meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Hide & Secret 3: Pharaoh's Quest comments and reviews

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Sep 6, 09 11:09 AM
UGH! This game was way too short and too easy. I was disappointed with this game!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 6, 09 3:13 PM
I just purchased this game, and finished it, and I must say, it was much better than the first one !!
I really enjoyed playing this game, when I get totally into a game, and can forget my problems for a while, the game is well worth every cent paid for it.
After reading several review's, about all of the going back and forth between scenes, I wasn't to sure if I was going to like it, but I didn't have any problems, placing the objects, where they where suppose to go.
For me this game had just the right amount, of a challenge, it wasn't so easy that I got bored, and it wasn't so difficult, that I got frustrated...it was PERFECT!
With so many games out there, that are not worth buying, I give kudo's and , to a game well done, and look forward to future games in this series.
Thanks Big Fish, you hit the nail right on the head, with bringing this game, to all of your BF fans :-)
Have a great day everyone, and as always, HAPPY GAMING to all

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Sep 6, 09 3:18 PM
I just finished playing this game, and I thought it was fantastic! This is by far the best of the Hide & Secret series. The mini games were a bit too easy, but the game itself made me think and figure out how to use the items I collected. Since these are my favorite type of HOGS, I really enjoyed myself. I liked how I had to go through different scenes to collect what I needed, and I had to backtrack to figure out where all the items needed to be placed. The length was pretty decent, but these always fly by for me! I definitely appreciated how they got rid of the annoying thing the characters did when I found a hidden item in the first two of the series. Their dialogue was at a minimum as well, which made it easier for me. Overall, I give this game . I hope they make more like this one in the series.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 6, 09 6:30 PM
I have to say that this installment is a step up from what I've seen from H&S games 1 and 2. Like others have said - glad to see that they aren't running into the middle of the screen all the time; wish the hidden object tasks were more difficult, more Egyptian; glad for the adventure change-up of trekking all over the world; think there's a little more to puzzle time than jigsaws and 'rearrange the tiles;' and can more than understand some people complaining of "getting lost" and "needing a map."

So far, I give it a thumb's up and would like to throw something out there for those who have been disheartened and confused by the complexities of wandering in and out of scenes gathering items that can only be used somewhere else. Anyone want to tell me if they've played "Return to Ravenhearst?" How about "Magic Encyclopedia?" There are several games out there in the blend of Hidden Object meets Adventure, and frankly, no adventure game I have ever played was entirely linear.

For those who have said "This is hard!" - go play "Return to Ravenhearst." I love that game but still have yet to go through it without kicking myself trying to remember what it was I was supposed to doing somewhere. Next to that, I really have to say that "Pharoah's Quest" is a walk in the park... a quirky kind of cellophane tree kind of park.

[Post New]by patthecat on Sep 6, 09 6:36 PM
I am stuck I love the game and brought it but I cannot get past the jeep. Help

Edited on 09/06/2009 at 6:39:24 PM PST

Bookish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Bookish on Sep 6, 09 7:49 PM
I just finished the Pharoah's Quest, and it's one of the better **** games I've played. I really enjoyed moving around the different locations. When it wasn't obvious where to go next, I just traveled around and eventually found everything I needed. I really don't think a map is necessary. I wish more **** games had more to them, like this one. Thumbs up!

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Sep 7, 09 2:22 PM
Over all the game is pretty good. But I have to agree the graphics are really lacking a lot. But in spite of the poor graphics I like the game and will purchase.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 7, 09 8:14 PM
Overall, it was better than many but just okay...
-- graphics were grainy and low-res
-- didn't mind the navigation everywhere - part of the fun for me
-- hidden object parts were okay but poor res graphics makes it harder to identify objects
-- hated the sparkling hint area in the lower left... It's in your peripheral vision, which excels at detecting motion, and it's a HUGE distractor! (Why do game developers keep doing stuff like this?? Take a lession from BF Studios - look at what they draw attention to in games...)
-- WAY TOO SHORT

[Post New]by Megandoc on Sep 10, 09 5:26 AM
Hi, I'd just like to say that I thought this game well worth buying. It lasted me a good few days of occasional playing, I thought the background graphics were good, and unlike some of the other reviewers, didn't mind that the hidden objects had nothing to do with the main theme. Not too challenging whilst just being engaging enough to keep my attention. I'd certainly buy the next game in this series and now am away to have a look at the first two.

chrissch
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by chrissch on Sep 17, 09 10:56 AM
Hi all, I really liked this one for the most part, If you haven't done the trial yet, you got to try it. unlike some I did not get too confused on the traveling back and forth, at least not as bad as those games shot within houses, geeze those can be rough, the game is a long play, which I loved. Glad I bought this one, looking forward to playing this one again....Hope I have as much fun the 2nd time around.
Chris

Edited on 09/17/2009 at 11:00:56 AM PST

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Sep 25, 09 7:57 PM
Much better than the other 2 Hide and Secrets, which were insanely easy. 'Course I like anything where I get to wander around, and combining that with a HOG is genius. Then toss in mini-games too? Not bad guys.

[Post New]by karadactyl on Oct 8, 09 8:36 PM
I was extremely disappointed in the graphics on this game. I only played about 5 minutes of the demo and gave up. I think maybe I'm spoiled though... I just got done playing Drawn.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 26, 10 11:52 AM
This was a very enjoyable game. We liked moving from screen to screen to find the right places for the objects. Graphics were very good and by picking up a certain object that added to the number of hints available gave us plenty of help if needed. We liked the fact that the game was untimed, relaxing, but had enough good content to keep us interested. A definite plus!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 13, 10 7:38 AM
Just finished this game and really enjoyed it. Definitely my kind of game -adventure/hidden objects/puzzles. Nice clear graphics and true adventure which makes you have to think about what you have to do and where to go. I'd give this game a definite thumbs up and hope they have another one in the works.

Some hidden objects were tiny and hard to find but no big problem. You can gather plenty of extra hints by gathering small pyramids along the way. There is no penalty for random clicking either (if you choose to do so). Didn't time how long it took me to finish but it is defintely not a short game. Played it over the course of several, very enjoyable days. I didn't need a walkthrough either although, at times, I was really stumped. Logic, patience and perserverance pays off in the end!

AZsam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AZsam on May 9, 10 12:58 PM
[i
Hi all, am new at this but do love this game and aslso Sarah Maribu. Have a question what does FROG stand for? I do know the HOG and IHOG, but, this has me stumped.,

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 29, 11 7:07 PM
This could have been a really fun game, but the developers fell drastically short on the graphics which were simply awful. Some objects were not so "cleverly" hidden as "maliciously" hidden..at least that is the effect given. The other problem is the lack of direction. Initially I could not figure out how to navigate the game and was about to cash it in early when I finally discovered that panning the cursor over the screen prompts directional arrows, and yes I managed to find the propeller and open the Rosetta stone chest, but that was about it. After that it seemed that all my directional choices ended with a character requesting help, but none of the locations contained any items (except for the propeller and Rosetta stone) needed to solve the other locations's puzzles in order to progress. Clear as mud eh? Which is too bad as a lot of the mini-puzzles were fun and relaxing, even if a little on the simple side. It also looks like the game will be a decent length with all those mini quests and multiple world locations to go to, but the game is just too fussy (walkthrough or no walkthrough) to bother with.

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Aug 29, 11 10:47 PM
I love this game. It is very different from the prior two, so don't base your opinion of trying this game on those. RTR is my all time favorite game and this is in my top ten. It's advertising is deceiving.

Please give it a try. I am hoping there will be another game of this type.

I've got nothing bad to say about this at all.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 1, 11 1:34 AM
I bought this game at the COW price because I needed one more for a punch card--I won'tt say which one. I was initially repelled by the garish, primitive graphics. After I got into it, though, I found myself enjoying it immensely. Lots to do and places to go.

Wayner33
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Wayner33 on Sep 2, 11 9:43 AM
I found the game quite short and simple, but enjoyable anyway. Lot of chasing back & forth.
The graphics leave much to be desired. The jigsaw puzzles were quite childish. It was worth the $2.99, but not more than that.

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Sep 4, 11 6:55 AM
This was a really fun game with a very good game length. (I never use a walkthrough and I would imagine people who do use a walkthrough won't have an accurate accounting of game length.)

I always enjoy the back and forth and figuring out where to put items as that draws me into the game and story.

I strongly suggest buying this game whether for the DD or otherwise. It's really a good game.

Go to: