Random (game) Thoughts 101

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

Re:Random (game) Thoughts 101

[Post New]by deeziner on Jul 1, 16 10:02 AM
I was just in the Blacksmith HOS and realized as I mentally said each item I found that "Oilcan" always sounds...in my head....like it was said by Tinman from the "Wizard of Oz". Remember when Dorothy and the Tinman met...."Oil-can.....oil-can."

Just a random thought...

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 1, 16 1:27 PM
Have you ever noticed Oeland's eyes glow occasionally just like an angry Goa'uld?
I thought he was just supposed to be a werewolf, not an alien-symbiont-possessed werewolf!

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 1, 16 4:07 PM
Jackie34918 wrote:Desertdruid, the danger of leaving a sleeping pet on your game is you can accidentally click on him and you may lose gems. I know because it happened to me a few times. So I don't leave a sleeping pet on my screen anymore.

Me too! Ugh, that sinking feeling when ya absentmindedly click in the corner intending to hit the daily task, or it's a "buttclick" or whatever, and realize you hit the "recharge for only a million diamonds" instead. Nooooooooooooo!

So yeah.... I feed, then I let that pet sleep off the food-coma in peace... trotting out whatever pet makes me smile (and isn't too expensive if I accidentally feed him/her).

Edited on 07/01/2016 at 4:21:46 PM PST

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 1, 16 4:21 PM
Oh yeah, and speaking of pets (but IRL).. I live with 2 rabbits and before them had 2 others almost 10 yrs. There is NO WAY they--or any self-respecting rabbit--would stay 5 seconds that Well without demolishing the cherry and putting a pretty good hurtin' on the apple too. And blueberries, grapes, peaches, plums or pineapples if available. Probably also cinnamon & ferns. Might even try the candy in there, even tho they shouldn't (& rabbits must never eat chocolate! Trust me on this.)

So either the MC rabbits are enchanted to behave themselves, or I'm calling BS. WIthout magical intervention, these Castle rabbits passively sharing a room with fruit would have to hand in their rabbit ID cards
()() bzo

PS Free the Griffin!

Phayta
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by Phayta on Jul 1, 16 10:05 PM
With all the sweets in this game (cake, candy, chocolate, candy cane, etc) I'm surprised I haven't seen a cookie yet. Or ice cream for that matter.

1blazer1
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by 1blazer1 on Jul 1, 16 11:48 PM
Phayta, there is an icecream cone in the Arbor HOS in the Elvyn Forest.

DeeDee

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 2, 16 6:41 AM
There are cookies in the Treetop Office & at the Pond of Life Shallow Waters scene. They are just called "biscuit" instead of cookie. Very British.
And there's ice cream in the Booklover's Shop, too, but the one in the Arbor looks much yummier!

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 3, 16 12:54 PM
Desertdruid wrote:There are cookies in the Treetop Office & at the Pond of Life Shallow Waters scene. They are just called "biscuit" instead of cookie. Very British.

Yeah ok, I thought the "biscuit" looked not so much like a -and-gravy or McBreakfast biscuit and more like the yummies in the "Biscuits" section at Tescos [a UK supermarket]. Too bad they didn't also British-ize by calling the sausages "bangers" so we could have a laugh at that! (then again, googling that would be unpleasant )

Does anyone else fantasize that the "Croissant" is filled with chocolate?

*Edited for clarity. I usually live in the US and don't know the names of half the supermarkets in many states

Edited on 07/03/2016 at 12:57:51 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 3, 16 1:57 PM
I haven't even thought of chocolate croissants in decades! I went through the whole croissant-obsession thing in the 80's - cheese croissants for breakfast, turkey croissants for lunch, chocolate croissants for afternoon snacks. I am SOOO over croissants now!

What I want is that chocolate caramel that shows up everywhere!

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 4, 16 3:10 PM
My thoughts in order:
1) Holy wow, I would LOVE to have a croissant period where I eat so many I get sick of them! I've had 1 a week tops (the choco kind, pain au chocolat fancy) 'cuz the dorm Common Room put 'em out free Sunday mornings and I was on a student budget. Nothing beat free choco croissants at the time!
2) More chocolate caramels? Second the motion!
3) Also let's get more cake please. That carrot cake lookin' thing in the ?Confessional? looks positively sinful hehe..
4) On second thought, NO I wouldn't wanna croissant-out. Can sorta empathize: hard to believe, but one winter/Christmas I baked so much that even butter and brown sugar smelled ugh towards the end. I know! Seriously, soooo much baking. DH was stationed in Korea alone, and it was our first Christmas married. All his soldiers were depressed from being away from fam and I didn't want them to a) be any more bummed than possible, or b) resent HIM for getting fresh-baked goodies. So I tried to send enough for his whole platoon. Never will I ever try that again... tho I'm glad I did of course (Epilogue: It didn't stick, I was back to slobbering at the aroma by the nxt yr).

-> ...just sitting here waiting for a break in the rain to go out & grill. Looks like it might be a "Tyson Holyfield" indoor grill night. I know it's a Foreman grill but I call it that to troll any super-duper-macho men around...

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 5, 16 8:43 AM
I'm familiar with the baking-burnout also. When I was 1st married & very broke, I baked banana bread for everybody for Christmas - brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, coworkers. At least 30 loaves. I lost count. I have no desire to make it anymore, much to the hubby's dismay.

But the carrot cake… that's a different matter entirely.

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 5, 16 3:10 PM
gertie0513 wrote:I wonder why the crab at the dice table and others elsewhere are moving. Live crabs are blue/green. Cooked crabs are orange. Zombie crabs?
Gertie

I just re-read this thread 'cuz it makes me smile. THIS has not been addressed.

My word. ZOMBIE CRABS? The Crabwalking Dead? Night Of the Living Crabs? Ayeeeeii!

Or.. are they dead, proper "ex crabs" that have ceased to be.. but have since been reanimated? FRANKENCRABS?! Where's Igor? What's going on??

So many mysteries!
Free the Griffin

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jul 5, 16 3:25 PM
Had missed Gertie's post...............LOL the two of ya!

[Post New]by LikelyC on Jul 5, 16 3:34 PM
I need to do five quest, but never get any except three???

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 7, 16 11:33 AM
LikelyC, sorry to hear, I know 3/5/10 parters are "random" but it's bizarre how different ppl's experiences have been. Hope you've gotten a 5 by now, even if you had to bust through a couple 3s to get it (there are plenty of forum threads on this, you're not alone.)

Another random thought: Since when do they allow ice cream cones in book shops? And where do I find one of these shops IRL? Coffee's great, but I think most ppl would much prefer ice cream. Or froyo/gelato/sorbet/coconut|cashew|almond-cream. Not picky here!

Would also love to see some cheesecakes around the castle. We could use the cherries & blueberries as toppings!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 10, 16 2:44 PM
Borkzorkorc wrote:
gertie0513 wrote:I wonder why the crab at the dice table and others elsewhere are moving. Live crabs are blue/green. Cooked crabs are orange. Zombie crabs?
Gertie

THIS has not been addressed.

My word. ZOMBIE CRABS? The Crabwalking Dead? Night Of the Living Crabs? Ayeeeeii!

Or.. are they dead, proper "ex crabs" that have ceased to be.. but have since been reanimated? FRANKENCRABS?! Where's Igor? What's going on??

So many mysteries!
Free the Griffin

LOL! I love it!
Crabwalking Dead!
Night of the Living Crabs!
Frankencrabs!
Oh, the visuals….…

Lions & Tigers & Bears! Oh my!

And yes, FREE the GRIFFIN!

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 10, 16 7:55 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
Crabwalking Dead!
Night of the Living Crabs!
Frankencrabs!
Oh, the visuals….…

Lions & Tigers & Bears! Oh my!

And yes, FREE the GRIFFIN!

Ho ho, a friend (non-MC) texted me a picture of a red (cooked) crab posed like he was eating some Corn On The Cob on her plate. I busted up laughing here, like so hard. In my head, he was Zombie Crabbie going, "BRAINS are fattening, I'm trying to go veg..." Heee!

I just noticed there's no Lion pet! Hopping Tiger, check. Li'l White Bear, check. Manticores are part lion, right? Tho that hardly counts... Or is there a lion in the Advanced new pets?
At least we have the "and your little dog [puppy] too!"

free the griffin!
<-- Oh! Hey, just thought: I wonder if this is why our pet griffins are so horrible to us, giving only wood and iron? Like, solidarity with this poor guy? If so I can't even be mad at mine anymore. Much.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 10, 16 10:42 PM
But of course! That's probably Papa Griffin up there in those chains, being humiliated with clothespins & bowties & sticks in his feathers! I'd be pretty angry with us, too!

Free the Griffin!

Stina_E
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Stina_E on Jul 11, 16 1:14 AM
While I'd be happy to see the griffin free of his shackes, I worry more about the poor hawk in Armor and Banners. It's been sitting miserably on that shelf, trying to get free of its hood, for years now.

As for the carrot cake, I'm sure it's stale, covered with cobwebs and rat droppings, and probably poisoned for good measure. Just sayin'.

[Post New]by hawaiiandiane on Jul 11, 16 11:34 AM
Aloha!
Just finished reading this thread and was quite amused. Ya'll are Funny! I was particularly struck by the "Free the Griffin" movement afoot, as I thought much the same things when I first opened the Stall. How humiliating, I thought. Such magnificent creatures, griffins. No wonder he looks grumpy, with bows and ribbons in his mane! Also love the "Frankencrabs" thing too; I wondered the same thing. Have they never seen a live one? Playing as Dinah, slowing down so I don't hit the wall at Level 71 too soon. out.

Go to: