and that part of the graphics is never very good or these phoney voices giving you the story line. It was just nice to just play! I played for 2 hours and am barely half way through. Loved the simplicity of some of the mini games, just to give the brain a brief rest before being plunged into a mass of colors and objects and beautiful graphics. The replay value is high which I like. Excellent game and am excited to see what the next adventure is. A few times I have said to myself.....Oh God! I will never get through this one but I love the challenge. A very good buy!!!!!!!

[Post New]by kstming on Aug 11, 09 7:24 AM
I couldn't help coming back on the game every time I turned it off this week end. It fully addicts me nd I hope it's the same 4 you!!!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Aug 11, 09 9:19 AM
Count me in - I love this game! Love it for all the reasons already mentioned - PLUS it is light - no dark scenes, dark areas, dark objects! So much white and light. Absolutely great and so original.

And I must also say, along with others, that it is so nice that you can continue, occasionally with help, or stay and look for more, or come back later - or all of the above.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 11, 09 1:59 PM
Hello all.....I am really enjoying this game; am playing in the zen mode right now. What I like about it is, there is no story and you can just enjoy each level as it comes. I am taking my time, and just enjoying it. Whoever made this game has a good imagination. And I like the fact that you don't get penalized if you click on a wrong choice. Fun for me!!!

[Post New]by Blue_Willow on Aug 11, 09 7:22 PM
I played the trial version and really enjoyed it and had no problems with it, but when I purchased the full version, the game wouldn't load and launch correctly. I get the Big Fish intro screen and the game intro screens, but then when it goes to load the main menu, the screen goes black and stays there. I tried several times. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it didn't help. Then I tried to play it on my other computer, a mini notebook, but it wouldn't play on that, presumably because the screen resolution was inadequate to support the full screen. Seems this one was a complete waste of money. Pity. I love the uniqueness of it. So many HOG's are so similar.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 11, 09 9:47 PM
Hello again. I just finished this game in the zen mode. Hated to see it end. I absolutely enjoyed it thoroughly. I was kind of tired of the story games. This was a welcome change. Hope BF comes out with more of these. Guess I'll try the score mode next.

Edited on 08/11/2009 at 9:50:17 PM PST

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Aug 12, 09 1:42 AM
When playing this game, I think people have to try and wrap their minds around something that is a bit different than the usual HOG's. I know I sure did. There really is no beginning and no particular end, you just play. I found most of the hidden object game parts quite difficult and many of the puzzles were challenging especially the ones where you have to put together pictures. Some of the mini games are just fluff to make a person relax or laugh. There is one where you can "color" and one time when I was just tired and moody I just colored and colored and worked myself right out of the mood. The music is wonderful and relaxing, the colors, shapes, contrasts are also wonderful. Graphics are great. It is challenging or playful or relaxing or silly - with no time limits in the zen mode and no tip restrictions. I have played all of the ravenhurst type games and dream chronicles and mystery games and really just loved this one. The replay value is endless. A great value for the money!!! I hope they produce more like this!!!

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Aug 12, 09 10:13 PM
Beautiful and different! Loved it!

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Aug 12, 09 11:04 PM
chinadoll6 wrote:Guess what you guys...I draw a blank looking at this screen...I have NO idea how to play this. My acute sense of logic has totally shut DOWN. I think I hate this game. Being an avid fan of BFG I will give it a chance if someone would be kind enough to tell me HOW THIS GAME IS PLAYED. I DO hate to give up easily!

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Aug 12, 09 11:06 PM

from the beginning of the game it gives step by step directions on how to play, saying try this now, do this now and do that now, so don't skip that part cause you will be lost like I was. It explains the hint button, etc.as you go along. Really nice game!!!

Go to: