nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter Two - The Window

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 14, 09 6:15 PM
TEDYBEARLU wrote:Drawn: The Painted Tower
by TEDYBEARLU on Sep 14, 09 3:59 PM
I need anyone's help that is willing to answer my questions. I am on the 2nd chapter and I am trying to find the beads in the Witch's painting. Can anyone give me a hint or two?

Thank you.

I actually bought the game and I still need assistance with finishing the painting. Any help would be greatful!! Thank you.

You need to click all around looking for things you can pick up. If you see sparkles it means you can interact. For instance if you find a hammer, you could break some things. That might reveal some other things.

[Post New]by crazycarl on Sep 15, 09 6:30 PM
I have all but one piece of the glass window. the hints tell me the last one is at the base of the pillar, however i can't find it. the hints also say that the sand from the painting is covering something. i tried the shovel but it doesn't work. i tried everything in my inventory with no luck. i went back down stairs and looked for more items to pick up with luck. i'm stuck...

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 15, 09 8:16 PM
Did you get the one from the carving of Iris at the very top of the stairs? She is holding it in her hand.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 15, 09 9:32 PM
The shovel won't work because the game hasn't told you where to dig yet. It won't tell you that until you finish the window glass.

[Post New]by crazycarl on Sep 17, 09 12:02 PM
yes, i did get the glass from iris at the door. the hints tell me the last one is in a room of stairs at the base of a pillar. there's a card on the pillar with an arrow pionting downward and to the right. i've tried to remove the card to no avail.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 17, 09 9:41 PM
crazycarl wrote:yes, i did get the glass from iris at the door. the hints tell me the last one is in a room of stairs at the base of a pillar. there's a card on the pillar with an arrow pionting downward and to the right. i've tried to remove the card to no avail.

crazycarl, welcome to the Fish Pond. There are 6 glass fragments to find. They are --

1 in Iris's hands
1 behind the tile inside the witch dr painting
4 in the stairway --
....... on wall
....... hanging
....... on bottom step
....... to right of bottom step on the pillar

Hope this helps. Good Luck

[Post New]by crazycarl on Sep 19, 09 1:44 PM
the hint is telling me shard #5 is to the left of the base of the pillar that holds the flickering candle. i already have the candle in inventory, but i can't find this last shard.
no matter what i try, nothing works. i think i'll delete the game and try something else.

this is not fun or challenging at all, just frustrating.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 20, 09 2:14 PM
crazycarl wrote:the hint is telling me shard #5 is to the left of the base of the pillar that holds the flickering candle. i already have the candle in inventory, but i can't find this last shard.
no matter what i try, nothing works. i think i'll delete the game and try something else.

this is not fun or challenging at all, just frustrating.

How about giving it one more try. I just replayed that part and the shard on the pillar is difficult to see. If you look at the pillar that is holding the candle you will see that the base has three ledges. The shard lies on the corner of the bottom ledge. It is lined up so exactly on that corner that it appears to be just light shining there.

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Sep 22, 09 12:35 PM
I bought the game today after reaching the end of the demo period. I tried to play, & as soon as I clicked on the picture of the witch doctor, it played the end of demo cut scene (again) & kicked me out to the BFG site to purchase, but it said I'd already purchased the game. Tried again under a new profile, got to the same spot again, & same thing happened. Have just tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Hopefully this time I can get past that point!

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Sep 22, 09 3:06 PM
Okay, that seems to have worked!

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 3, 09 3:25 PM
No one else seems to have had this problem and I am stuck. I am outside of the tree and trying to make the clouds turn white. I have outlined them in chalk over and over and they don't turn white. This isn't a puzzle so I can't bypass it. Appreciate some help

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 4, 09 1:21 PM
You have to start tracing at the beginning of the arrow and go in the direction of the arrow. Do not turn loose of the mouse until you are all the way back to the beginning and have completely closed the outline.

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 5, 09 6:58 PM
Thanks nwl. Finally got the clouds and now I am working on the sun.

[Post New]by mazzystardust on Oct 19, 09 10:42 AM
I'm a bit stuck! Where is the heart i have to put in Iris?

mazzy!

Ps a great game

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 20, 09 6:05 AM
The witch Dr. will give you the heart after yougive him the ingredients for the potion.

[Post New]by cwfahey on Nov 2, 09 3:25 PM
All,
I finally managed to get the "down arrow" cursor to work after several attempts.
Unfortunately, once the bell crashes thru the walkway and your cursor doesn't work, you're stuck.
I created a new profile and played thru to this point again. After taking the needle and thread, the door opens and you are facing the walkway. DON'T click on the walkway. Click once on the top of the door at the top of walkway and then don't move your mouse!! The bell should come crashing down and then the game should quickly jump to a narrative from the old stone man. The cursor works after the narrative is over.
This worked for me........maybe it will work for others?

[Post New]by mlereu on Dec 8, 09 1:09 PM
Hello,
I'm not sur if i'm in the right chapter.. but I'm at the big tree painting. I need to draw the clouds to make the rain. I have the chalk and I drew two of the three clounds but I can't make the third cloud come up. I draw it but it doesn't stay. Its the one on the left by itself. Is this a glitch or am I missing something? Can anyone help

Bah!! I tried it again for the millionth time, and I got it to work! Tricky devil!

Edited on 12/08/2009 at 1:18:46 PM PST

The Broken Walkway

[Post New]by sophiliet on Dec 28, 09 7:16 PM
cookeemama wrote:After putting the heart in Iris's image and opening the door, I clicked on the walkway and it broke. Which I figured it was supposed to. However, I can't get out of the scene. There are no arrows showing up anywhere. I assume it should be a down arrow as there really is no where else to go in that scene. Getting across isn't an option right now.

I closed the game and re-opened it, but I'm still stuck at the walkway. The walkthrough said to click down 4 times but that doesn't work either.

Help Please

I am stuck too =( im really confused!! maybe it's a glitch...

[Post New]by kuoala on Jan 18, 10 10:06 AM
cesse47 wrote:bolt, where are you stuck and what do you have in inventory? I'll try to help.

Or, you can check out the walkthrough....There is a link to it in one of the stickied threads at the top of the game forum.

[Post New]by kuoala on Jan 18, 10 10:10 AM
nwl43 wrote:
TEDYBEARLU wrote:Drawn: The Painted Tower
by TEDYBEARLU on Sep 14, 09 3:59 PM
I need anyone's help that is willing to answer my questions. I am on the 2nd chapter and I am trying to find the beads in the Witch's painting. Can anyone give me a hint or two?

Thank you.

I actually bought the game and I still need assistance with finishing the painting. Any help would be greatful!! Thank you.

You need to click all around looking for things you can pick up. If you see sparkles it means you can interact. For instance if you find a hammer, you could break some things. That might reveal some other things.

Go to: