Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by gglz4u on Dec 12, 09 4:30 PM
So, I followed the "fix" directions and I still can't play. Please help....!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 12, 09 8:49 PM
gglz4u wrote: So, I followed the "fix" directions and I still can't play. Please help....!

Hi gg

Have pm'd you another link to try

If the prob continues post back & we'll take it from there

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 12, 09 8:57 PM
karolynw wrote:I also need the fix to play this. running vista

Hi Karolyn

Have pm'd you

Fi

[Post New]by lenny124 on Dec 13, 09 12:44 PM
I just started getting this Director Error today. I have a new pc tower with Windows 7 as the operating system. I transferred files from my old pc. Is there a fixd for this? I did play for a couple of days before this errror message started, so I know it works on Windows 7. Though my standing and all the tilesets that I had been playing were not transferred - just set up files.
thanks for any help,
lenny124

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 13, 09 3:03 PM
lenny124 wrote:I just started getting this Director Error today. I have a new pc tower with Windows 7 as the operating system. I transferred files from my old pc. Is there a fixd for this? I did play for a couple of days before this errror message started, so I know it works on Windows 7. Though my standing and all the tilesets that I had been playing were not transferred - just set up files.
thanks for any help,
lenny124

Hi Lenny

My understanding of Windows 7 is it is twin like to Vista - just easier &/or more user friendly to use -

If Windows 7 is similar to that of Vista then im assuming it stores files in 2 seperate places - if this is the case then the link i pm you should help to get to the guts of the game files - its possible the reason you only see the set up files is because yr puter is set to hide files - ?? - dont know - but it is a possibility

Try the link out & see how ya go with it -

Also - yr players position, rank etc -
Which operating system did you transfer the files from? & when it transferred did it move the files over or copy the files over? eg: were the originals left on yr other puter & are they still on it? &/or do you have a backup of yr original player folder that was on yr other puter?

The reason i ask is - we can put yr original players & tilesets back into yr game on Windows 7 so you can continue playing where you left off if the transfer only copied the files - will help ya to sort that once ya on top of the error prob - if the files are hidden on yr new puter however - then these should appear once they are unhidden

Fi

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 3:25:36 PM PST

[Post New]by tidefan1365 on Dec 15, 09 9:04 PM
UUGGGHHH! Same here.... It is kinda two-fold as well - I have a new computer running Windows 7. On my old system I was getting the codes on one user acct but not on another so I was able to continue to play. But then with this new system I went back to BFG to install the game - hopefully without the errors. No such luck, I played for a few days...then boom. Help please?? Lori

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 17, 09 12:06 AM
tidefan1365 wrote:UUGGGHHH! Same here.... It is kinda two-fold as well - I have a new computer running Windows 7. On my old system I was getting the codes on one user acct but not on another so I was able to continue to play. But then with this new system I went back to BFG to install the game - hopefully without the errors. No such luck, I played for a few days...then boom. Help please?? Lori

Hi Lori

Will pm you the link for the Vista Director error - try it & see how ya go - post back if it dosnt work - know of a couple of players running Mte on Windows 7 - can get in touch with them for any tips or tricks to running it if need be

Also - if windows is similar in 2 fold like Vista the links on page 2 of this thread may be of some help too if you havnt checked them out as yet

Fi

[Post New]by myadestes on Dec 21, 09 9:41 PM
Hi, I'm getting this director error too after only a couple days of playing. My operating system is Windows 7. Can I get the link? Thanks.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 23, 09 2:40 AM
myadestes wrote:Hi, I'm getting this director error too after only a couple days of playing. My operating system is Windows 7. Can I get the link? Thanks.

Hi myadestes - have pm'd you

[Post New]by tdmconfused on Dec 27, 09 12:23 PM
I just reinstalled the game last night. It was working fine for a few times but now I get the director error all the time. i have installed a newer version of Shockwave but nothing is working. How do you fix this.
thanks

[Post New]by tdmconfused on Dec 27, 09 1:06 PM
Spaazzaa, if you know how to fix this problem why don't you just post it here instead of sending the answer as a private message. This way people can read the post and see if it works.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 27, 09 3:24 PM
tdmconfused wrote:I just reinstalled the game last night. It was working fine for a few times but now I get the director error all the time. i have installed a newer version of Shockwave but nothing is working. How do you fix this.
thanks

View the links on page 2 of this thread & have pm'd you another

tdmconfused wrote:by tdmconfused on December 27, 1:06 PM
Spaazzaa, if you know how to fix this problem why don't you just post it here instead of sending the answer as a private message. This way people can read the post and see if it works

Links to other sites are not allowed on Bfg

Post back if you continue to have probs

Fi

[Post New]by scottiemom on Jan 11, 10 6:02 PM
Has anyone been successful in getting this game to run in Vista? I have been working on it most of the evening. I bought it for my Mom for Christmas and it has never run more than 2 games before dumping with this error. She has Vista on a laptop. I have Vista on a laptop and have run it successfully for a couple years. I bought a copy (CD) for Mom and it never ran. Figured it was an XP/Vista thing since the CD didn't list Vista. So downloaded the game off Big Fish and I get the exact same problem. If it doesn't run in Vista, why are they selling it and taking our money? I have looked at the links on page 2 and the only one I haven't tried is the XP compatibility one, but Ann tried that and it didn't work after a while.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Dale

VSyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by VSyn on Jan 12, 10 12:36 PM
To all it may concern,

I don't think this is a Vista or player file problem because I had to quit playing for the same reason and I run it on a mac.

Your game is corrupted and the problem is at BF and has been for months

Sorry

Lots of Luck

K

[Post New]by larzweb on Jan 13, 10 10:13 AM
I have started getting this mesg also, I gone to player file, it say 133kb next to it. I also am useing 'vista'. seems this started when i uploaded the new explorer 8. is that possibile?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 14, 10 2:53 AM
scottiemom wrote:Has anyone been successful in getting this game to run in Vista? I have been working on it most of the evening. I bought it for my Mom for Christmas and it has never run more than 2 games before dumping with this error. She has Vista on a laptop. I have Vista on a laptop and have run it successfully for a couple years. I bought a copy (CD) for Mom and it never ran. Figured it was an XP/Vista thing since the CD didn't list Vista. So downloaded the game off Big Fish and I get the exact same problem. If it doesn't run in Vista, why are they selling it and taking our money? I have looked at the links on page 2 and the only one I haven't tried is the XP compatibility one, but Ann tried that and it didn't work after a while.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Dale

Hi Dale - have pm'd you another link to have a look at - Did you try the XP compatiable 1? Did it work?

Some have been able to run the game fine in Vista just as you had for a couple of yrs - this error prob seems to have come about since Bfgs fire in July last year in droves - Bfg have also in the past 6-9mnths updated the game & the game manager so is highly possible somthing isnt quite right in relation to etha 1 of them - Vista also has created some problems with its 2 area'd puter type system for storing files in relation to finding the correct install files to work & backup with

I run 2 versions of the game - older versions - & still running XP & they still running fine - the older Bfg 1 i have dosnt open in a game manager at all coz i removed it from it so i wouldnt have to re-download it if the game manager back then failed or crashed & lost it

It is frustrating not knowing if many of the 1s who'v come in looking for help have succeeded to run thier games via the links - 1: because i dont know if the links are helping or not & 2: theres no feedback from them to help others know etha - other than 1 or 2 which is much appreciated

Hope you have some luck getting it up & running for yr mum - any probs - post back & will help as much as im able

Fi

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 3:43:15 AM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 14, 10 3:19 AM
VSyn wrote:To all it may concern,

I don't think this is a Vista or player file problem because I had to quit playing for the same reason and I run it on a mac.

Your game is corrupted and the problem is at BF and has been for months

Sorry

Lots of Luck

K

Hi VSyn

Bfg as far as im aware are still running the games from thier backup server so could well be part of the prob too

Did you try this link when yr game wouldnt work?

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175

The player folder isnt the prob - it is suggested this is found & backed up often to avoid yr player, its rank & position in the game being lost altogether should something go wrong with the game eg: uninstalling/reinstalling & game or game manager crashes

Also saves alot of let down for players who open thier games to find that thier players have suddenly disappeared for no apparent reason - they can then at least put a copy of thier player folder back in & keep playing where they left off instead of having to start over again - if the probs at Bfgs end - theres nothing we can do about it till they find whats up with it - but saving the player folder & trying out links in relation to the probs are the best options we got to work with if we want to play coz Bfg arn't too quick at coming forward to help out - especially if they dont play it

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 14, 10 3:29 AM
larzweb wrote:I have started getting this mesg also, I gone to player file, it say 133kb next to it. I also am useing 'vista'. seems this started when i uploaded the new explorer 8. is that possibile?

Hi Larzweb - IE8 - Yes - it is possible - I meslf uninstalled IE8 a day or so after installing it - it didnt affect me game but did play abit of havoc with me puter - you could try uninstalling it to see if it makes a difference - least yl know 1 way or the other then

The size of yr players file is ok - you got quite abit of playing to do yet before it gets to around 500kb - do make sure to back the whole player folder up regularly though

If yv tried the links on page 2 & had no luck - have sent you another link to view as well

Fi

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 3:45:49 AM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 17, 10 3:23 PM
Another thing to try is to open the game using the Bfg 'Play my games' icon instead of using the Mte icon itself - another player has found the game seems to run better this way - anythings worth the try

[Post New]by fishercat on Jan 18, 10 10:00 PM
OK, just started getting the director error + a whole series of errors. I'm using Vista. Why not post the link to answer so everyone can access it. It did ask if I had the latest version of the game so I deleted it and reinstalled. Didn't help.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 10:05:30 PM PST

Go to: