BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Farm Frenzy 3 Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 13, 09 1:34 AM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
9 Bamboo sticks out of 10
This game is more than time management, it's loads of fun. I love the whole look and feel of the game. The interface is fast and intuitive. Even though you are on a clock it feels strangely relaxing. It could be the whole egg laying thing

Kacey_2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey_2 on Oct 13, 09 4:36 AM
jennyj27 wrote:My game also moves real slow.Sometimes it will go to normal speed, but it just took over 10 minutes to play a 3 minute round. Anyway to fix this?

Kacey_2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey_2 on Oct 13, 09 4:37 AM
Mine is doing the same thing and it drives me nuts. Sluggish all over the place and I find it especially true when the lions show up.

[Post New]by dare2defy on Oct 15, 09 3:40 PM
could someone please make something for the mac users? I love these games but I can't play... most of the mac games here are not good either.
I wish there were as many games for mac as for pc.

ivy05
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ivy05 on Oct 18, 09 10:58 AM
So glad I found this topic. I bought the game "untrialed" because I LOVE all the Farm Frenzy games. I was so disappointed because I had the same issues with slow downs when attacked or purchasing new animals. Just playing in the Windowed options solved all my problems!! THANKS !!!!

[Post New]by littegoldfish on Oct 27, 09 9:33 PM
I love all the Farm Frenzy games and this one was great as well. I found it a bit confusing at first when I couldn't progress on a level and then had to take guesses as to what I needed to upgrade in order to proceed, no hints at all, just had to use intuition. Other than that, had a great time.

[Post New]by MargieYakubovich on Oct 31, 09 7:57 AM
I also find this game moves at a slow pace. The chickens take too long to lay eggs.
There should have been an option in the game to upgrade the chickens and make them lay eggs faster!!!
It's also frustrating that you have to pay for a faster moving deliver truck. I was thinking if I had to pay for it at the store then it should automatically be available when I go to play. Instead I have to earn $250 first.

This is what is keeping me from getting a gold.

[Post New]by Just_1_more_puzl on Dec 1, 09 11:25 PM
jennyj27 wrote:My game also moves real slow.Sometimes it will go to normal speed, but it just took over 10 minutes to play a 3 minute round. Anyway to fix this?

To you and others like you Jen, try this: dump cookies , temps, etc files on your computer and do a defrag, When my game has this issue, I do that and it helps bunches at keeping the speed up.

Let me know how it works for you.

ps if you dont know how send me a message and I will try to help you as best as I can.

pps if you can try playing in windows mode.

Edited on 12/01/2009 at 11:28:30 PM PST

jenniebugs
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by jenniebugs on Dec 28, 09 7:05 AM
I have just bought this game for the first time BUT - I have bought everything in level 1 and also accumulated over 1,400,000 using my buffalo to bring in the money. At what stage can I go on to the next level? Do I have to keep going on and on pumping water and sending horns off to market until I reach 2million perhaps? Also if I have tried going to the next level on the map I cant play it - when I go back to my original first level - I HAVE LOST ALL MY MONEY! Please can someone help me get past this.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jan 1, 10 6:17 PM
I'm a little confused looking over some of the comments made about this game. Some of the things described, I've not experienced at all ... such as not knowing what is needed upgrade-wise to proceed to the next level or not being able to progress to level two. All of these things are clearly marked for me. Almost makes me feel like we are playing two different games. *Shrug*

This game is really a lot of fun and judging how I have been playing for the last 4 hours or so and still not even finished with level 2 maps, I would say this game will last me a long time. It looks as if there are probably 5 level of maps total. The game is fun and while it isn't that difficult to finish a round, it is difficult to automatically achieve gold or even silver on many of them. This is because you really have to have a good strategy in mind for achieving exactly what goals have been laid out for you and focus only on those. That is harder said than done as you often have all buildings and options available in a round. Plus, you're collecting and processing at such a pace you never really have time to think, wait can I get rid of this animal yet or stop producing this? It's really a fun, well made game. Definitely glad I purchased this one.

One thing I really am soooo glad they added to this version after Pizza Party was that if you hover over a building you can clearly see what ingredients are needed to make what. That you didn't have that info half the time made Pizza Party MUCH more difficult (to a detriment). Plus, just the sheer number of ingredients, finished products, and things you can import - it can be hard to keep track of how to get them all especially when you're actually playing a level. Most of them I couldn't even remember them all even BETWEEN levels lol.

All in all, great game!

[Post New]by postal_nana on Jan 24, 10 7:35 AM
Kacey_2 wrote:Mine is doing the same thing and it drives me nuts. Sluggish all over the place and I find it especially true when the lions show up.

game is very long lasting due to freezing and exceedingly slow game play. tried all the work arounds that i know that usually fix problems, like window , update, uninstall, reinstall, compatibility mode. took 45 minutes to play a single 6 minute level. that is unacceptable. very disappointed in this game. waste of time and money. downloaded trial of american pie and it was just as bad. glad i didnt buy it too that would have really made me more angry than i already am. dont get me wrong, i love the games but so many are more of a pain in the neck than they are worth anymore. my computer is only 2 years old and yes unfortunately it is vista. but some games that are huge run perfectly such as dire grove, rtr, etc. maybe the developers need to work out some issues before releasing the games. no more buying sight unseen for me. lol.

Edited on 01/31/2010 at 5:54:53 AM PST

[Post New]by diloncra on Jan 28, 10 5:18 PM
HELP!!! I am at the 1st leval at the 2nd city and i cant figure out how to make a ball of yarn. I have upgraded every thing that has come up. Can someone please help me? I am going crazy trying to figure it out!!! Thanks.

[Post New]by postal_nana on Jan 31, 10 6:05 AM
it has now been a over a week since i played the game and it closed ok. but yesterday i decided to delete it since it plays soooooo slowly, i tried to uninstall from game manager and it WOULD NOT. it says the game is currently playing... playing where????? finally uninstalled/ deleted from the computer from programming (at least I hope) it took many trys and exceeding amounts of frustration to get rid of this game. i have been a member for years. but it seems most of the games are a big pain in the neck. with having to do so many work arounds to get them to work. the last game..i installed (million dollar) really caused lots and lots of problems . I dont think i will ever get them all fixed from this corrupted game. getting a little disappointed in the site. will probably begin looking at other game sites, this is getting to be too frustrating. I wouldn't care
if i ruined this computer ( other than having to save up for 2 or 3 years to buy another one) , but i really dont want to ruin the laptop. since the granddaughter plays on it most of the time.

[Post New]by Dzinr4Fun on May 14, 10 4:42 PM
Is anyone else having problems with everything slowing down when there is quite a lot going on? For instance when the Yaks come on the scene with the geese, everything goes into slo-mo. I've maxed out my memory, hope it's something else...

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 3, 10 4:15 PM
I have no slowdown problems at all with this game. Maybe try playing in windowed mode? I play in full screen and haven't had issues but I know that can help if you are having video memory issues. My system is Windows 7, 8 gb of RAM and 1 gb of video RAM.

[Post New]by sheltie127new on Aug 16, 10 2:12 PM
I've been a fan of the Farm Frenzy series, too. Even the 1st one with its very basic graphics was a lot of fun. It was fun to see the progression in the graphics & variety of tasks we had to perform in FF2 & Pizza Party.

I'm not as fond of this one. This may sound a little nuts, but the 'farmyard' feels a lot smaller & I feel a little claustrophobic. (Yes, I know it sounds absolutely nuts.) I have noticed that I actually hold my arms closer in like I have to fit in the yard.

Regarding the actual game play, I don't like it that the dog eats the 1st bear, or creature, then disappears. I'd like the option of catching & selling him.

I think that the designers tried to cram a little too much into the game. I've only played about 10-15 levels; I just can't seem to get into thsi version. Guess it's time to try a new type of TM game.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Mar 7, 11 4:56 PM
[b] I just did the whole game. It was hard and took a lot of time but it was fun.

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Aug 3, 11 12:10 AM
This one is not as good as pizza party, but still great.

Edited on 08/03/2011 at 12:11:21 AM PST

[Post New]by jennypockets on Jun 12, 13 3:03 AM
When is Farm Frenzy 4 coming out.. I need a new one!!!

Go to: