Re:Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff comments and reviews

[Post New]by hopewilson65 on Aug 21, 09 7:55 AM
hi !

all i have to say about h.o/puzzle games like this is

I LIKE UM!
I LUV UM!
I WANT MORE OF UM!
KEEP UM COMING! KEEP UM COMING! KEEP UM COMING! YEEEAAAAAA!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Aug 21, 09 12:35 PM
I really like this one. Like another reviewer said, it resembles the Magic Encyclopedia games and I really like those!
I'm seriously thinking of buying this one. It's a great game!!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Aug 21, 09 12:51 PM
I have not downloaded the game yet.I will later.got so much on my plate right now.
We did not have any HOG hardly all week .Them boom two back to back.I will have a busy weekend.The game sounds great can,t wait to try it.Talk to you all later.Happy gaming.

[Post New]by patticat317 on Aug 21, 09 6:20 PM
paulmiss wrote:seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

[Post New]by patticat317 on Aug 21, 09 6:22 PM
PAUL you should have a paper bag in your inventory...take it to fireflies,,,it fills automaticly then put it on the lamp Patti

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 6:23:55 PM PST

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Aug 21, 09 6:26 PM
Please do not post questions or spoilers in the reviews thread.
If you are stuck, start a new thread with your question.
For those of us just reading the reviews, we are not looking for spoilers.
Thanks and happy gaming.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Aug 21, 09 8:21 PM
Finished this game and loved it, skippable mini games, nice mix of HOG and puzzle solving, another good one from !!

icechip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by icechip on Aug 21, 09 10:09 PM
i love this game and want to buy it, but i cant save where i left off, i keep going to the start ,how can i save the game so i can continue where i left off.thank you if anyone can tell me.

[Post New]by eyesblue69 on Aug 21, 09 10:25 PM
comicseller wrote:I love this game. I beta'd it and couldn't wait for it to come out. I sure do wish there
was a walk through though.....I'm stuck trying to get the medicine to the camel.

How did you get the fireflies to put in the lamp ? and where is the bag you got them into?

I can't find the bag on the coat rack or table please help me I feel you are passed this part of the game. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Aug 21, 09 10:58 PM
Since this is the review thread you will not find the answer here, it is for reviews, comments only, no solutions to the game puzzles. Below is the link to the walkthrough

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-age-the-imperial-staff-walkthrough/

If you cannot find the answer there, then search the other topics in this game forum, or start your own thread asking for help. That will probably get you the answer that you are seeking.

Thanks

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Aug 22, 09 9:35 AM
did anyone else have problems with the game freezing at the start up page...i.e. asks you your name and then it just freezes....I have no trouble playing any other games....really disappointed as I wanted to play this game really badly...

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 22, 09 11:47 PM
I loved this game and I want more please.

C

[Post New]by SnowCap13 on Aug 23, 09 5:29 AM
I liked the game but found it very easy.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Aug 23, 09 1:43 PM
Just finished Mystery Age and thoroughly enjoyed it. The mini games were not too difficult and there is a skip option if you find on or two a bit testing. This is a lot like the ME's, I love this sort of game, beautiful and delicious graphics. More of these BF please.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 23, 09 2:31 PM
I demoed this for the hour, delightful, seemed to have everything I enjoy in a game as i REALLY appreciate good clear graphics, good artwork, no timer etc. I play to enjoy and relax. Then I demoed Princess Isabella, read early reviews and I wasn't having problems with it either. Now I am kicking myself using my last credit on Princess Isabella, had I waited and seen all the later posts of frustrated players asking help, stuck I'd not have indulged. 3 days later and still wrestling with the other game, wasting playtime reading posts and walkthru. Determined to finish it before buying Imperial Staff, at least it sounds like one I can finish.

Thanks for all the reassurances this is the right one for me, enough stress in my life that I don't need to go buy more for "pleasure". I did have to dump the Magic Ency game, vision problems on teeny tiny parts to objects on small screen near invisible to me, but these were seeable (?) and story seemed lighthearted enough to care what's next. May take a week to get thru the other game I am sorry I got into, but I'll be back after playing this one with enthusiasm I'm sure.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 24, 09 7:36 AM
i guess I'm in the minority here, but I found it boring-not really sure why, just not my cup of tea. Have played other HOG games (like Mortimer Beckett) and enjoyed those. I did find amusing the different animal names she came up with to call her daughter, though.

[Post New]by peedeeleavitt on Aug 25, 09 5:19 PM
belamba wrote:I really disliked this game! Aimed at young children me thinks. Those annoying speech bubbles, stupid hints non-stop telling you what each object was for, and the game was finished within 2 hours gameplay! Didn't feel it was value for money, and certainly didn't exercise the grey matter!
Was very disappointed with this game. Don't know why anyone would need a walkthrough? Just click on 'hint' and any object and your probs are solved!

[Post New]by peedeeleavitt on Aug 25, 09 5:21 PM
Well, I guess I'm in my second childhood because I think the game is great. As far as the hints are concerned, I must not be able to discern their meaning because I'm stuck on a sick camel and have been for 2 days. I think the game is better than most of the ones I play.

lucaluna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lucaluna on Aug 26, 09 11:56 AM
it'a my favorite game, and one off favorites games to felix

your's it's my favorite friend Felix

lucaluna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lucaluna on Aug 26, 09 12:11 PM
eyesblue69 wrote:
comicseller wrote:I love this game. I beta'd it and couldn't wait for it to come out. I sure do wish there
was a walk through though.....I'm stuck trying to get the medicine to the camel.

How did you get the fireflies to put in the lamp ? and where is the bag you got them into?

I can't find the bag on the coat rack or table please help me I feel you are passed this part of the game. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one part on the game it's hard
a part can find a fairies and other i'm can find bred's

Go to: