ParadeGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville technical issues

[Post New]by ParadeGirl on Sep 19, 10 5:15 PM
I just updated my Mac to 10.6.4 and the game is choppy to me. The game itself works fine but, it looks like a TV set that needs the tracking fixed. Can I fix this somehow?

[Post New]by preyingmantis467 on Oct 9, 10 6:21 PM
ansert wrote:Hi there

Everytime I try to open this game I get an error message that reads:
Access Violation 0x006864F6 (tried to read 0x0000003C)
I have read the help page and tried everything there (shutting down Virus Protection, updating drivers etc.) but nothing helps.

Any suggestions please?
Thanks

I am having the same problem

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Jan 15, 11 4:23 PM
I didn't have any problems with the game which I purchased today, but when I got to the end where the girl was in the audience in her wheelchair, everything went in slow motion and I couldn't make out the graphics anymore as they were so blurry and I had to exit (with great difficulty) so now I can't finish the game.

lat1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lat1 on Feb 15, 11 1:36 AM
I have the same problem as lucygirl7. I cannot get past the scene with the girl in the wheelchair before everything gets blurry and slows way down.

[Post New]by GameMasterGirl on Feb 19, 11 9:23 AM
I did it! I finally completed the game, in less than 3 hours! I think that they are going to make the second one, since this game is still to be continued. It was pretty easy, and no errors for me. But I was playing that game on my Ipad, since it just came out two days ago in the app store, costing $5 but it's totally worth it!

[Post New]by HOMEY1 on Feb 22, 11 1:48 PM
I can't find the red ruin either. I am playing on my iPad . Wont let me click on the barrel like the walkthrough says.please help, love this game!

[Post New]by deelaling on Feb 25, 11 10:50 AM
I haven't seen a reply yet for getting the hands on the clock to move on the door to the museum. Anyone know why the hands won't move?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 1, 11 9:59 AM
Hi HOMEY1,

Welcome to the pond!

There are some differences between the Mac and iPad version of the game. One of which is there is no hidden object scene by the barrel.

In the walkthrough for the Mac and PC version, you'll notice a puppet's mouth that gives you a letter key. In the iPad version of the game, you'll actually find the red rune inside the puppet's mouth.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 1, 11 10:02 AM
Hi deelaling,

Welcome to the pond!

If you are having issues with the clock hands after breaking the glass at the museum door, I would recommend getting in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

When you submit your email, be sure to choose the “iPad/iPhone” from the “Choose a Topic” list.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Mar 28, 11 5:50 PM
Recently purchased the game. Had many of the same issues reported here. Number one of which was frequent crashes and the need to restart because of a corrupted file save. Managed to finish the game tonight. And, I liked it despite the problems. Only solution I have is, when you know the spots where the problem exists, exit the game and reboot the PC. Or....play it from that point the next day. My reboot point was when I met Simon in the jail/cage. I closed everything down and played from that point the next day. Finished without a glitch.

As for the blurriness in the scene after you meet the girl in the wheelchair...that's intentional. After all, the guy has just been knocked out and is now returning to consciousness.

The hands on the clock won't move until you break the glass.

The Red rune is underneath the curtain, upper left, as you look out the window at the secret garden.

[Post New]by Gaygayle on Apr 15, 11 12:46 PM
I downloaded the game twice I
On my iPad 2, and there is no torch to light the hallway. So I can't get into the boiler room. Any suggestions?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 15, 11 2:57 PM
Hey Gaygayle,

The iPad version of this game shouldn't have a boiler room scene so if you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and are still being directed to this room, I would recommend getting in touch with iPad/iPhone Support (you can click on this link for those instructions). Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by JoCaT33 on Apr 16, 11 8:37 PM
I collected all the items in the cemetery and obtained the mask, but it's not actually showing up in my tools inventory. I have restarted the game twice with the same result. I'm running the game on iPad. Help!

[Post New]by Rookie889 on Apr 18, 11 9:49 AM
Love this game and now I want to purchase it with one of my game credits. How do I by pass the "purchase for $4.99" screen.?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 18, 11 11:38 AM
Welcome to the pond JoCaT33 and Rookie889!

JoCaT33 wrote:I collected all the items in the cemetery and obtained the mask, but it's not actually showing up in my tools inventory. I have restarted the game twice with the same result. I'm running the game on iPad. Help!

Check out the very helpful post from bfgImbrium in this thread:

Problem with the mask

Rookie889 wrote:Love this game and now I want to purchase it with one of my game credits. How do I by pass the "purchase for $4.99" screen.?

If you have an available Game Club credit it should apply automatically for this game once you're signed in and you've added the game to your shopping cart, as long as you don't enter in any special coupon codes in the "Have a coupon code?" box.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by JoCaT33 on Apr 21, 11 6:28 PM
Thanks--that worked!

[Post New]by pandjnichols on Apr 27, 11 3:26 PM
My problem was not solved through the help program. It continually stops somewhere between the stage scene and the fountain solving. If I go back and try to play, it says I have to create a new ID because the saved file was corrupted.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. to no avail.

[Post New]by krisco32 on Apr 29, 11 8:09 PM
I bought and downloaded Monday, and during the installation my computer shut down right at the end of install due to severe storms coming through and a temporary loss of power. Since then I've tried to play it and it says there is an issue and shuts it down after the first couple of opening sequence screens. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading and it will not uninstall. It just keeps telling me it may take a few minutes, but never leaves that screen. I would love to be able to play my game, but would be willing to take a refund, however I really need to figure out how to get the darn thing to uninstall. Every other game works fine, so I don't know what the problem is.

[Post New]by thewhitehorse on May 5, 11 10:00 PM
Hey I'm a newbie here, but I really love the game! I just wish it would stop glitching on me, no matter how many times I go through the graveyard scene, the inventory isnt logging my mask so I cant do the puzzle... it's one of the first few things i managed to pick out, might that have something to do with it?

Please help, I can barely leave this alone right now!

[Post New]by CustardChris on May 18, 11 11:58 AM
Hi,
I did post this in the main thread,but I wondered if it was a technical issue, that when I try to mend the ladder in the workshop, I can place the stick and the nails, but have problems hitting the nails with the hammer.

When I place the hammer from the tools list onto the 'sparkle' in the zoomed-in window of the ladder, the hammer seems to go behind the zoomed window, and does not activate the next scene.

I have also tried with the hammer onto the ladder without zooming in, but of course it doesn't work either.

I am playing this on the iPhone 4

Cheers for any help

Go to: