Shanghai - Level Help

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level 28-1

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 21, 16 8:38 AM
Loonz111 wrote:I somehow can't beat this level, lost many lives... I was able to get rid of the timed bombs only once before running out of time, but even then I wasn't able to clear all the tiles in the amount of moves given. What am I missing, any advice?

According to my notes this is a nasty level but Intern is doable without extra moves or boosts, though I lost 7 lives to pass (BTW the bombs are not timed- you just get a certain number of moves before they explode).

After reading your post I went back and played Architect to see if I can come up with some advice (I am now leisurely playing as I have finished all PC content long ago), but the only thing I can say is that the challenge is clearing the middle section, particularly the upper part, as it's very difficult to make matches or use line boosts or bombs there due to the board layout (assuming it's not too different from Intern, that is). So your best bet is to use a bolt (which is hard to create) to clear some chained gummies in that area. Once they are free and all cells below are filled with gummies, it will not be that difficult to reach the score. That's how I passed Architect after several tries. Funny thing is, at one time I was sure I had passed as I had just made the score, and did not even think it strange that the wheel appeared- it was only when I saw my last life go down the drain that it hit me! I still don't know what I had missed, obviously some tile! Good luck!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 21, 16 11:10 AM
Hi Loonz111,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Shanghai, Level 28-1. I agree with eli173 that the board layout does make it difficult to get tiles on certain sections of the board. Thank you for the suggestion that creating a Lightning Bolt Boost to match with a gummy helps. I did find that this helps get the tiles in areas that are bit more tricky.

To get through this level I focused on getting the timed gummy bombs out of the way first. After those were taken care of, the chained gummies were my next target. By getting rid of the chained gummies, this helped gummies appear on the board that helped me get rid of the tiles. If you are able to create a Lightning Bolt Boost to combine with the same colored gummy that is in a problematic area tile, this will end up clearing that tile. After getting all of the tiles I then focused on making the score level requirement.

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your Gummy Drop! game. They are always willing to further assist.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Mar 21, 16 11:28 AM
Eli173 and Bellerophon, thanks for the fast reply.. I'll just keep trying, never have been able to create a on this level so far.
As for contacting Customer support... I'm on PC

ETA: After reading your replies, I went back for another try, and you'll guess, at my second attempt I was able to create 3 (!) lightning bolts and beat the level with many moves left...

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 11:34:53 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 60

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 22, 16 5:03 PM
How on earth does anyone beat level 60? I've been through it a dozen times with and without bonuses and I can never get to a point where I have matches available on the sections of the board where I have tiles left. I've gotten up to 3/4 of it done before running out of moves, but usually it's less than half. What's the trick, aside from buying massive numbers of lightning bolts or shovels.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 114

[Post New]by TillyQ on Mar 24, 16 3:47 PM
Any suggestions on Level 114? I can't get enough reds to remove the corner blockers.. I've tried lighting bolts with line crushers of various colors & 2 together with no success --only 3 or 4 reds appear. I know I could use a shovel on the blockers but I only have one & not enough coins to buy more.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 114

[Post New]by TillyQ on Mar 25, 16 7:39 AM
TillyQ wrote:Any suggestions on Level 114? I can't get enough reds to remove the corner blockers.. I've tried lighting bolts with line crushers of various colors & 2 together with no success --only 3 or 4 reds appear. I know I could use a shovel on the blockers but I only have one & not enough coins to buy more.

I guess I got a lucky board today. Several lighting bolts & lots of reds. On to 115.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 25, 16 3:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

To get through Level 60, it helps to create Line Blast and Bomb Blast boosts whenever possible, since there's not any room to create Lightning Blast boosts. Detonating those Line and Bomb blasts should help you with clearing as many tiles as possible in a single move. By using this strategy, I was able to clear all the tiles and get the required number of points with greater ease.

As for Level 114, it is harder to clear because of the square enclosure in the middle of the board. However, I've found that the most effective strategy is to first concentrate on freeing the chained gummies in that middle area. Once that's done, you'll have more room to create a Lightning Blast boost which you can then combine with a red gummy. This will help you to clear the red Color Blockers in the corners. After that, it's much easier to clear the rest of the tiles and finish the level.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 26, 16 12:15 PM
For level 60 I finally gave in and bought a lighting boost then waited to use it until the end when I saw what I couldn't clear by matching. Now I'm stuck in the 70s and about to rip my hair out. Enough "fun" for one day.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level 53-3

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Apr 18, 16 8:38 AM
On this level there are yellow 'filler bombs' but never enough yellow gummies to fill them up. Lost countless lives trying. I know I can use shovels to get rid of them, but this needs to be adjusted....

Edited on 04/18/2016 at 8:39:50 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level 53-3

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 18, 16 9:21 AM
Loonz111 wrote:On this level there are yellow 'filler bombs' but never enough yellow gummies to fill them up. Lost countless lives trying. I know I can use shovels to get rid of them, but this needs to be adjusted....

I passed all of the 50s quite easily, but I had the feeling they were difficult and that I just lucked out. I did not use any boosts for 53-3 Intern and Architect. So it's possible.

Mangoban
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 44

[Post New]by Mangoban on Apr 19, 16 5:09 AM
cind310 wrote:I don't see any notes on this but I have been stuck forever. What am I missing? I can't get enough yellows. And than I can't break through the bottom rows to get the other objects to drop.

I too am stuck on this level 44. Can Bellerophon help? Any tips on how to pass this level? There just are never enough yellow gummies and it is impossible to get the score necessary.

[Post New]by jday3144 on Apr 19, 16 8:37 AM
A little unsolicited advice: On levels 111-120, it's a good idea to save up as much gold beforehand as possible. - On each level, you must complete all three steps to get the little prize. - All the little prizes let you play for the 2 million gems you will need to finish the level and the city. - If the gummies don't fall just right during gameplay, the gold will buy extras to get that final piece. - Somewhere along the way, one of the scratch off tickets gave me 500 gold coins; I got more by replaying older, non-completed steps in prior cities. - Good luck!

Edited on 04/23/2016 at 1:34:14 PM PST

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help pinks

[Post New]by micbas on Apr 21, 16 1:05 AM
eli173 wrote:
fishfinder246 wrote:Eli,
There are NO, NONE, NADA, ZERO, pinks offered from levels 1-70 in Shanghai.
I'm wondering now why there haven't been a lot of players posting about this issue, any thoughts?

MISSING PINKS AT LEVEL 70

Well, I just reached 70 and building requires 1,120,000 pinks. The HH gives only 1 million and as you say there's no other way to get them. I have 75,000 in stock, from some previous HH in Shanghai, so I'm still short 45,000. It's funny that ZEBULON reports missing 118,000. I can't account for this difference, unless s/he has skipped some previous HHs and shipped instead. Ah! I may have won some in the lottery or free chests as well!

In any case, 45,000 is not such a large amount- costs 150 coins to buy or can be shipped easily if you have several ports with max capacity- which I do not. But I guess that this is why it has not been reported by others, it looks like most people here ship anyway.

Before Shanghai there was one other instance (I don't remember where), when I was missing some hats, I think, but the amount was even less so I bought them outright.

Still, all resources should be available in the current city as promised.

Players who have not reached that level yet should start shipping beforehand if they don't want to wait.

[b]I have the same problem. I need 100.000 pink gems. Buying them would cost me 350!!!! This is realy frustrating and ridicoulisness!!!! More then 70 levels (with the sub-levels) and none with pink gems!!!! Are you kidding me?

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 84

[Post New]by renatamae on Apr 21, 16 2:58 PM
After about two weeks I finally got Shanghai level 84 by matching two lightening bolts, that cleared the right side, then I just needed to get enough points to win, red gems no longer required.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 27, 16 5:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to provide some help for the levels being discussed here.

Loonz111, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been seeing enough yellow gummies in Level 53-3. I tried that level, but I wasn't seeing an unusually low number of yellow gummies. Matching those gummies fills up the color blockers relatively quickly, and so I worked on getting as many yellow gummies matched as I could. Once those went off, I used my remaining moves to create more matches and boosts to get rid of the litter that was blocking the souvenirs.

Mangoban, I understand there's been some trouble getting through Level 44. While I wasn't seeing a shortage of the yellow gummies, it took me a few tries to get through this level. I found it best to focus at first on clearing as much of the litter as I could. This helped to start to drop the souvenirs, as well as fill up the color blockers to free the 2 at the top. I had a lot of luck with the vertical line crushes, which let me drop the souvenirs quickly towards the bottom while getting rid of the litter. Once the litter and souvenirs entered the box at the bottom, I spent the rest of the level focusing maneuvering gummies around the box so that I could create matches and get work on clearing out the gummies inside.

I also understand that some players aren't seeing any Pink Gems in the first 70 levels of Shanghai, but they're being prompted to spend them to construct one of the buildings. Players shouldn't need to spend coins to get enough resources for building restorations, and I'm going to go ahead and pass the posts here along so that the right teams are aware of this issue.

If anyone continues to see that issue, is seeing a strikingly low number of gummies in a level, or is having other trouble with any of the levels, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address associated with the game. Our Reps are always happy to help as best they can.

I hope this was able to help. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 04/27/2016 at 5:15:42 PM PST

Mangoban
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level 44 help

[Post New]by Mangoban on Apr 29, 16 3:48 PM
Thank you Bellerophon. I somehow got thru 44 but now am stuck on last 10 Master Levels 111 to 120. I will keep playing them, hoping for a lucky board, but up till now, they seem impossible!!

mdamlady
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help - 89-1

[Post New]by mdamlady on May 9, 16 8:47 AM
Gummy Dummy here!!

Is there a trick to this level that I just don't see?

The bombs are positioned in such a way that the discs won't drop thru without a ton of white stars.

Are shovels the only way to clear them?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on May 13, 16 9:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the levels being discussed here.

Mangoban, I'm sorry to hear there's been some trouble completing the Master Builder tier for Levels 111 through 120. As the tiers increase those levels can definitely be more difficult to get through. What can help me in this situation is to focus on completing alike levels first, such as timed levels, before moving on to others. This helps in getting used to the tempo of those levels, and can make it easier for me to finish them.

mdamlady, I understand that you have a question about getting the souvenirs in Level 89-1, and I can definitely understand why. As you mentioned, those color blockers are positioned right under the souvenirs, adding a significant obstacle to clearing them. One method that I found worked was to try and maneuver those color blockers out of the way as I was dropping the souvenirs. By matching other gummies around them, I was able to get most of them out of the souvenirs paths so that I could drop them quickly to the bottom. I recommend focusing on moving the color blockers on the right side of the screen first, as the left side blockers will fill first from the white gummies. Additionally, creating and matching boosts as I went helped to eliminate more white gummies so I could set some of the blockers off as well. Doing this helped me to get all of the souvenirs, as well as meet the score requirement.

If there's still trouble at getting through a level, we invite you to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address associated with your account. Our Reps are able to provide customized assistance and advice, and they're always happy to help.

I hope this helped. Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

maam1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by maam1 on May 14, 16 4:07 PM
please how do I complete level 89-1 in shanghai

[Post New]by gill1958 on May 15, 16 11:58 PM
Hi I'm stuck on level 109 there's not enough time to complete the level getting fed up with trying one, please help.

Go to: