EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder comments and reviews

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Dec 6, 09 8:48 PM
This is a very enjoyable and fun game. Not too hard. Not too easy. Like Goldilocks said, 'Just right.' The last few cities (levels) were pretty challenging (fitting everything in), but mostly it is just fun.

If you want some advice: After Zorm gets jealous, build a fire station first, then a police station, then a hospital.

While I am not sure of its replay-ability, it was definitely a good value. Took me most of a week and a half to finish. (Playing periodically.) Will probably play it through once more. So, for $7 it was certainly worth the money.

I would highly recommend this for children as well as adults. No shooting. No monsters. No timers. The worst thing that happens is Madmen tear up a few street tiles, fires break out (no injuries) and a few thieves show up. Nothing visual to upset a child. A few levels on the beach might be difficult for kids, though.

Overall, delightful.

rescuefire
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rescuefire on Dec 17, 09 12:12 PM
rbusran wrote:I LOVEEE THIS GAME!!! I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY...However, I need help on level 16 "the Stonemoon Ruins" ..The houses were on fire before I even get to build the Fire station??? Please help!!

Me too, this is frustrating. I can't seem to get past building a house and then only to have it burn down. I'm stuck please help.

ParadeGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ParadeGirl on Dec 19, 09 12:46 PM
I loved this game. I was addicted to it from the geckgo. I can't wait for the next chapter of the game. If there going to be another game? From the ending with Zorm it sounded like there is going to be.

[Post New]by bigswede on Jan 3, 10 3:00 PM
Level 20..................................................

how do you upgrade the center????

[Post New]by bigswede on Jan 3, 10 3:03 PM
I found out the way to go is build only enuff houses to be able to build a
firehall.This seemed to help.

[Post New]by vschmidt29 on May 3, 10 7:24 AM
I have fun with this game - my problem is I can't finish level 44. I get everything except Club Zap. Yes I have beach front on the northeast and southeast coasts.
Thanks looking forward to the next WZ

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 24, 10 2:26 PM
With all of Felix's Favorites on sale this weekend for $2.99, I had to try this one. Crashed my computer almost immediately. Royal Envoy crashes it a lot too, so I know my computer has some issues with this sort of game, but I'm loving Royal Envoy anyway. So I rebooted my computer and uninstalled this game and am currently re-installing it. Just trying to kill time to let this thing install while I'm not playing some other game. - Dang big download, when you're waiting on it .

I'm like a kid in a candy store with this sale. - One of each please ...

Edited on 07/24/2010 at 2:27:17 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 24, 10 2:29 PM
Oh great! - now it says "Trial Expired"...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 25, 10 1:22 AM
Found a 30-minute demo to play at another site, and it played solid as a rock. So I went ahead and bought this from Big Fish. When I tried playing it some after purchase, it played just fine. So hopefully that uninstall and reinstall and reboot was all it needed. Looks like a delightful game, as long as that crashing issue is resolved now.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 15, 10 11:07 PM
I just finished playing thru to the end of the story, and played some of the Valley in Free Mode after that. I haven't had any tech issues since reinstalling it initially.

Overall I like the game quite a bit. However, I found the last half of the story progressively more tedious with that Zorm dispute stuff, as well as having to totally clutter up a location with all sorts of large farms. Having been raised in an agricultural area, every time I placed farm animals near town, I could almost smell them. Good thing Zellians don't seem to notice those things, but as a player, it bothered me some. When I got to free mode, I put orchards between all the farm animals and living spaces to provide some buffer lol.

I clearly recognize the geek mode of problem solving: Instead of resolving the interpersonal disputes, just keep trying to do your job fixing the physical stuff, and hope the disputes go away on their own lol. If not for how tedious the game becomes from Zorm's antics, I could go along with that... but if a more conciliatory path were offered that calmed things down some in that regard, I think it would have been a good addition to the game, to give the player more control over the difficulty and their game experience. The royal brotherly dispute is another that is left entirely unaddressed - but is assumed to have magically resolved by the end of the game.

The fires were fairly routine to put out, but the criminals had to be chased to some extent, and lots of us old farts don't much like reflex type stuff in our games.

By the time I got to Free Mode in the Valley, I was wanting parks to place there. Maybe some gardens to go with them.

That's my 2 cents worth - keep 'em coming BFG!

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 11:14:31 PM PST

[Post New]by crashandboom on Aug 26, 10 6:50 PM
I purchased this game a couple of weeks ago, bummer to miss the sale but I really have no regrets. One of the most relaxing, enjoyable games I've ever played. I enjoy testing my spacial relationship skills and the graphics and characters are just too cute. Was a bit disappointed with free mode as there are no fires or tricksters to content with (that I've run across at least).

By the time I got to Free Mode in the Valley, I was wanting parks to place there. Maybe some gardens to go with them.

ITA, leaves me wanting a bit more but I entertain myself by telling little stories as I build a new town. "The orchard family moved in, they were sick of life in the big city. Soon they realized they were able to sell juice to buy more land...next they built a grain farm! This guy moved in and took up fishing as far from the Orchards as possible...gradually, they met and he married Orchard's eldest daughter, who...liked sheep! So he built her a sheep farm"...etc. I guess I'm really a nerd.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Aug 26, 10 9:54 PM
so glad this was a DD. i really enjoy this game. honestly it is nice to have a fun builder type game without a timer. i liked having the ability to plan out my towns and not throw stuff all over the place trying to beat the clock. the graphics are very cute as well. overall fun and relaxing game. honestly had i seen it on a day when it wasn't a DD i probably would have picked it up at regular price.

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Aug 28, 10 12:34 AM
loved the game ! finished it and played again ! After finishing it several times, i find myself starting from scratch again, long enough and complex enough that i can;t remember the tricks or where to fit everything, that makes it very fun.
the best builder game !
love the free play, where you can build anything any where you want.
This game never bores me, will buy the next one as soon as it hits !!!
I would love gardens fountains and parks, too.
Maybe put in levels where you can open the stores if you want to have families like another poster mentioned ,maybe pets and kids in the next one ???!!

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 12:41:03 AM PST

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Aug 28, 10 12:37 AM
crashandboom wrote:I purchased this game a couple of weeks ago, bummer to miss the sale but I really have no regrets. One of the most relaxing, enjoyable games I've ever played. I enjoy testing my spacial relationship skills and the graphics and characters are just too cute. Was a bit disappointed with free mode as there are no fires or tricksters to content with (that I've run across at least).

ITA, leaves me wanting a bit more but I entertain myself by telling little stories as I build a new town. "The orchard family moved in, they were sick of life in the big city. Soon they realized they were able to sell juice to buy more land...next they built a grain farm! This guy moved in and took up fishing as far from the Orchards as possible...gradually, they met and he married Orchard's eldest daughter, who...liked sheep! So he built her a sheep farm"...etc. I guess I'm really a nerd.

I think your GREAT!!!!!! you made me smile,

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Sep 1, 10 8:28 AM
Not sure how I missed this the 1st time round, but I am not complaining as I also picked it up when I saw it under the recent daily deal!

What a smashing game and such a refreshing break from HOGS etc!

I have played it twice and also most of Free Play. Crashandboom, if you've not discovered it by now and read this, you do start to get fires and crazies in the later levels of FreePlay as well as specials becoming available.

Am now very eager to see a Zellians II being released.

Edited on 09/01/2010 at 8:29:04 AM PST

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Sep 1, 10 8:29 AM
This is a brilliant game, and such fun.

[Post New]by kdirish on Sep 3, 10 4:39 AM
Love, love. love this game. I'm not a big time management fan, but this is great. Working out where to place all the buildings, farms, orchards etc is challanging to say the least. There is no other game out there like it.

[Post New]by crashandboom on Sep 16, 10 2:42 PM
I think your GREAT!!!!!! you made me smile,

Ah, thanks heavenlypoodles! You gave me a warm fuzzy! I think I am destined to play from the start again, too. Do you have to uninstall & reinstall to start from the very beginning?

and...

to jobynana...

Crashandboom, if you've not discovered it by now and read this, you do start to get fires and crazies in the later levels of FreePlay as well as specials becoming available.

This is GREAT news! I can't wait to get home from work and attack it again.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 19, 10 7:40 PM
I got this game as a DD and tried it out because of all the great reviews. My first impression was that it was too easy and kind of stupid. After finishing the game, I still think it's too easy, but it's really grown on me because of the artwork, music and fun and silly story.

All of the buildings, particularly the special ones are really cute and I often zoomed in just to look at all of the detail. It looks like anti-aliasing isn't applied when you're zoomed out, giving it a "jaggy" appearance, but it's not really practical to play zoomed all the way in.

I say the game is too easy because there's no challenge to it and it's literally impossible to fail. Just build what you're told to and move on to the next level. Not a bad thing, as if you want a timed challenge you can play the bonus (optional) levels. And the enjoyment comes from watching the world go by, so it's appropriate that the main levels are untimed.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 11, 10 7:16 PM
Ok after a year I will comment. Have played the game 3 times this past year, and enjoyed every time. It takes at a minimum of 4/5 hours playing the "easy" mode and skipping all dialog. I never did play anything with a timer so cannot comment on that. Never even had an option to play with a timer so am not sure where that is coming from in the reviews?? All in all a great fun game.

Go to: