Re:Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey comments and reviews

[Post New]by ilanarr on Sep 26, 09 9:37 PM
Just a small peeve. I think that tool that is continually called a scythe is really a sickle ...

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Sep 27, 09 3:21 PM
I thought it was a beautiful game. The graphics were clear and crisp. I have an old PC so there were a couple of glitches but they were easy to work around. I get a kick out of people who say how easy a game is and then talk about the hints given. Couldn't have been toooooo easy then could it? The music was well done, not intrusive and appropriate to the story. On the con side, there could have been greater variation in the puzzles and since when is a tamborine a hand bell?

[Post New]by Peachyswife on Sep 27, 09 3:35 PM
I loved this game. Course I am nuts for HOG anyway! I didn't have any problems with fuzzy graphics like others have stated. I like the story line also. Just my 2 cents worth. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Sep 28, 09 2:15 PM
I just finished the demo, and once again I agree with Poodlebear & Sillyfeet. It's just fun. It's going on my "To Buy" list.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Sep 29, 09 7:36 AM
i loved this game. great graphics. well done big fish

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 3, 09 5:07 AM
If you've ever seen a tarot deck you'd immediately know the cards & characters were based on it; the names weren't even changed & the suits were even cups, wands, swords, & pentacles if you looked at them closely. Since the game itself had nothing to do with "the occult" (& are tarot cards really considered that?), I found it an odd choice & likely due to slacking on the developers' part since they couldn't be bothered to create their own little universe. If people consider tarot cards to be occult, then yes, it does have occult imagery in the game even tho not the practice.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 5, 09 1:58 AM
Just finished chapter four. Really enjoying this game, wonderful graphics and the game flows nicely. Easy enough so far, sometimes I need a relaxing game like this and other times I like more of a challenge. It's a keeper for me.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 5, 09 1:38 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed this little game. Was fun without stress. Beautiful graphics. I recommend highly. I think my 6-year old granddaughter would also enjoy it ,so will be hanging on to it for replay.

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on Oct 6, 09 5:09 PM
I am going mad trying to connect the pipes on the page with the "Tame the Kitten"/Lioness. The walkthrough dosn't have the same configuration of pipes so I can't even copy it. I have tried every combination I can think off without sucess. So if anyone has a helpful suggestion I will be very, very grateful! Just hurry, I'm addicted!

[Post New]by PrincessCoalby on Oct 7, 09 10:27 PM
for someone that loves HOG and strategy but wants it simple, this is great. I did not enjoy this as it was just too simple. Every level only took a few minutes to do all the HOGs and solve the puzzle. But graphics and voiceovers were great--lovely actually. A definite pass for anyone who wants any sort of challenge though.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Oct 7, 09 10:41 PM
played about 10 minutes of the demo & bought it.
I enjoyed the scenes first time, LOVe the long game.
It's simple, but not too too simple
Second time through muted sounds & click what I could & took about 2.5 cups of coffee two ams before work
Other household member liked the ease & no stress factor.
good quick refill on hints if needed, sometime what THEY call an object we wouldn't-but that just the developer discretions eh?
would definately recommend to buy

[Post New]by ski77ppyDiane on Oct 10, 09 7:58 AM
Very Good Game enthralling

errias
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by errias on Oct 12, 09 11:20 PM
I thought this is a cute game. good graphics, good story line. really colorful...lol. but the items were hard to find to me, way too much stuff, and really TOO SMALL.!!,good thing the clues recovered quickly, or would still be on chapter one. WAY,WAY TOO LONG. the puzzles were a little boring. I'm still looking for something to rival 'return to ravenhurst'. This wasn't the one. But it was a good game, and i did buy it.

[Post New]by pghzoolady on Oct 14, 09 6:10 PM
I purchased the game and enjoyed playing it. HOWEVER, the end of the game sucked! The game was over but left unfinished. After collecting all of the special items through out the game, there was no part of the game to see where they all went. I'm confused??

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 15, 09 12:51 AM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
7 Bamboo sticks out of 10
Undoubtedly, some people will disagree with my initial impression of this game.
I sure am not someone most would consider a religious freak. I sin all day
I just felt like this game had a lot of occult type content that was presented in a fun, but perhaps misleading way. At one point, it simply says to choose a card and then I realized I was choosing Tarot cards. Ahhh - the main characters name - Tara? Then I saw alot of what is considered the occult symbol (the star in a circle).
Just be aware of this as some parents may be objectionable to such material for their children.
As for the gameplay itself, it felt like a higher end Hidden Object Game with some weird talking animals and rich graphics. I just hope they don't have me marry Satan at the end LOL (yes, I am kidding).

Edited on 10/15/2009 at 12:52:40 AM PST

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Oct 19, 09 4:04 PM
Nice Game Not real Difficult but enjoyed the change of pace compared to the last few I purchased where you couldn't find the item even after using a clue. A few poster noted that the graphics were a little fuzzy I didn't have that problem,(Maybe the fuzzy matches my fuzzy eyesight and it just looks clear). A definite purchase for me.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Oct 24, 09 3:01 PM
I bought this game during a low spot of **** games, and was rather disappointed with it. Although I played it out eventually, the card stuff was boring and didn't need to be there, although I didn't mind the jigsaws. Also it didn't matter which cards you picked in that re-occuring interlude which was rather annoying.

It was too easy going, and way too many hints and help available from that peacock. Tara was also hard to identify with. Once I banned myself from the help it made it a bit more challenging but it really wasn't that kind of game.

It was all a bit too preachy for me and not enough **** or mini games per level. Not really an enjoyable game for me.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 24, 09 8:07 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Loved the talking peacock, and the graphics were super.

Very colorful, moved along at a good pace, and I could do everything without having to resort to the walkthrough.

I was sorry when it was over.....

Story was nice, hint system easy to use, music calming.....

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 27, 09 11:38 AM
As always, Kudos to poodlebear and sillyfeet, wouldn't know what to do with out your reviews. Thanks also to everyone for being specific about what you
did and did not like.

Enjoyed the demo so very much, then the forum convinced me. A for sure buy
for me.

Although my favorite game is still RTR, this was so relaxing and it's good to
have the choices that Big Fish offers.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Nov 8, 09 11:31 AM
Maybe I can clarify (or confuse!) some points of this game. BTW, "occult" means hidden. If pictures on bits of pasteboard are threatening to you, you should avoid it. Unlike that other game with "Tarot" in the title (forget the name), it does show some actual tarot cards. In my opinion that one was a mess - the one with the FBI agent who just hung around on her own, etc. Tarot cards have no more true association witchcraft or any such thing than any other card. No one is certain about their origins but they were probably simply a card game and likely originated in Italy.

The general idea here seemed to be that Tara was journeying through the major arcana of the tarot and learning a simple lesson from each card. There are 78 cards in a tarot deck, the first card of the major arcana, often called The Fool, is either 0 or unumbered and there are 21 others. That is why there are 22 chapters. The other cards that show are from the minor arcana, which is divided into 4 suits, much like regular playing cards, although the names vary (often Swords, Wands/Rods, Cups, and Coins/Pentacles/Disks).

Many of the cards were fairly standard but a few were changed. Death (13) was Transformation, an alteration that is now seen on some modern decks. I wish I could play that section again. Maybe I was tired but I didn't know what the heck they were doing there! There was really nothing frightening or negative in this game. Tara got overconfident at one point and then learned the danger of that (I am just going by memory). As far as the tarot part, I'd say they tried and at least did no harm

I liked the major part of the graphics which seemed to go nicely with the concept of a tarot deck and I especially enjoyed the sections where you placed the outlines (?). What I really disliked were those endless junk-filled rooms that looked just like some other game.

The sickle/scythe thing bugs me too! My grandfather used to use a scythe to cut down grass and weeds. Of course if the Grim Reaper used that little one, he'd have a harder time, lol. (Boy, that just doesn't turn out the same, does it?)

I'm not sure where I'd rate the game. It's hard to complain about something being too long, especially with so many short ones, but I really got tired of those "box rooms." That's why I don't want to replay it and really try to see how well they did the journey. Those rooms are where I'd use a hint.

Go to: