madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:10 Days To Save the World: The Adventures of Diana comments and reviews

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Oct 15, 09 10:36 AM
Help! I can't get back out of the Atlantis temple.

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 18, 09 1:03 AM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
3 Bamboo sticks out of 10
Whoever created this game tried so hard. In a nutshell, I felt so DISCONNECTED from the story and what was going on. I love watercolor artwork but some of the cutscenes were just "bad". The text (no voice) to continue the story seemed translated from something other than english. I was not impressed with the game overall. It felt CHEAP.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Nov 30, 09 1:03 AM
Way to short - had played the trial and was going to buy later. When I got back to it couldn't remember the game very well (not a good sign) so did another trial download from another site. Only then realised that I was on last day - so all up finished in about 75 mins - very disappointing. Glad I didn't buy it.

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Mar 18, 10 8:09 PM
This had interesting gameplay, but it was bogged down with too many flaws. I really enjoyed the way the scenes I played were not full of items that shouldn't be there simply to misdirect- they all seemed to relate in some way to the scenes, but at times they were not at all visible to my eyes and sometimes the solutions seemed too easy. By far, the most distracting thing about the game was the text. As many others have mentioned, it seemed VERY poorly translated. The graphics themselves could have been presented more clearly as well. The negatives, for me, hugely outweighed the positives when I considered adding this to my to-buy list.

EDIT: To clarify: This is not a keeper and has been uninstalled. I would not recommend this to anyone, as the game itself is outclassed by many other games on here. (It's not me, it's you, 10 Days.)

Edited on 03/20/2010 at 1:43:55 AM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 9, 10 6:29 AM
A forgettable game with a few good points. Some perplexing puzzles in order to advance and to find needed items. Storyline was somewhat disjointed and came to a crashing, abrupt ending - no doubt hoping to suck you into buying a sequel (if they ever come out with one).

I'll give this a 2.5 rating out of 5. I must be getting spoiled by some of the other really amazing games I've played recently. They have raised my standards and expectations of overall game quality!

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 17, 10 2:07 PM
WanderingPenguin wrote:I agree that there was way too much hand-holding, but that's not what made us turn the game off within a few minutes: it was the ATROCIOUS grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Right off the top: "The Adventure's of Diana Salinger" was the main splash screen. "Adventure's"? With an apostrophe? Seriously? And it went downhill from there. (If you don't believe me, check the little square splash screen at the top of this page.)

Look, I don't care if people think I'm a grammar snob, there are a TON of great games on the open market these days. If you are a programmer who cannot spell or use simple punctuation, then get someone to do it for you. No sale.

Hear! Hear!

It's not just the rogue apostrophe and the mistranslations, of which there are many, it's the ridiculous non-English in the cut scenes and instructions, far beyond mere grammar errors. I seem to be always saying this: "Why can't they get the game sub-edited by a native English speaker before they foist it on the world?"

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 28, 10 1:12 AM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

I wasn't really impressed by this one, but I didn't hate it either - it was just so-so. I enjoyed the mini-puzzles for the most part, but the HOG parts tried my patience since I didn't always know what I was looking for and the hint system took forever to refill. At least it refilled, though; and I was able to eventually move forward - even if my hair did turn from red to gray while I waited.

Add to that the fact that there's no way on earth the timelines given could match up with the locations they went to (yes, I was feeling a bit picky when I noticed that), and I find this to be a "Maybe" game and not a "Must Buy".

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 28, 10 1:21 AM
Rage74 wrote:The biggest issue for me was PLAUSIBILITY.

First, it's a scene out of "The Day After Tomorrow." Um...just how ARE we supposed to react to unpredictable natural disasters? (Aside from hiking from New York to Cancun.) If we could solve those weather problems, we would have been doing it already.

Next, Diana informs us that she went diving in the Mariana Trench wearing little more than a wetsuit and discovered this amulent. Also, it would seem that the Mariana Trench featured verandas and columns. Interesting architecture for the bottom of the ocean.

In any case, she has the amulet. And she's just been hanging onto it for a couple of years until it loses its patience with her poor grammar and begins to throw a tantrum, coinciding perfectly with the news report of the aforementioned natural disasters. Maybe the darned thing was upset that it was missing the season finale of "Lost."

Conveniently, her father is unavailable - one gets the feeling he had been sitting around the house until a week or so ago. She could have easily asked him about the stupid amulet at any time during the previous 2 years, but noooooo. She waits to think of THAT when he's not around.

No worries, that's what plot lines are for, right? So off we go to contact one of Dad's numerous colleagues. But wait! Oh my, it seems tragedy is befalling one after another of the Mayan experts! Dad and another dude are the only 2 left! I'd better warn him before...oh, here's an email. Some strange man wants to meet with him. Nothing suspicious about that at all - I'll go by myself in Dad's place and take the amulet with me to show him. I'm sure he'll have the answers I'm looking for, even though I don't have a freaking clue who he is.

And then Dad, upon first meeting this strange man, offers up the opinion that he'll one day be a great scientist. Yeah, if he doesn't get around to killing us all off and stealing the amulet first.

I gave up at that point and decided to go play Farm Frenzy.

LOL! So so true!

[Post New]by Pysgodyn on Jun 2, 11 4:35 PM
No special area to review so having to use this space. used my game credit on this as ran out of free time. what a waste of a credit finished very soon after only to find the story is not complete and the world not saved more to be done. that this game was only part one should have been said in the game info then I wouldn't be dissapointed and probaby wouldn't have bought it. because of that can only give it 2 stars. many better games on big fish that are complete and longer

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jul 1, 11 9:29 PM
An okay game. Good game for beginners. Hints are kind of vague and I had to click 5 times before picking up the fuel can. Graphics are fuzzy. Almost has a biblical theme. I don't care for HOGs, so not my thing.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 24, 11 2:23 AM
I've been waiting months for this to come out as a DD or COTW. Great game, but a little too basic, with clear but cartooney graphics. Thank you BF for finally releasing it at the right price.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Jul 24, 11 4:36 AM
hipan wrote:

Also is your target market American English speaking or British English. Here in the US we use the terms "hood" and "trunk", not "bonnet" and "boot".

In other words: GET YOUR ENGLISH CHECKED

In England we say "Bonnet" for the American "Hood" and "Boot" for the American "Trunk" How the developers would get around this one to please both the UK and the USA market, I have no clue. The USA is not "The World" as some would think it.
If they used "Bonnet" and "Boot" in their translation, might suggest that they used an UK proof-reader and if thats the case, they wouldn't have a clue as to what "Grits" were. Having said that, given that there were so many other 'Lost in translation' moments, would suggest that either they were a Russian who went to University in England and thought his English 'Rocked out' (NOT), or if it was a fellow Brit, then he was illiterate!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 24, 11 7:20 AM
I don't mind word differences like bonnet and boot for hood and trunk; it wouldn't hurt any of us to learn the different words used for the same items in different English-speaking countries. Besides, if we've played enough of these games, we already know what the words mean.

But I have to agree, if you are going to market your game to the English-speaking market, hire someone who is an educated native English speaker to write the English dialog, and either use items that have the same name across the countries, or else use terms that have clear connection to the item, such as torch/flashlight. Don't be cheap and merely use an online translator - it annoys the game player and makes them not want to buy your future games. And for God's sake, learn when to use an apostrophe!

(Edit to correct typo)

Edited on 07/24/2011 at 1:48:13 PM PST

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Jul 24, 11 3:24 PM
that was the biggest waste of money ever - even for the deal of the day. extremely short, poor graphics, terrible story,dont waste your moneyx

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Jul 24, 11 3:24 PM
that was the biggest waste of money ever - even for the deal of the day. extremely short, poor graphics, terrible story,dont waste your moneyx

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Aug 8, 11 5:41 AM
Not excellent but playable. Pretty graphics, a bit blurry, sometimes objects are impossible to see, story had potential but didn't happen, was still worth my $3.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 14, 11 7:38 AM
Playable

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 12:36 PM
This game story line gets lost after you play a while, beside that I enjoyed the game, is not an easy game to play, it also can frustrate some with the **** scenes.

[Post New]by supersatar324 on Jan 28, 12 6:01 AM
ok

[Post New]by katuswetha on Jul 28, 12 7:58 AM

Edited on 01/31/2013 at 2:36:39 AM PST

Go to: