Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help 107

[Post New]by 2mcp on Nov 12, 16 9:21 AM
ClaireF_uk wrote:
Mangoban wrote:
GrandiFl wrote:Any hints for Rio 107?

I too am stuck on 107. There are never enough red and green gummies to burst the blockers. I have spent loads on extra moves but cannot do it.. Is there a trick to it?

Another one stuck here. There are never anywhere near enough red and green gummies. The most blockers I have managed to burst so far is 4, which means I'm only half way there. I have played this countless times and have now reached the point where I think I need to say Goodbye to Gummy Drops. I'm all for a challenge - but really can't be doing with impossible levels. I would willingly go back and play levels I haven't already achieved in order to obtain coins (or even buy them) in order to buy boosters - but now that the spades have stopped bursting the blockers, there is no point. If I had even got close then I would continue trying - but to only just get half way through on my best game, and more often than not only a quarter way through, it just seems pointless.

2mcp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help

[Post New]by 2mcp on Nov 12, 16 9:24 AM
And another......I have used every boost available and it is impossible to get more than 4 blockers. There must be something available to complete this level or all is lost,

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,549 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 12, 16 12:10 PM
2mcp wrote:And another......I have used every boost available and it is impossible to get more than 4 blockers. There must be something available to complete this level or all is lost,

In my experience, the problem with Rio 107 is not inadequate colored gummies, but inadequate number of moves. I had to use 2x5 extra moves for Intern, but was able to pass Architect without anything extra.

PS Playing on PC.

Edited on 11/12/2016 at 12:11:06 PM PST

Patchulie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Patchulie on Dec 2, 16 8:42 PM
yup, I'm stuck on 107 as well. Not enough red and green, not enough moves, the shovels don't help.... not sure what to do next.

UPDATE - I bought two sets of 5 lives to pass the first level. Argghhh!

Edited on 12/02/2016 at 9:30:06 PM PST

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Jan 2, 17 2:08 PM
Stuck also, same problem as everyone else reports - you cannot get enough of the reds and greens to burst the blockers.

I wonder if any of the Mods has encountered this?

7ruhnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by 7ruhnr on Jan 4, 17 3:34 PM
This level 107 is truly nasty. I am ready to give up also. There must be a trick to it like that really nasty one in New Orleans.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,549 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 5, 17 7:21 AM
7ruhnr wrote:This level 107 is truly nasty. I am ready to give up also. There must be a trick to it like that really nasty one in New Orleans.

As I said in my post above, it's doable with extra moves, there's no trick to it. If you are referring to NOLA 16, that was due to a glitch which prevented souvenirs from entering the exit columns.

Edited on 01/05/2017 at 7:25:26 AM PST

maam1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by maam1 on Jan 18, 17 1:59 PM
need help on level 97 intern, not enough moves to complete

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,549 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 18, 17 2:42 PM
maam1 wrote:need help on level 97 intern, not enough moves to complete

Sorry, I coudn't pass the level either, it's one of the nasty ones. I had to use 2x5 moves plus a shovel!

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on Jan 19, 17 8:01 AM
2mcp wrote:
ClaireF_uk wrote:
Mangoban wrote:

I too am stuck on 107. There are never enough red and green gummies to burst the blockers. I have spent loads on extra moves but cannot do it.. Is there a trick to it?

Another one stuck here. There are never anywhere near enough red and green gummies. The most blockers I have managed to burst so far is 4, which means I'm only half way there. I have played this countless times and have now reached the point where I think I need to say Goodbye to Gummy Drops. I'm all for a challenge - but really can't be doing with impossible levels. I would willingly go back and play levels I haven't already achieved in order to obtain coins (or even buy them) in order to buy boosters - but now that the spades have stopped bursting the blockers, there is no point. If I had even got close then I would continue trying - but to only just get half way through on my best game, and more often than not only a quarter way through, it just seems pointless.

I'm also stuck on Rio Level 107. I know I need lightning bolts but they're so difficult to get and then when you get one you can't get it to line up with a green or red gummy.

There are lots of people asking for help with this level. Why isn't the moderator answering us?

bfgIlinalta
3,382 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 19, 17 1:03 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to discuss level advice and tips for Rio de Janeiro's levels. I've noticed that there are quite a few players asking about Rio de Janeiro level 107 Intern tier and how to pass this level, and I'd like to provide how I was able to do so without using purchases.

In Rio de Janeiro 107 Intern, there are 8 souvenirs behind color blockers that need to be filled and destroyed before they can reach the bottom of the screen. You'll notice that only green and red gummies do this, but there are five colors. This is a harder level to finish, but is indeed possible. Here's how I was able to do that:

1. When starting, try to match the vertical boost pink gummy in the center of the board. Use turns to get pink gummies into position if it is not already available. This will clear a lot of the stickers from the board and make the rest of the level easier.

2. Make matches favoring the following in order:
a. Red and Green matches that create boosts and are near the bottom or can clear stickers, preferably both.
b. Red and Green matches near the bottom and/or clears stickers.
c. Other gummy matches that create boosts and/or clear stickers.
d. Other gummy matches near the bottom and/or clears stickers.
Using this priority list, you should be able to clear most stickers, generate helpful boosts, and hopefully unlock a few color blockers for the next part

3. Keep matching red and greens once most of the stickers are out of the way. If you are unable to do so (which is likely), use some of the boosts you've created along the way. The best thing to try to do is use boosts near the bottom or switch them with one another so that the most gummies possible are removed from the board. This will help clear single reds and greens as well as other non-reds and non-greens as efficiently as possible.

By doing this, you should be able to unlock all the red/green color blockers and win the level with about 3-10 turns to spare (depending on luck). Sometimes, however, the board will be unfriendly and even using the above tips, you may run out of moves and need to either restart or use extra moves if you'd rather not. However, I have been able to consistently complete the Intern level using the above.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 01/19/2017 at 1:04:20 PM PST

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on Jan 23, 17 6:15 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to discuss level advice and tips for Rio de Janeiro's levels. I've noticed that there are quite a few players asking about Rio de Janeiro level 107 Intern tier and how to pass this level, and I'd like to provide how I was able to do so without using purchases.

In Rio de Janeiro 107 Intern, there are 8 souvenirs behind color blockers that need to be filled and destroyed before they can reach the bottom of the screen. You'll notice that only green and red gummies do this, but there are five colors. This is a harder level to finish, but is indeed possible. Here's how I was able to do that:

1. When starting, try to match the vertical boost pink gummy in the center of the board. Use turns to get pink gummies into position if it is not already available. This will clear a lot of the stickers from the board and make the rest of the level easier.

2. Make matches favoring the following in order:
a. Red and Green matches that create boosts and are near the bottom or can clear stickers, preferably both.
b. Red and Green matches near the bottom and/or clears stickers.
c. Other gummy matches that create boosts and/or clear stickers.
d. Other gummy matches near the bottom and/or clears stickers.
Using this priority list, you should be able to clear most stickers, generate helpful boosts, and hopefully unlock a few color blockers for the next part

3. Keep matching red and greens once most of the stickers are out of the way. If you are unable to do so (which is likely), use some of the boosts you've created along the way. The best thing to try to do is use boosts near the bottom or switch them with one another so that the most gummies possible are removed from the board. This will help clear single reds and greens as well as other non-reds and non-greens as efficiently as possible.

By doing this, you should be able to unlock all the red/green color blockers and win the level with about 3-10 turns to spare (depending on luck). Sometimes, however, the board will be unfriendly and even using the above tips, you may run out of moves and need to either restart or use extra moves if you'd rather not. However, I have been able to consistently complete the Intern level using the above.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlin

Re:Rio de Janeiro - Level Help 107 Intern

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on Jan 23, 17 6:18 AM
I have tried and tried and tried and tried...you get the picture...what you've recommended for Rio de Janeiro Level 107, Intern but nothing seems to work. I even worked hard to save enough to buy waterfalls but that doesn't work either.

This level is incredibly frustrating

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on Jan 24, 17 5:33 AM
At long last I finally achieved this level...YAY

I had to buy two extra lives though although I'd earned enough coins to buy three lots if needed.

Phew

Tillysmum_1 wrote:
2mcp wrote:
ClaireF_uk wrote:
Mangoban wrote:

I'm also stuck on Rio Level 107. I know I need lightning bolts but they're so difficult to get and then when you get one you can't get it to line up with a green or red gummy.

There are lots of people asking for help with this level. Why isn't the moderator answering us?

rrrrob
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Level Help 24

[Post New]by rrrrob on Apr 5, 17 5:47 PM
Okay they have adjusted the game. I got through this level on my first try with lots of moves to spare........no problem. I did have some problems with Level 23 and had to use extra moves............ and again I only needed one and lost the other 4, I still think we should get to keep those.

I reached level 50 which also had a lot of comments about how difficult it was and again passed it first attempt with moves left over. It seems the really really bad levels have been adjusted but I'm still finding Rio to be a very tough city. The monuments are easy to build as I have not had to use 1 HH yet as my shipping easily takes care of the few resources needed to build these monuments. However I'm finding it takes numerous (more than 5 times usually) to get through each intern level and even then I am sometimes having to use boosts. I think the real difficulty with Rio is they don't give you enough moves to complete the level. It feels almost like the developers played the level maybe 10 times and take the average number of moves it took to complete it then took 5-10 moves off so its almost impossible to complete with the number of moves given. Its lucky i don't have to use the HH because those side paths appear even more difficult than the main road.

Level 60 wasn't too bad either as I got it on my third attempt although I did use an extra move. I'm having some trouble with 69 and I noticed there was only one post about that one so they probably didn't adjust this one. It'll be interesting to see what they have done with 107 since there are numerous posts about that one.

Edited on 04/12/2017 at 6:06:32 PM PST

rrrrob
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Level 100

[Post New]by rrrrob on Apr 18, 17 6:46 PM
Okay not one post about this Level and I've been stuck for a while on this one. Is there a trick or do you just have to get lucky. I almost always get the three blockers to explode with the allotted moves but by that time I am down to 6 or less moves. I only get to the halfway amount for the score requirement. Once I got a lighting bolt but not lined up with a bomb or line crush.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,549 Posts

Level 100

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 18, 17 7:41 PM
rrrrob wrote:Okay not one post about this Level and I've been stuck for a while on this one. Is there a trick or do you just have to get lucky. I almost always get the three blockers to explode with the allotted moves but by that time I am down to 6 or less moves. I only get to the halfway amount for the score requirement. Once I got a lighting bolt but not lined up with a bomb or line crush.

This level is not an easy one, and it's just as you describe it: By the time you clear the board of those central stickies there are not enough moves to get the score. So, I had to use extra moves, I don't know if you can avoid that. Starting with a combo if you have them in stock also helps.

Edited on 04/18/2017 at 7:41:44 PM PST

rrrrob
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Level 100

[Post New]by rrrrob on Apr 19, 17 4:40 AM
Hi Eli:

Yes I got it soon after posting (I wonder why that works so often) but I did have to use 1 extra move (lost the other 4 of the 5 extra moves). My final move ended up with a lightening bolt right above a line crush so I sucked it up paid the 150 and that one extra move did it.

rrrrob
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Level 107

[Post New]by rrrrob on Apr 19, 17 6:20 PM
Well they don't seem to have adjusted Level 107 much. It took many tries to complete this level (about 15) and I was getting ready to buy extra turns as Eli said he did but I got kinda lucky on my last move and set of a bomb and a line boost and was able to achieve it without buying boosts although I was prepared to on that one because I was close.

rrrrob
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Level 114

[Post New]by rrrrob on Apr 21, 17 6:17 PM
This one hasn't been adjusted either and I'm hoping posting will help.

Go to: