nursekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor Forum comments and reviews

[Post New]by nursekat on Oct 15, 09 10:18 AM
I bought this game & initially it seemed a little more difficult until it got going & now I just Love it. I was wondering if anyone who is playing it could help me. I am now stuck in this long hallway, upstairs, which used to be a small hallway but is now never ending. I have been walking down this hallway for quite some time, & even tried to go back the way I came. All of the doors around these hallways will allow you to enter but if you do, they put you right back into the hallway again. Initially there was a ghost lady writing arrows ( 3 ) on the wall in the hallway, but she is now gone. I noticed she does return however, each time I enter another room. Is there an end to this hallway or not, do I keep walking down this hallway, or do I go back. Maybe, there is something else I am missing. If anyone can help me, let me know. Thanks, Nursekat :~)

essywest
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by essywest on Mar 6, 10 10:25 AM
This is the type of game that I enjoy but the linear requirements and out of context tasks coupled with the difficult manner that you must use to get from a to b and back again make me very sorry that I bought this game. YUK

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Mar 17, 10 1:14 PM
Well I was considering downloading the trial but after reading what everybody had to say I realized the developers didn't pay a single bit of attention to what we all said about the last Delaware St. John game. So no thanks, and since they apparently don't care what people have to say I won't be considering any game this group comes up with.

[Post New]by kathtwohig on Mar 19, 10 10:58 AM
this game spends the entire 60 minutes on credits and chat. boring, hate it

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Aug 28, 10 2:31 AM
I was so intriqued with the title of the game (I was very new to BFG at that time) and downloaded the free demo at once. The atmosphere was quite spooky and I was scared with the singing girl ghost. But then I realized that this game wasn't par to what I expected. The scariness is just in the beginning and then it starts to be slowed down. What's with the ghost thing if what we are investigating are missing students?
Also I hate watching credits in the beginning of the game. Imagine have to sit down the cinema watching credits first before screening the real thing. I appreciate those who made this game but I prefer to read their names at the back (if I am satisfied with it) after I'm done.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Apr 6, 11 1:22 PM
After suffering through the credits... I know all who worked on it deserved recognition but I think it should come at the end of the game.

I played he full demo. Exactly how long I played the actual game, I'm not sure, after subtracting the credits and tutorial, but I like the game and bought it. I'm looking forward to playing the entire game.

This advice might be too late for those that already deleted the demo due to cursor problems but...

Try turning off all mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors, (use Normal Select) Snap To, etc. This simple step has fixed all my BFG cursor problems.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 29, 11 4:03 PM
Delaware St. John: The Curse of Midnight Manor (Adventure-lite)

After buying this game long ago, I finally got around to playing it through, today.

What a delightfully spooky game, exactly what I was looking for

You might have noticed that I deemed this game an "Adventure-lite". What I mean by that is that is is a real adventure game, but not as long, nor as diabolically hard as most "Large File Adventures" (ie. Myst).

The game has sliders for both music and voice, and there is an option to have subtitles in English, Spanish, or no subtitles at all. I like having the subtitles, since sometimes I get interrupted around here (imagine that!), and I can hurry and read ahead if I need to. You can NOT skip dialog and/or cutscenes, but they aren't very long, and you'll really need the information you're getting.

Now, when I originally tried this game I ended up deleting it due to navigation frustrations... but then I remembered just how spooky and environmental the game was... and the banter between Delaware and his partner was a lot of fun... So I came back and bought it I'm glad I did.

The game is really not hard to figure out, but you MUST get the hang of the navigation before you progress too far into the game. BELIEVE me, you'll need to know your way around, so move around a lot until you have it down. HINT: The DOWN arrow in this game makes you TURN AROUND (unlike the IHOG's we're used to, which will make you go back the way you came).

The first part of the game seemed rather short to me, but the second part was much longer. You'll load the 2nd part of the game from the main menu, once you complete the 1st.

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE! This is an adventure, and like all true adventures, you must save manually! Save often, and use multiple slots. You can't get "killed" like in some of these games, but believe me, you will regret it if you don't save often!

You do have a HINT button (which makes you contact your partner), but if all else fails, there's a lovely walkthrough at Big Fish.

I enjoyed the game

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart/easily scared.

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 4:05:57 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 9:38 AM
This game is the first of the "Delaware St. John" series, is by far the second best for me, this is a delightful interactive ghost story thrill.

It has plenty of mystery and ghost to keep you on the edge, definitely a spooky game.

Its quite challenging, I would not have make it without a walkabout that I got in the net when the game came out.

This one is a most for any ghost story lover.

Go to: