Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

Re:I Spy: Fun House comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 1, 09 10:50 PM
nancymc wrote:Went and bought the game, finished the ticket stuff except for the horses rear-end, haunches---since I live on a horse ranch you would think I would be able to find it--the leg, hip and all that stuff.. used the hint, still can't find it---I have worn my mouse out clicking on every thing on the right side---ha,ha of course.. PLUS even with this ticket I'll only have 10 tickets---gone threw the game several times and have not found the 11 one---guess I'll wait for Margos--walk-through..This game is on the tricky side--you-all Nancy

Did you try the gumball machine? I missed that one the first time around. It is in the second section where the car and trailer are.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 1, 09 10:51 PM
Patty60 wrote:
reneesenn wrote:The game has a lag for me as well. I still can not find the "face without a nose" in the trailer. This game seems to have no story line which gives me no desire to buy it and finish it. Maybe people with kids will love it.

It's a clock somewhere in the middle of the frame.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 2, 09 1:48 AM
thanks for the hint about the gumball machine..i missed that, will beable to carry on now x x x

pinkhope38
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by pinkhope38 on Sep 2, 09 10:30 AM
I spent 10 minutes clicking through screens trying to find the 11th game too, until I just happened to move my cursor over the gumball machine. I got all 11 tickets and played in the funhouse for a while before the hour was up. Yeah this is Scholastic and based on a series of kids books, but I found it pretty challenging at times, actually needed my daughter's help to find some items. I like the I Spy series because you really have to look and it gives you clues instead of just telling you exactly what to find. It was way too short, is there anything else to do after you get to the funhouse or do you just play there endlessly? If you replay does it give you different things to find? That's the only way I would even consider buying it, and then only because my daughter enjoyed playing it with me so much.

[Post New]by kittyfeet on Sep 2, 09 11:50 PM
I just wanted to Thank all of you, for saving an hour of my life.

[Post New]by luckydiamond57 on Sep 3, 09 3:07 PM
I liked the game I like how the objects perform when found. I would like to know how long it is before I buy. I don't like to look at walkthroughs unless I am pulling my hair out looking for things. I think I will buy if it is long enough.

happy gaming

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 3, 09 11:58 PM
I enjoyed the demo enough to put it on the wishlist (up there near the top), but I too would like to know about the replay value...it reminds me so much of the books, which I really enjoy.

Edited on 09/03/2009 at 11:59:09 PM PST

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Sep 4, 09 10:40 AM
Hi all,

Just a reminder that this thread is just for reviews only. If you are stuck in a particular part of a game or need technical assistance, please keep these discussions to another thread (either a new one or an existing one) or contact our Customer Support via the envelope on the right. We want to be sure that everybody that may take an interest in this game has an opportunity to read more about the game itself.

Thanks!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Charkbite
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Charkbite on Sep 4, 09 2:08 PM
Definitely for little ones - I think I might've like it better had there been an Options option [haha], the voice was killing me! The whole theme is cutesie, which, like I already said, is great for little critters. If I had kids I would get it for them, but it's not for me, although I do like the I Spy books.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 4, 09 5:19 PM
Let me answer my own question re replay value : I skimmed through the Walk through and according to that, you go through the entire set 3 times, with different objects to look for everytime, and the Funhouse activities change too. So between 3 and 4 hours orf play...I can life with that!

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 5, 09 10:38 AM
I first found the I Spy series of games after playing MCF and nothing else was really coming out. I liked the I Spy games even though graphically and sound wise they seem geared to young children. At first I didn't like the no hints feature but now actually like this feature. I will be buying this one.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Sep 6, 09 1:11 AM
Normally I really enjoy hidden object games. However, I agree this game is frustrating with no hints and the things you find do not go away. The voice is also annoying. This is more of a kids game, but I don't think they would have the patience to sit through it for long.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Sep 6, 09 1:18 AM
I've played this game for the 1 hour trial, it is just a question of I Spy!! Although I found it extremely annoying at times that there was no hints, as it has been mentioned previously, when you click on the ? for help, it just repeats what you have to do. However I did manage to locate all of the golden tickets and entered the 'fun house'. This was not that 'fun'.
I would say that this game would be ideal for kids, although they may get extremely frustrated at not being able to progress until they have found all the objects. My 8 year old son enjoyed trying to find some of the objects with me, but then gave up when it got difficult.
Definately would not buy this game.

Helentn
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Helentn on Sep 6, 09 1:30 PM
This is one of the worst games Big Fish has had in a long time! There are no hints...I finally got enough tickets to get into the fun house...then have 2 horrible puzzles to solve before I can go further in the game. I have solved at least 6 of the block puzzles and they must be endless. The balls puzzle --have never been good at those and only 50 seconds. I am going to delete the game. Very diappointing!

[Post New]by manuarastar on Sep 6, 09 11:24 PM
I am sixty years old and I love the game. At first, I was frustrated because there were no hints to be found.

Most of us are lazy and do not like challenges. I-Spy forces you to search and that is why the critic is bad. I have not found all the hidden objects yet, but I keep trying and discover the true adventurer (seeker) in me.

Those who claim that the game is for kids are wrong, very wrong. Yes the girl's voice sounds like a fifth-grader, but many times fifth-grader's surpass their elders in knowledge.

This game forces every one to become better.

Enjoy!

Manuarastar

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 7, 09 3:57 PM
Helentn wrote:This is one of the worst games Big Fish has had in a long time! There are no hints...I finally got enough tickets to get into the fun house...then have 2 horrible puzzles to solve before I can go further in the game. I have solved at least 6 of the block puzzles and they must be endless. The balls puzzle --have never been good at those and only 50 seconds. I am going to delete the game. Very diappointing!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 7, 09 4:02 PM
Helentn wrote:This is one of the worst games Big Fish has had in a long time! There are no hints...I finally got enough tickets to get into the fun house...then have 2 horrible puzzles to solve before I can go further in the game. I have solved at least 6 of the block puzzles and they must be endless. The balls puzzle --have never been good at those and only 50 seconds. I am going to delete the game. Very diappointing![/quote
I thought the same thing you did about the fun house puzzles, but you don't have to solve them to continue. Once your reach the fun house, you go back to all of the other scenes for new objects to find and get 11 more tickets to unlock two more doors in the fun house and then do it for a third time.]

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Sep 12, 09 3:35 PM
Have to tell BF how much I am enjoying this - at 62 years old. I remember liking the previous ones also. The scenes are not dark, objects are correctly named (except for being riddles of course), plain English, fun animation, etc.

As others have explained, only part of the Fun House is available the first time. You go play the 11 locations again with different things to find, then more will be available.

I can never find everything the first time I look at a location. But I keep going back. I am about halfway through the second time now, and haven't had to look at the walkthrough yet - but it is good to know it is there.

hfaix
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by hfaix on Sep 13, 09 11:49 PM
lisa4862 wrote:I never keep the sound on so the voice isn't bothering me! I also wish there were hints available, but otherwise, it's a cute game.

Can anyone tell me where the dot to dot star is please...it's in the clown's dressing room scene.(numbered umberella)

Thanks.

[Post New]by neiceymoo on Sep 18, 09 5:38 PM
Some of the I Spy Fun House gamers must be new to I Spy otherwise would know this isn't targeted for adults. Isn't anyone familiar with the I Spy books from Scholastic -- probably the 1st in hidden object FUN?!

Anyways I knew what I was getting into and enjoyed everything - as I always have with the I Spy books. The photography is awesome and I enjoy the 'art' aspect of it all. I enjoyed the younger sounding female voice and the animation. There isn't supposed to be a story - basically the picture is the story. Again, this isn't an adult game but definitely a great game to play with younger children.

However, I wasn't able to complete the game because the Whirl-A-Swirl would never activate for me and meant I couldn't get the 11th ticket. I hope that it works on my next attempt to play.

Thanks,
NeiceyMoo

Go to: