Re:Comments and reviews The Secrets of Da Vinci

[Post New]by MissD25 on Dec 23, 09 8:12 AM
i cant find a walkthru for this game and im stuck lol can anyone help

[Post New]by Gypsey1 on Dec 25, 09 7:09 AM
Hi everyone, Merry Christmas,
Just finished this game and I loved it. My first adventure type game. Thought the graphics were great, story line interesting, and loved all the puzzles and gadgets. Happy gaming!
You probably need broadband connection to download it, same as a movie.

[Post New]by fibiana on Jan 5, 10 4:44 PM
I've just purchased the game. Can't play it anymore. After the first 5 minutes I was so dizzy, I had to lay down. I asked my sister to try it, she felt dizzy too! I think it was a waste of money. I think Big Fish should give the players the opportunity to play it for 60 min, I'll bet there will be only a few takers.

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Jan 13, 10 4:17 PM
I absolutely loved this game, especially the end of the game where it suggests that if you play your moral compass just right you can leave with a companion. I will definitely play this one over and over again. I like the variety provided by the setup and design. The 360 didn't bother me, but maybe mine was already set to slow. I didn't feel it took very much to get used to it. There were a couple of scenarios that I didn't feel came as obvious as the walkthrough presented whenever I needed a hint to move on. The paper mache, for example, wasn't what I would imagine creating from what I created it from. It was a lot of fun going back to my organic chemistry days with the distiller . I highly recommend it for adventurers and look forward to finding another game like it on here. I enjoy hidden puzzles, but it's really nice to get a good story without those particle challenges.

punkindurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by punkindurl on Jan 24, 10 9:17 AM
Excellent! I'm finished, and it's great knowing the game can be played again, but played differently based upon your own choices. Rare in a game.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 20, 10 9:52 PM
MissD25 wrote:i cant find a walkthru for this game and im stuck lol can anyone help

We have a walkthrough posted here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-secrets-of-da-vinci-walkthrough

[Post New]by CaymanTurtle on Jun 4, 10 4:44 PM
I love this game!! It ranks up there with Syberia 1 and 2 and Nostradamus. I just finished it (no walkthrough help needed) and it was a challenge, which is what I enjoy with these games. You actually have to think about things instead of having the obvious answers pointed out to you, but the solutions are logical. I had to take a couple breaks and get away for a while and think about some of the puzzles but I completed the game without any outside help from walkthroughs.

Amazing game - would LOVE to see more like it! I have a game credit burning a hole in my pocket!

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 4:02:29 PM PST

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Nov 15, 10 10:01 AM
giggyann wrote:No trial version, no sale for me. Without knowing how the 360 is going to make me feel.....nope. Guess I'll have to wait to hear more reviews. What do you all think? Is it worth my one lonely credit?
giggyann

I think that way too. The only game I ever bought without a trial was The Color of Murder (which is an awesome game btw), but it didn't have reviews about nausea with the 360 view!

qweeenb
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Download

[Post New]by qweeenb on Nov 15, 10 12:46 PM
(Removed by moderator) Sorry if I'm not supposed to say that!!

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 5:07:43 AM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 15, 10 7:48 PM
The Secrets of Da Vinci (LFA)

Motion sickness WARNING: This is a 360 degree game: Every millimeter you move the cursor will change your perspective.

Options include Subtitle (text during voice-acting), Speed and a Volume Slider. The game does play well in wide-screen.

This is a Large File Adventure Game, and for those who are not used to this kind of game, you need to click everywhere, interact with anything and anyone you run across and SAVE OFTEN. Unlike casual adventures, you MUST save manually - and do so often, lest ye lose your progress!

The in-game Menu is accessed by right-clicking. In this menu you will see your inventory items, your journal (which tracks important information), a compass (which will take you to the main menu) and an icon that will close the in-game menu. You have a choice of 5 different icons when you start up the game.

To use an item from your inventory, left-click on the item (so that you're holding it), then right-click to close the menu. You will see the item you're holding in the upper-left corner of the scene.

Also in the in-game menu is an angel/devil meter. You start out even, but the choices you make during the game will reveal your good intentions ... or your devilish deeds

The 3-D graphics are quite lovely, but a bit on the dark side to begin with. It IS nighttime, after all. Your monitor's brightness control is your friend!

The music is more ambiance than anything else - nice and environmental, appropriate to the story.

The first voice you hear is a bit odd... it has a strange cadence to it, but luckily, it's not a voice you hear for very long. I rather like the main character's (that would be us) voice, it suits him.

I will give you an example of the kind of thing you will run into in this game, and I'll try not to be too specific. Just in case you don't want spoilers of any kind, I have written this part in invisible ink (highlight the text to read):

I found a ladder, and I know that I need to use it to get to a window... but you have to FIND where the ladder goes. There is no hint where, exactly, this might be.

A-hah! I've found the right location and the right place to put my cursor.

Place the ladder, try to go up... and the ladder breaks.

(continued...)

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 9:20:23 AM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 16, 10 9:21 AM
(...continued)

What do I do now? Well, you just have to figure that out! That is what adventuring is all about - exploring everywhere and everything, and frequently being stumped as to what you're supposed to do next! The whole game is a puzzle for you to solve, and if you enjoy a challenge, you'll have a blast.

If you are used to casual games, this may be frustrating for you. This is a true adventure game with little direction. I had to wander for quite a while before my character finally gave me a hint on where I should be looking. There is no task list, no flashing journal, no maps... you have to track everything for yourself. You do have a journal (right-click to find it), and it will have extra story, info on characters you've met and places you've been, but you have to remember to go and look at it

Your cursor WILL change when there is something to be interacted with, a major plus for me since the 360 perspective can be a bit daunting (there's just so MUCH to look at!). Your cursor will show a directional arrow when you can move in a certain direction, and it will turn into gears when there's something to be interacted with.

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR GAME!! OFTEN!!

I really do enjoy the graphics of the game, I like the ambiance, the story is interesting, and I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Definitely give this game a try if you enjoy a good, challenging game

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 9:21:41 AM PST

bandonkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bandonkr on Nov 20, 10 2:51 PM
Well, I will never again download a game I can't try.

I played for awhile, downloaded the walk through etc. I couldn't figure out where I had gotten to before I got the guide. I did not enjoyed wondering where I could ot kep track of where I was. I came down stairs. My mind was on getting to the bottm and doing something. I did not look back up the stairs so I could find then again. Argh.

All in all not fun for me. I like the games of medium difficulty and because of the 360 view (yes I slowed it down and it didn't help much) I didn't like investigating.

I am so glad there are those of you who like this sort of game - every game needs a following - but I am sorry I did not read the forums in more detail before I purchased.

Atardecer
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Atardecer on Nov 27, 10 2:58 PM
Hi everybody, I just want to know of this game is worht it. I just pay Syberia and Syberia II, and they were great. I need to find a game that challenges me. What do you think guys?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Nov 27, 10 3:30 PM
Atardecer wrote:Hi everybody, I just want to know of this game is worht it. I just pay Syberia and Syberia II, and they were great. I need to find a game that challenges me. What do you think guys?

Well my favorite Large File adventure game,so far is Chronicles Of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual,so I have to recommend that one. However, I think I'm going to love Secrets Of Da Vinci also.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 3:31:44 PM PST

[Post New]by friedclam on Dec 6, 10 5:25 PM
I just finished playing this adventure-type game (vs. strict Hidden Object) and I really enjoyed it. I opted to slow the speed to prevent dizziness which worked fine. The exploration of the manor (castle) was different and fun and it wasn't visually dark. There was a meaningful point to all tasks, the music was appropriate for the setting, pleasing and very well done. There were unusual and challenging puzzles and interesting characters with just enough dialog to understand their purpose and the meaningful story. I did need the walkthrough to do all that was expected throughout the entire adventure and I still consulted the BFG Forum when I got stuck. I played it over the course of two weeks. It is important to save your progress every time before exiting the game. I would recommend this game enthusiastically as great fun with replay value.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 5:27:06 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 16, 11 3:24 PM
Bought this as a DD back in November. I cannot play the game. The controls are impossible for me. What a disappointment. It is absolutely the last time I will ever purchase a game without a demo. I realize it was only $2.99, but it was still money thrown down the drain. I've read through 4 different walkthroughs, followed them, and cannot do the simplest things (pour the milk). On the whole, I love the games I have purchased from Big Fish, but certainly not this one. I've finally decided to uninstall it and forget about it and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Patzilla
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Patzilla on Apr 24, 11 7:05 AM
I personally enjoyed it a lot, but I'm facinated by Da Vinci's works. If you're a history buff, you'll love it. Graphics are beautiful and I found it really challenging, though I find most of them challenging LOL

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Oct 5, 11 11:21 PM
I didn't get this game from BFG - I bought it on CD-ROM a few years ago for my husband's birthday. We both played and beat it on our separate computers and enjoyed it very much. It's got beautiful graphics, a complex storyline, and plenty of twists. I'm surprised by people who had difficulty with the motion aspect, unless the BFG version is very different from the one I have; I'm sensitive to such things and I had no problem with it at all. I definitely recommend it to those who love a good long game that requires plenty of thinking!

ohnut
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by ohnut on Feb 11, 13 12:54 PM
This game is awful, nothing works, poor directions. What a waste of money!

Go to: