LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 25, 09 5:54 PM
twoson wrote:I am at the scene where there is a rock cauldron type thing in the middle and there is a leopard skin hung on a stick thing. The scene asks for a butterfly and there is one in the lower right hand corner but I click on it and no go. I use the hint button and it keeps moving where it is, has anyone found the right butterfly?

Thanks for the help.
When an item in the list is written in yellow you have to use your camera to take a picture of it then it will be taken from the list. The butterfly needs to have its picture taken. Good luck!

Edited on 09/25/2009 at 5:55:07 PM PST

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Sep 26, 09 6:34 AM
I wanted to let you know, I wrote to Big Fish tech support, and they answered practically immediately. Very impressed! They granted a game to me at no additional charge. Since this is my first (and hopefully) last time I will have to do that, I am pleasantly surprised and greatful. Thank You Big Fish for caring about your customers so much.

Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum

[Post New]by belottlady on Sep 26, 09 3:16 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost City of Z: Special Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by buddy7894 on Sep 28, 09 9:53 PM
deelescault wrote:This game is a lesson in frustration. I can't believe I bought it. I can't take a picture of the ant to save my life. and then you can't get past that particular level. the people who programmed this game should be slapped hard. I would love to get my money back on this one.

I can't find the ant either....help!

Edited on 09/28/2009 at 9:54:17 PM PST

[Post New]by buddy7894 on Sep 28, 09 9:56 PM
mrslurch wrote:I can't pick up the ant. I have tried everything, Help?

Mrslurch

Any ideas? Can't find it to take a picture!

[Post New]by burksprice on Sep 29, 09 8:45 PM
"Is there a walkthrough for Lost City of Z: Special Edition?"

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 30, 09 3:57 AM
burksprice wrote: "Is there a walkthrough for Lost City of Z: Special Edition?"
If you don't see a walkthrough here on BF you might be able to find one by doing a Google search using the game name and the word walkthrough.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 3, 09 11:41 AM
We really enjoyed the game! The attention to detail was impressive! The graphics, sound effects, and layout of the entire game were awesome! Taking pictures of the various creatures was fun! The movements of the animals were quite real. In the photo album, NG did a great job explaining about each creature -- very educational. Loved the variety of features, like the camera with a telephoto lens, the night vision goggles, the various flashlights, etc. Instructions on puzzles were clear. If you noticed in the diary, the date and time were recorded at the exact date and time you played a section. A lot of time and thought went into the development of this game -- one of the more interesting ones we've played. We've played both of the NG games (the other was Herod's Lost Tomb). Are there anymore? I agree the "spank on the hand for clicking too often" was annoying, but something that could easily be changed. Thank you BF and NG for a game well worth the investment!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 3, 09 12:11 PM
They are in the process of developing the next in the series - Nat Geo Games: Mystery of Cleopatra. I don't know when it will be released.

Edited on 10/03/2009 at 12:11:54 PM PST

pattioz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pattioz on Oct 4, 09 8:32 PM
tanakenn wrote:
susancl wrote:I was playing the game and every thing was fine until I got to the
place where I need to place the cog with the Z. When I clicked on the
Z nothing happens, unless I click too many times. I remember picking
up the Z cog in the scene before but it is not available to place. Am I
doing something wrong? I can't get pass the place in the game.

I am also having this same problem. And after clicking on the Z symbol, the game closes.

[Post New]by tucutecats on Oct 5, 09 4:08 PM
I am at the helocopter and can only pick up the axe. I reinstalled it several time and no luck. I give up

Olag
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Olag on Oct 9, 09 8:00 AM
I have stopped, restarted and changed my player name four times and I still can't get the cog. I will be requesting a refund, also, and will think twice about the next Nat. Geo. game that comes out.

[Post New]by kimball9 on Oct 17, 09 11:12 AM
I too am hving trouble the knife cut some of the vines but not all and now it doesn't cut anything- nit the first glitch I encountered

[Post New]by Raider1 on Dec 19, 09 12:56 PM
Please tell me how to find the ant with the camera lens!!
Raider1

honkq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honkq on Dec 21, 09 1:26 PM
terpie wrote:I also believe that this game has tooooo many kinks in it. I also noticed there is no walkthrough. Again, where do you cut the vines???????

Click on the area before you try to cut the vines. Whala! There is the letter Z.

Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum

[Post New]by tinpen2 on Jan 6, 10 10:28 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost City of Z: Special Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

The objects to find are on bottom of game But the screen went black!

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

retrieving the Z cog

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Feb 6, 10 10:57 PM
I WAS STUCK THERE TOO, BUT WHEN I CUT ALL THE VINES AWAY( CUT THE BOTTOM ONES TOO) THE INVENTORY OPENED UP BEHIND THE FILM AND I USED THE "N" COG AS A KEY TO OPEN THE CAVE.

NOW I'M STUCK ON THE INJURED BOY. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I TRICK IS TO TREAT HIM ?? IT SAID PICKUP THE ITEMS THEN CLICK HINT. WHEN I DO ,THE ITEMS GO BACK TO THERE PLACE AND I GET MESSAGE "PICK THE ITEM UP CLICK THE HINT". CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ??? UNTIL THERE IS A WALKTHROUGH WE ONLY HAVE THE INFORMATION IN THE FORUM TO HELP US !!!!

PUPPYALPHA

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

THE ANT

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Feb 8, 10 12:27 AM
TO RAIDER1
YOU MUST HAVE THE ANT IN YOUR VIEWFINDER OR THE PICTURE WON'T CLICK AND DEVELOPE. HOPE THAT SOLVES YOUR DILEMMA.

PUPPYALPHA

[Post New]by frankiejackie on Mar 2, 10 10:25 AM
buddy7894 wrote:
deelescault wrote:This game is a lesson in frustration. I can't believe I bought it. I can't take a picture of the ant to save my life. and then you can't get past that particular level. the people who programmed this game should be slapped hard. I would love to get my money back on this one.

I can't find the ant either and am sorry that i bought the game. I have been trying to get past the ant since nov. 2-009

[Post New]by frankiejackie on Mar 3, 10 7:10 AM
buddy7894 wrote:

Join the club I can't find the ant either I have been trying since Nov. This game is the pits

Go to: