castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

Re:Trapped: The Abduction comments and reviews

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 27, 09 6:42 PM
Well I am part way through the game now and have been waiting for something offensive or creepy. I am sorry but the game is a JOKE. I am loving it, but I really don't know how someone could take it seriously. Firstly the "Keepers" voice and come backs are like a grade 8's. and she just finished dressing up the mannequin. I mean come on now.

It is like a great " B HALLOWEEN MOVIE" Easy game, great for this time of year and almost comical.

lovin it!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 27, 09 7:28 PM
This game has a pretty good storyline and theme, however, for some, the theme might be a little "out there," dark, and even disturbing. If so, this might not be a game to play. The graphics are good and the objects are pretty true to form -- what they say they are, they are. There are 32 chapters, I made it through 14, using only 5 hints, only because I was impatient and wanted to move to the next chapter before my 60 minutes was up . This game is not timed and you have both HOs and interaction. There are a lot of HOs in the **** scenes and they were enjoyable to play. You will have to use your wits to figure out the interaction. This is a good change to other interaction-adventures.

Looking for the "spooky" for the holiday, this one falls into that categogy.

The abductor is a bit long winding in dialogue, and you cannot skip. This may frustrate some. You can use as many hints as you want, but you do have to wait for the hints to regenerate.

Based upon other comments, there seems to be some replay value, signing in under another name gives you different objects.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I will purchase -- the game falls in the easy category.

Bottomline -- I give it 3-1/2 . -- Good storyline, diversity of activities, good graphics, different, and it can be addictive.

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Oct 27, 09 7:43 PM
I have to agree with two different points of view. #! - I do agree that if you do not like a game or its subject you do not have to buy or play. #2. However I also must agree with the folks who object to this game due to its subject. There are many other subjects that could make a game creepy or scary but violence against women and serial type criminals with women as the target is just in very poor taste no matter how you cut it. It is scary to me to know there are guys out there that will really like the fun they get out of this game........ Having myself been a victim many years ago of a serial criminal type this is one game I will certainly skip!

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Oct 27, 09 8:01 PM
As a fan of horror movies, I loved this game. It was a campy version of Saw. The game was somewhat easy but since the storyline/theme was different from the recent games, I quite enjoyed it.

Thanks BFG! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 27, 09 8:09 PM
This game has two things I like best in a game-hidden objects and interaction. However, I must say, I have to agree with jacquelinesue. In a way, it seems that having a game with a woman being the victim of a crime, almost glorifies such crimes. Maybe glorifies isn't the word but, anyway, it would be better to have games with other subjects. Fortunately, I haven't been the victim of such a horrible crime but I really feel for those who have. On the other hand, I am all for freedom of choice, unless the subject gets to be really vulgar with bad language, etc.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Oct 27, 09 8:34 PM
I thought it was too easy, and annoying to have to click on the ? and then find whatever object it told you to find during the puzzles--as someone else said, I would have preferred to try to put things together myself without so much help.

I also found the dialogue to be not all that scary, I found myself making snarky comments in reply to things said both by the kidnapper and by Helene...Of course, perhaps if I had waited until tonight to play and had turned all the lights off, I would have felt differently!

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Oct 27, 09 9:07 PM
This was a pretty good game, good storyline and graphics. The only thing that got on my nerves was the dialogue between the valley girl and the Jigsaw wanna-be.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 27, 09 9:35 PM
I like that , Valley Girl and Jigsaw wanna be lol........to a tee lol

Miss Clairol

[Post New]by Abbria on Oct 27, 09 10:38 PM
I was on the fence about this game given what I had read on the forums. I initally thought that the "obsene" and "offensive" comments were a bit too overboard for a game. After playing the trial (and having some experience in the Domestic Violence field) I don't think it's necessarily obsene, but understand how it could strike a negative chord with some folks. I think so much of this controversy could be solved with a male being the abductee.

On to the game, creepy yes, fun... oh 3/5 stars. I'll save my credit, but do love a creepy game.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Oct 28, 09 12:10 AM
Oh I do like drama. I'm buying it just cus it created debates here.

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Oct 28, 09 3:08 AM
I definately would not recommend this game for anyone with young or sensitive children, or the faint-of-heart. Difficult theme may lead to nightmares...a little on the scary side!
After playing the demo, I found it disturbing - but also compelling.
I HAD to by it and finish it in one sitting. Entire play-time for me was about 2.5 hours.
I liked how you have to find objects that help you progress in the game and ultimately help the "victim" in the end. At the close it looks like there is plenty of room for a sequel.
Very creepy kidnapper voice and fairly believable victim.

1LIR
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by 1LIR on Oct 28, 09 5:35 AM
Sounds like a very interesting game. I wasn't able to get very far. I open the hatch, but could never get the hidden objects to come up next. I d/l twice but each time it was the same thing. The hint button didn't work either. Oh! Well. Sounds like it would have been fun.

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by kithain on Oct 28, 09 7:28 AM

"I have read many of the comments here on BF about this game. I even attempted to play a little of it. Self help if you will in that I hoped it would help me see things like this in the light of a story instead of reality. For those of us who have been in these shoes, it is a bit disturbing. Not pinning this on BF at all, our choice to play or not. I just may be able to use it to vent on and actually help get past a few issues I thought were long since buried. It is, in fact, very creepy to hear that voice, but I will try to play it again just to show myself I can. Thanks for the chance to use something as simple as a game to help overcome leftover issues BF. "

HeideO- Good luck working through your issues. From working with survivors, I've heard this is often very cathartic and helpful. But it doesn't work for everyone. So don't push yourself if it doesn't seem to be working. Again, good luck.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Oct 28, 09 9:13 PM
kishimojun Be serious. A little overreactive, eh? Watching too many SAW movies???

Anyway, I have to agree with Tinor, ForensicMD and others who feel this topic is inappropriate. Someone in BF has a very dark mind--- kidnapping of women and children, murder, gore and things that go bump in the night. As for me, I prefer to walk on the path of light and leave the "other side's" things to those of the other side.

kishimojun wrote:Someone calling for a game to be pulled is a call for censorship and EVERY reason to get snarky!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Oct 28, 09 9:37 PM
I am very happy to be on the other side from you. Overreactive? Not even a little bit.

[Post New]by 30AndHolding on Oct 28, 09 9:45 PM
Sorry, but I didn't find it creepy or anything. Agreed, the demo hooked me but it bothers me that the game doesn't even try to be intuitive. Kind of baby steps all the way.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 29, 09 2:00 AM
I found this game very good, it is different from many others hogs. The items are easy to find and the graphic is okay. I will purchase it!

Edited on 10/29/2009 at 12:35:58 PM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Oct 29, 09 2:06 AM
i am enjoying this game so much, i have played on and off for a couple of days, dont know how long i have left as i have not looked at the walkthrough, i found a couple of bits hard so far, but not too bad, the objects are mainly easy to find with a couple of exceptions....yes, really enjoying it x x

[Post New]by mspetuniapea on Oct 29, 09 10:17 PM
I find the theme disturbing. With all the violence in the world, this to me is too close to home. Please do not let any child play this game!
Also, I found the man making that horrible, chilling voice... annoying.
On the plus side, it is an average game. I've played a lot of games and this about
B game. Happy gaming guys.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 30, 09 10:29 AM
enjoyed the game but I am not sure why they just took most of the scenes from The Hidden Object Show Season 1 and just reused them.

I thought that too LOL There was one scene I swear was the exact same rm!

Go to: