madmatt42
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Destination: Treasure Island comments and reviews

[Post New]by madmatt42 on Oct 16, 09 3:45 AM
Having previously played Mysterious Island 1 & 2 and Voyage, I was looking forward to another adventure from Kheops. The game does seem to be shorter than the others (finished it within a few hours) but that may be because I am use to the style of these games. I like the consistency that they follow. The Mayan number system is the same from the moonmen in Voyage. I miss the point system because that encouraged me to replay for higher scores. It would be nice if there were rewards for better progress because there are a few things more to do than are mentioned in the walkthrough. I also enjoyed the alternate ending. This was an enjoyable game and now I can practice how to tie all of those knots!

Re:Destination: Treasure Island and motion sickness

[Post New]by bskqzb on Oct 17, 09 1:51 AM
I started playing this game and was just getting into solving the enigma when I started to feel nauseas.

I stopped playing and my partner took over the game, they also started to feel sick because of the amount of 360 degree movement. Im really unhappy as from what i saw of the game it looked really cool.

Now i cant play it any more and i still have to pay off my credit card for a game I cant play. Good luck to all you gamers who will get to enjoy this great game but be prepaired with anti nausea pills if you suffer from motion sickness..

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Destination: Treasure Island and motion sickness

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 17, 09 12:26 PM
bskqzb wrote:I started playing this game and was just getting into solving the enigma when I started to feel nauseas.

I stopped playing and my partner took over the game, they also started to feel sick because of the amount of 360 degree movement. Im really unhappy as from what i saw of the game it looked really cool.

Now i cant play it any more and i still have to pay off my credit card for a game I cant play. Good luck to all you gamers who will get to enjoy this great game but be prepaired with anti nausea pills if you suffer from motion sickness..

One of the options on the option menu is to slow down the movement--that helps some people.

If it's still a problem for you, I"d contact customer support where you bought the game.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by Jmac5280 on Oct 26, 09 6:11 PM
When i first downloaded this game I also received the .net framework message. I simply went to the windows update website and installed the update. Game runs great. have to agree that the acting in this game is better than most LFG's including syberia. This game was definitely worth buying.

[Post New]by 24134839 on Oct 30, 09 8:33 AM
Hi im john,
Ive lit he fire in the skull, ihave the mallet with me and it says that shadows will appeare and that im to hit them with the mallet,but nothing is happening, [i]please can any one help me i would be most gratefull. john.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 30, 09 11:53 PM
24134839 wrote:Hi im john,
Ive lit he fire in the skull, ihave the mallet with me and it says that shadows will appeare and that im to hit them with the mallet,but nothing is happening, [i]please can any one help me i would be most gratefull. john.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to look at the Blog Walkthrough which is posted free here at Big Fish Games. It will take you step by step through what you need to do. you will find the answer in Chapter 8.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

If that doesn't help, start a new topic in this forum and ask your questino there and we'll try to help you. We try to keep this particular topic, "Comments and Reviews" free of detailed spoilers, but we can go into as much detail as necessary in a different topic.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 10/30/2009 at 11:56:03 PM PST

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 1, 09 6:26 PM
Got this game for the Octoberfest and am loving it! I love adventure games and this one reminded me a lot of Mysterious Island the second one. I've played for about an hour and a half and up to Chapter 10, so it may be shorter than most adventure games, but still lots of fun. Love the parrot!

Thanks Robin for the walkthrough!

WildGreed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WildGreed on Nov 7, 09 11:27 PM
Enjoyed this game very much, only had to consult the walkthrough on two items. I do wonder why I had to pick up a slate and chalk, and I also never did get to do the strange symbols under water puzzle. Maybe they are just a game oversight.

[Post New]by captmidnight on Nov 20, 09 10:12 AM
I put the one solider together and took the hammer and and hit the 4 spots on the wall. The door opened and jim blew the elk horn, but the skeleton did not fall. Now what?

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Jan 13, 10 4:37 PM
I really enjoyed this game, especially the scenery and knot tying segments. I can't wait to go back and actually try them in real life, I've heard from other reviewers that you can actually tie those knots using the given instructions, they're not just for show. The romance part of the plot was a little ... interesting, but I really liked it. Had a bit of trouble with the idol, but I think if I try the game again I might be able to make a little more sense of how to solve it so I won't have to sneak a peak at the walkthrough again. I love these large adventure games with limited or no HOG's. Please keep up this nice variety BF

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Jan 25, 10 4:39 PM
What a good, solid, LFA game! to BFG for offering it! No glitches, except for a floaty cursor on the menu screen.

Not too difficult, (puzzle-wise), & very fun to solve the game using the riddle. I would most certainly recommend this game to someone who wants a nice LFG. An enjoyment to those who have played many of this type, & a great choice for beginners!

4 stars/ 5 stars

(because the floaty cursor lasted the whole game)

[Post New]by elsrgv on Feb 22, 10 5:22 AM
Just downloaded this game from Big Fish and it freezes up...aargh! Even the map and knot tying are just brownish squares...guess I don't have a powerful enough computer? Oh, well...

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 10, 10 6:49 PM
Destination: Treasure Island

This is a large file adventure game, over a gigabyte in size. Nice graphics, narrated story and... ACK! The dreaded 360 degree perspective! Much like Return to Mysterious Island, any items you pick up go into a kind of pile, from whence you can place into slots in the order you choose. To access the menu, inventory, etc, just right-click your mouse.

When the game first opens, you're left with a sense of, "OK... no instructions, what am I supposed to do??" A little looking about will reveal that your cursor will change when you mouse-over an object that you can interact with.

I really love that there are built-in hints. If you've got part of the problem figured out, but need more help, you don't necessarily need to go look up the solution: you can get a written and/or verbal hint - sometimes both. Like Green Moon, there is a journal that keeps track of what you supposed to do, and items are crossed off the list when you complete these tasks. Still, don't be mistaken, this game does not hold your hand. Like most adventure games, there is a LOT you have to figure out on your own!

I lasted a bit over 20 minutes without having to go to the walkthrough to see what I'd missed Problem is that something I missed was in a place I couldn't go back to, so my tasks are slightly different than in the walkthrough.

Story - Interesting follow-up to the classic Treasure Island story.
Graphics - Lush and beautifully rendered.
Perspective - 360 degrees - where you move the mouse is where you see.
Music - Very nice, appropriate for the atmosphere and I did not have to turn it down.
Game Play - More intuitive than many adventure games, but still very challenging.

DON'T FORGET! True adventure games (such as this) require MANUAL saves!

I think that those that enjoy adventure games (and can take the 360-degree view) will definitely like this game... Unless you don't like pirates, tropical islands or talking Macaws

[Post New]by minniesamson on Jun 27, 10 10:56 AM
I wonder how many people who has bought this game just to find that it was incompatible with Windows 7.
Why not worn us about this problem or do something to fix it.

bugsnuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bugsnuts on Oct 15, 10 5:53 PM
Loved this game!!

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Nov 25, 10 12:24 AM
I have learned the hard way that if there is no trial vertion. It's a no for me to buy it.Why are they offering a game without a trail

[Post New]by zolori on Nov 26, 10 1:35 AM
How did you find out that it is not compatible with W7?

minniesamson wrote:I wonder how many people who has bought this game just to find that it was incompatible with Windows 7.
Why not worn us about this problem or do something to fix it.

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 1:36:39 AM PST

[Post New]by petitpoisson on Dec 1, 10 10:27 AM
CPU: 800 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 1387 MB

When it doesn't say Windows 7 you may bet it won't run in W7

miazuldecielo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by miazuldecielo on Jan 12, 12 5:49 AM
I found myself having to use the walkthrough way too much for this game. Too bad I couldn't try it before buying. Also, I did not like the way the cursor moves!! All in all, did not like it.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 12, 13 4:10 PM
I truly enjoyed this game. This is the type that piqued my interest in games, yea these many years ago. More please!

Go to: