Redrum

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

Re:Redrum

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Oct 30, 08 7:09 PM
Different strokes for different folks is what I say...again, there is a warning about the graphic nature of the game right on the download page. If someone is not into this sort of game then they don't have to download it. It's BF's choice to distribute it and it's our choice as consumers to either buy it or not.

solara
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by solara on Oct 30, 08 7:18 PM
dtouchton wrote:It's not dark. Good grief! IF you don't like it, don't play it! I actually like the game. Not every game is for everybody. We're not sheep!

Let's see if enough people whine about if BFG takes it off their site. I HOPE NOT!

I do not think any of us are whining, but giving our opinion. I did look up the difinition of dark and it does fit . Anyone that likes the game I am glad for you and hope that you do enjoy it. I tried it, I didn't like it but that does not mean I want to remove it from their site. Happy gaming

mildrod
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mildrod on Oct 30, 08 7:54 PM
sillyfeet wrote:Different strokes for different folks is what I say...again, there is a warning about the graphic nature of the game right on the download page. If someone is not into this sort of game then they don't have to download it. It's BF's choice to distribute it and it's our choice as consumers to either buy it or not.

I hear you sillyfeet, as I stated in my post, I was visiting my sister and played the game with her, which she had bought from BF. It's not something that I would download on my system. I am a member of BF and chose not to download the game after the warning.
Have a lot of BF games on my system, always watch the video,totally trust their judgment on games, but so glad I didn't get this one! It was very disturbing to me, from what I was reading from the story line, and playing the game with her.
Really wish BF would take this game off their web site, because it doesn't speak well for BF, which is far above this type of garbage, for a game.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Oct 30, 08 8:34 PM
well mildrod, I respect your opinion of this game but the fact is we live in a free market economy where companies are free to offer their products and we as consumers are free to buy them or not. There is no reason why BF should have to remove this game from their catalog because some people object to it; those people can choose not to buy it. As for the argument that children shouldn't be exposed to this stuff...it clearly states this is not a game for children, the screenshots they show are nothing terribly bad and parents can and should monitor their children's online activity and purchases so that children can't buy a game rated for mature audiences.

Edited on 10/30/2008 at 8:35:25 PM PST

mildrod
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mildrod on Oct 30, 08 9:08 PM
sillyfeet wrote:well mildrod, I respect your opinion of this game but the fact is we live in a free market economy where companies are free to offer their products and we as consumers are free to buy them or not. There is no reason why BF should have to remove this game from their catalog because some people object to it; those people can choose not to buy it. As for the argument that children shouldn't be exposed to this stuff...it clearly states this is not a game for children, the screenshots they show are nothing terribly bad and parents can and should monitor their children's online activity and purchases so that children can't buy a game rated for mature audiences.

mildrod
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mildrod on Oct 30, 08 9:26 PM
mildrod wrote:
sillyfeet wrote:well mildrod, I respect your opinion of this game but the fact is we live in a free market economy where companies are free to offer their products and we as consumers are free to buy them or not. There is no reason why BF should have to remove this game from their catalog because some people object to it; those people can choose not to buy it. As for the argument that children shouldn't be exposed to this stuff...it clearly states this is not a game for children, the screenshots they show are nothing terribly bad and parents can and should monitor their children's online activity and purchases so that children can't buy a game rated for mature audiences.

sillyfeet, I know we live in a free marked society. Wheather or not BF decides to remove this program or not, is totally up to them, my point was that BF is way above this kind of game!

[Post New]by LGizmoQueen_1 on Oct 30, 08 9:39 PM
Good evening. Has anyone out there gotten the newest hidden object game? I have and I have played several levels so far. At the end of each level I get 'MDM Zinc v2 Error Handler errors. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but I still keep getting it. It gives me the option of debugging. I figured why not, maybe it will help, although I don't really know how to perform the debugging process. The game doesn't seem to store my name. I most likely will have to re-enter it again. Last night after I first played it, I thought I could pick up where I left off the next time that I played it. WRONG!!!! I had to start from the beginning again. If anyone out there has any suggestions please send them my way/

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 30, 08 9:45 PM
LGizmoQueen, welcome to the forums. I'll start with a silly question. Are you exiting the game before you quit? It has a clumsy exit and I just closed the game the first time and it didn't save anything. When I started the 2nd time, I found out how to exit.
...If you are exiting through Pause and the book (twice), then I'd recommend you contact Tech Support. Good Luck.

[Post New]by LGizmoQueen_1 on Oct 30, 08 9:54 PM
yeah, I found out how to exit just by accident. I already sent tech. support info about the MDM Zinc v2 error handler errors. waiting for response from them.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 30, 08 10:39 PM
Well, I'm downloading now... We'll see how it is. Looks interesting, and timely for Halloween!

Dark??? Maybe so, but Ravenhearst was dark. Madame Fate was dark. I'll bet Return to Ravenhearst will be dark as well. Those are two of the best HOs ever! Love them both! Ravenhearst really creeped me out at the end!

I don't think there is anything wrong with Big Fish offering some games intended for mature players. I don't think it is "beneath" them. They have a lot of different kinds of gamers, and have to try to satisfy us all. I absolutely LOATHE time-management games! I mean, I really HATE them. But no way would I suggest that BFG take them off the rack.

Games are fantasy. Some fantasy is dark. Some of us like dark fantasy. Like Harry Potter, the darker they got, the better they were! I don't like movies with a lot of gratuitous violence (Saw, etc.), but the psychological horror movies are cool. "The Haunting" made back in the 60s was one of the scariest movies I ever saw, but it didn't actually have a lot of violence.

Iffn you don't like it, don't download it. But don't suggest that it should be removed. Like TV, it has an off switch, LOL. At least BFG gives us a preview before we buy it!

[Post New]by spikegirl14 on Oct 31, 08 3:33 AM
I enjoyed the game so much i used a game credit after the trail but then it didnt last that long and it was all over in the flash i am quite unhappy with it because of that i do like games that are worth your money but this one i feel was waste of time and money i am very disappointed

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 31, 08 5:03 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:Poodlebear, I think dtouchton doesn't want any more games to take them over the allocation for the mug.

Doh! Oh, I see, my bad.

Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Owlish on Oct 31, 08 6:08 AM
I liked the demo and i know i have purchased many games, and then was disappointed after i got into them. Because they were too hard to finish, too short or what ever. But the facts are that's life, just because you buy something doesn't mean you will always be happy with it, when you get it home and try it. I still purchase games, and i still take my chances. And feel i have very little right to complain or want it removed because of my opinion of it.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Oct 31, 08 6:17 AM
Good morning! could anyone tell me about the lengh of this game. If I can finish it in an hour, I can't see myself buying it. Thanks

[Post New]by Greenleafer on Oct 31, 08 6:55 AM
I can't even open the game-I downloaded the trial and then it says the game has discovered a problem and has to close.As I am on a limited budget,can't afford to buy the game.Still wanted to try it though

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Oct 31, 08 6:55 AM
I like this game! Yes it's dark and creepy and is a subject matter that some are uncomfortable with. But for a person like me that deals with the Other Side - light and dark - this game rocks!

Sure it might be on the short side but I no longer sit for hours playing one game. I break the play up over day's and that takes care of any monotonous feelings or boredom with the game. Besides, for the price... it's a bargain over other forms of entertainment on a Halloween night. Certainly cheaper than my bar tab if I went out to a party.

The release of it here at BFG for Halloween was perfect. Smart marketing, once again.

And I now have my final game in the Oktoberfest Promotion.

*swims off to PayPal last of games*

[Post New]by Greenleafer on Oct 31, 08 6:59 AM
Still wondering why I can't play the trial version-Does anyone know?

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Oct 31, 08 7:10 AM
no but I've had problems and not with the game since I downloaded it spooky but

Edited on 10/31/2008 at 7:11:07 AM PST

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 31, 08 9:14 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Redrum ™.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by LGizmoQueen_1 on Oct 31, 08 6:39 PM
No, I don' think it is appropriate for kids. Maybe teens but not younger. Tooooooooo!!! morbid.

Go to: