reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Beautiful

[Post New]by reneesenn on Sep 4, 09 12:32 PM
Just finished the game and I love it. It has wonderful graphics, an engaging story which compels you through the game (I dislike games with no rhyme or reason). I hope this becomes a series. I doubt the replay value is great, but I could go through a few times just to see the stunning scenery again.

Big Thumbs Up for Drawn: The Painted Tower

[Post New]by smokeyjobe on Sep 4, 09 1:10 PM
Just finished this fabulous new game! Beautiful graphics - very easy to be drawn (geddit? ) into the story. The hint option works well and if you aren't TOO impatient, shouldn't be needed excessively. As mentioned by a couple of other fishies, the short loading times between some floors of the tower do get a little tiresome but later in the game it occurs less and less (or I just didn't notice them later - I can't be sure...), so it doesn't spoil the gameplay at all.

The conclusion bodes well for a continuation which I look forward to impatiently!

Kudos to Bigfish for bringing this game onboard - an excellent choice! out of 5

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Sep 4, 09 1:15 PM
Wonderful game downloaded and bought it last night and then played until 4:00 a.m. Didn't finish it but looking forward to playing more today! Fabulous Great game Big Fish gave us fishies! The graphics are great, story is good! Everything about this game is a winner in my book! Thanks Big Fish you have done it again!

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 4, 09 1:21 PM
General: An adventure game with a real storyline and a rhyme and reason to everything you are doing. Untimed.
Graphics: Simply outstanding. The best out there by far.
Sound: Wonderful. Not too overpowering; just very nice to listen to.
Puzzles: This encompasses the whole game, since being an adventure game the whole game is one big giant puzzle. I found it to be on the medium end of the difficulty range. Maybe a bit harder for those who are not used to "puzzling out" adventure games. The puzzles are doable but take some thinking for sure and a good bit of firing up those synapses, but are not too hard as to cause one to quit the game in frustration. A lot of backtracking is required to revisit scenes over and over again for more inventory items. A sharp eye is also necessary as revisiting those scenes reveals subtle changes in the scenes that will help you to advance.
Hint System: Excellent and unique. It is a "progressive" system in that there are 2 or more "phases" of hints for each objective on your list. The first time you use a hint on an objective it will give you a clue (such as "look by the fireplace") and will also tell you how many hints you have left for that objective (example: hint 1 out of 3). I give a to this system...I am not one who likes a game to pinpoint the exact location of something, but would rather it just nudge me in the right direction. This system does just that.
Length/replayability: I don't know about length. I haven't finished it yet. But I am guessing it to be a decent length, depending on how often you use hints and how long you spend puzzling over the puzzles. LOL. Replayability is probably on the low end, since once you've done the game it's going to be the same the second time around. But if you give yourself a bit to "forget" what you've done it would probably be just as enjoyable the second and maybe even third time around. I can definitely see myself playing this game more than once.
Overall Impression: . A definite buy for me (lol...I already did buy it) but everyone should give it a look even if Adventure games aren't your thing. I am a dedicated HOG player and I found this game to be enjoyable and I am already itching for more like it. I am confident that most people will find something to like about this game (unless you detest Adventure games. In that case I wouldn't recommend it).

Happy gaming all.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 1:23:38 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Sep 4, 09 1:24 PM
I just played the trial and had 10 minutes left to go when I had the same experience as Bruce H. I was taken to the checkout to purchase the game. I'm not ready to purchase it, yet. That is the first time such a thing has happened to me. Otherwise, yes, I do like the game. The graphics are BEAUTIFUL and, so far, I am able to play the game, with the help of hints, that is. It does appear to be a great game!!

Lorifish
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Lorifish on Sep 4, 09 1:35 PM
I just finished the game. All I can say is WOW! Stunning. I was drawn from the beginning.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower farm painting

[Post New]by jdelbove on Sep 4, 09 1:40 PM
Hi All........Can anyone tell please me where the two pieces of net are that I need to catch the blue butterfly, dragonfly and bee?

Thanks......JoAnne

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 1:45 PM
jdelbove, welcome to the Fish Pond. In the Garden with the scarecrow. As you give him the items he requests, he gives you items ... these are two of them.
Happy Gaming!!

PS -- this thread is for comments and reviews only. Please post game questions in the other folders for that chapter. thanks.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 1:47:20 PM PST

Wow. Now they're just showing off.

[Post New]by mattcb on Sep 4, 09 2:19 PM
Dear BFG:

This is your masterpiece. I have only played the demo so far, but it's quite clear to me that you went for broke with this project. The sound, graphics, gameplay, and art are all as good as it gets. How fantastic to see such an original game, one that doesn't just mimic all the others, but actually breaks new ground for casual fans.

Seriously, you have outdone yourselves. Return to Ravencrest is the best casual game I'd played up until now, but I have feeling Drawn is about to take over the top spot. And I'm already hoping for a sequel!

, without a doubt.

Wow.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 4, 09 2:23 PM
I'm sure there are other that feel this way, though for me it's the exact opposite, actually. A mediocre game with a good story line and cut scenes will make me buy the game. On a super game like this it absolutely starts the game in a way I love. Conversely if a good game has excellent game play mechanics but no story to speak of it's hard for me to love it. We are all different beings with different tastes. I would think that, since Adventure Games rely heavily on storyline, that this would be better appreciated in this genre than others (like TM and Hidden Object) but no doubt some were out there grumbling not being able to skip the cut scenes. I wasn't among them.

jojo170968 wrote:I have just downloaded the hour trial of this game and it looks promising, just the kind of game that i love strategy, puzzles, great graphics etc.....but what is with the prolonged dialogue and whimsical images of a "lost girl" (all been done before) this is just a waste of time. I truly hate the way these games try to be all deep and emotional thinking that they pull gamers in to care about the storyline and think that we read every single word. Surely there should be the option to skip all this boring stuff, i know that this is the case on a lot of the games i have downloaded and bought. This really puts me off a game, does anyone else think this?

JoJo

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Sep 4, 09 2:36 PM
not surprisingly I agree with poodlebear - But, it should be a surprise. Because this is usually one of the things we do not have the same feelings about. I normally do not care about the dialogue (particularly when the spelling and grammar suck) and I quite often play with no sound, and I quite often hit the skip button on storyline.
HOWEVER, in this instance, It is fantastic! More than we pay for at 6.99 - BF studios have really given us a visual and audio treasure - not even counting the game. During my walk today, I was telling my hubby exactly this. Although this is not normally important to me, storyline, this is a beautiful game!

greeny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by greeny1 on Sep 4, 09 2:58 PM
absolute stunner of a game, beautiful graphics throughout, downloaded it after the first five minutes of the demo, i,m really going to enjoy playing this game again and again, the storyline is fantastic, all the levels of the tower are a joy to look at and you really feel part of the game as you play it, well done to the developers of this game and i hope there is many more games like this to come, 10/10 from me

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Sep 4, 09 3:02 PM
Wow! What a brilliant game. Have only played some of the demo so far, just having a break to buy and download full version.I wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight........

pooters8
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by pooters8 on Sep 4, 09 3:14 PM
Can't beat these reviews. Tried the demo, liked it, but typically base my purchase on what the pond has to say. That's all the encouragement I needed. Thanks all. I am buying right now.

[Post New]by IHOPKCMan41 on Sep 4, 09 3:21 PM
Sorry guys if I have to be a downer. This is a beautiful game with good voice acting, good story line etc. but I think it gets way too heavily into magic and the occult. That's too bad for me I guess!

[Post New]by ddiemetric on Sep 4, 09 3:51 PM
Exceptional little game! I just finished it and I was enthralled from beginning to end. Excellent graphics, non-taxing, but interesting puzzles, intriguing story. I usually find the stories in casual games so insipid or such a bore that I click through them. Not with this game. And the narrator was exceptional. I've never said that about any game. Of course, being a casual game it was shorter than I would like. But that's how casual games are, and I accept it. Five ! Five ! I can't wait for the sequel!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 4, 09 3:52 PM
I normally only play and buy Hidden Object games. I have been trying Adventure games lately, starting with Dream Chronicles. That is what this game reminds me of. I love it LOT'S!!! I would recommend it to anyone out there that only likes **** games, it is well worth the purchase price. You will not be disappointed, I promise. Thank you Big Fish, you rock.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 4, 09 3:55 PM
Loving it so far, but I do have one problem with it. When I get stuck and use the hint it comes back with a step I've already figured out and completed. Then I have to sit and wait for the hint to fill up. I click and get a second step I've already done on my own. More waiting until I can finally get the last hint which was the only one I really needed. I do like the game, but this seems to be a serious flaw in an otherwise great game. I understand the hint will take even longer to fill up as you go higher. It really impacts the flow of the game and I wish the producers would consider fixing it.

By the time they do I'll probably be finished and won't need the hints anymore. This one point will keep me from giving it five stars.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Sep 4, 09 3:59 PM
Loving it so far!

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Sep 4, 09 4:00 PM
That's me, I love the game! Just played the demo and yes, a little odd to have it automatically tossed in your shopping cart.

But I'm sure I'll be buying it anyway. Great graphics, story, music, challenging but not impossible.
This game is terrific!

Go to: