meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:TOO MANY HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Nov 1, 09 6:29 PM
No one is putting a gun to your head to play these games. If you want to play another genre game, buy yourself a console game or go to another online game forum.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Nov 1, 09 6:38 PM
I love HOGs As someone said before, you can only create so many word games before you run out of ideas for new word games. I don't like TM games. They stress me out too much and I don't need that in my life You can play HOGs with other people. I had some friends stay with me for a couple of weeks. I got them hooked on HOGs. When one of us would start a HOG, one of us other 2 would join and sometimes all 3 of us played looking for objects. We had fun doing that.

Puzzle books have some word games in them that would make great word games for BFG if they could design them. For those that buy puzzle books I mean games like Escalators or Anagram Magic squares. They would be fun as well as a little challenging. games.

Sometimes with HOGs that have a timer, if you can find an object and there are no more hints left, at least when the timer is up, you get a new list of objects. In the Untimed mode, if you have objects you can't find and you don't have any hints left, you are stuck!! You then have to exit the game and start the level over and hope you get a new list of objects. . Especially if there is no Walkthrough.

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 8:50:59 PM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 1, 09 6:45 PM
Pish, if you had a game you loved come out daily, you'd be handing over $200/mo! Think of it as protection for your wallet

HOGs RULE!

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 1, 09 9:58 PM
Agree!! These HOG games get boring....how about a Pinball game!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 1, 09 10:51 PM
It's still demographics, we are a more mature audience judging by reading threads and by what sells. I don't sense many younger set or teens hanging out here like some other sites that cater to their fav genres. Lots of retirees too who have lots of idle hours for games and money to buy them. We aren't so fickle, find our comfort zone and stay around.

Probably most of us landed here to find more MFC Huntsvilles and they gave it to us and we stayed. That's my story. And the so very talented art department at BF just keeps doing more of the same that they do best, no outside competition there that I see. Why other non BF games are released here or not here who knows, quality maybe, and market.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Nov 1, 09 11:43 PM
NEVER TOO MANY they must be popular or all the game sites wouldn't keep getting them,have any of you moaners looked at other sites,the HOG are the best sellers on all of them especially the newer adventure style ones

WE LOVE HOG so BF keep them coming!!! & most of us are disappointed if no new ones every day & we get sick of the war games with all the violence & our type of games are a great break from this violent/greedy world we live in today & the talking ones even manage all their sentences without swearing as the younger generations seem quite incapable of doing

So I say if you don't like these games go to the others who have what you want & leave ours alone

We them so I say more,more,more & I wouldn't buy anywhere near as many if they stop the HOG & so you know I buy heaps I have just received one of the Big Fish award medallions for which I send many thanks to BF

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Nov 2, 09 3:14 AM
I was originally going to stay out of this thread because of the hostility and immaturity, but I thought I would mention I went back and could and there were 21 HOG released in the month of October. BFG has 14 genres of games listed... Seems a little slanted. And honestly, I would much rather have an assortment of games come out that everyone could enjoy instead of 21 Large File games (my favorites) and only like a handful of them.

And to people who keep beating the dead horse with the responses "Go to another game site" - No thanks, BFG is the only site I trust. And "Get a new console." - Do you have $200 plus taxes that I can drop on a Nintendo Wii? Because I will gladly take it off your hands if you do.

I'm sorry, but any way you slice it 21/31 is too many of one type of game.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Nov 2, 09 3:30 AM

Im also a HOG addict, appart from the original Jewel Quest addict, which i've been playing for about 5 years now.

Keep them coming I say.

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Nov 2, 09 4:48 AM
I'm a HOG-lover too. They just seem to appeal to my nature more than do the TM or M3 games. TM's are too much work and I don't enjoy that. M3's I like but they are repetitive games and I tend to get bored after a while, But HOG's and IHOG's always offer a new story, interesting characters or just great mini-games to challenge the brain.

I too have been disappointed with the $2.99 deal offerings lately cause I can only have so many M3's, and was hoping for some of the older HOG's that were popular, not the ones people didn't care for. But I guess if they were popular, people are still buying them at the reg price so I can understand that.

[Post New]by FrankMorgan on Nov 2, 09 10:41 AM
Are any of the long games that have no trials HOG types?

Imdamamma
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Imdamamma on Nov 2, 09 12:13 PM
I also prefer HOG's and IHOG's. If I don't want to play them BF has hundreds of other games to play, both on line and down loadable.

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Nov 2, 09 12:23 PM
I look forward to the HOG games but lately it seems some of them are not so great and very short. Not all of them but alot are boring. Of course who can compete with RTR type games. Standard hidden object seem boring to me these days after playing hidden object/adventure games. On the other hand my mom whose 84 just loves standard HOG games so I guess it depends on each person. I personally don't care for TM games as they are as busy and stressful as my everyday life and I play to get away from that. Just my personal opinion but I do feel for TM gamers lately as they are far and few these days. I would be disappointed if a TM game came out everyday.

ginnyj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ginnyj on Nov 2, 09 3:08 PM
I cant believe anyone would complain about any games. I love the HOG and IHOG
games the best but I also like match 3 and brick blasting. However, if you are not
happy with your choices, you can always go to the dept store and pay $20.00.
Games at $6.99 are great and Big Fish is an awesome site.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Nov 2, 09 3:15 PM
FrankMorgan wrote:Are any of the long games that have no trials HOG types?

Short answer, no. They are adventure games where you interact with characters and work out puzzles. Or try to. Personally, I stink at these.

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Nov 4, 09 9:49 AM
MintyCuppcake wrote:I was originally going to stay out of this thread because of the hostility and immaturity, but I thought I would mention I went back and could and there were 21 HOG released in the month of October. BFG has 14 genres of games listed... Seems a little slanted. And honestly, I would much rather have an assortment of games come out that everyone could enjoy instead of 21 Large File games (my favorites) and only like a handful of them.

And to people who keep beating the dead horse with the responses "Go to another game site" - No thanks, BFG is the only site I trust. And "Get a new console." - Do you have $200 plus taxes that I can drop on a Nintendo Wii? Because I will gladly take it off your hands if you do.

I'm sorry, but any way you slice it 21/31 is too many of one type of game.

Isn't whining about "I'm tired of HOG blah blah blah" beating the dead horse topic too? Money talks and what sells is what developers are making. End of story.

Phantom90
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Phantom90 on Nov 17, 09 6:47 PM
vonnie44 wrote: Just love them, love them. love them. keep them coming.

My wife and I enjoy HOG very much. Someone else mentioned that there are a lot of different types of games to chose from on BF and we agree. You just have to go through the list and find what suites you best.

We say keep the HOG's coming but realize everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences; we are just stating our own.

Happy gaming everyone

[Post New]by mel114 on Nov 18, 09 9:28 PM
I have never posted before,so hello everyone. I just wanted to say that we should all be thankful that there is a new game out everyday. I really enjoy knowing that I can count on big fish to have a new game waiting the next day. I usually try out any type of game but my favorite are HOG.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 18, 09 10:19 PM
Welcome Mel114 and thanks for your comments. I too concur, even 1 new game everyday is more than other sites offer, and as written in many other like threads, BF can only offer us what developers are releasing and a LOT of those HOGs are duds probably not bought. Or frought with tech glitches slapped together too fast, clones or not of quality. only develop 5 or 6 new games a year inhouse. If every new TM game released is a good one worth buying, then those members are the lucky ones these days. Oct and Nov were an exception.

Which makes me contemplate the Top "Downloads" lists every day. If those are games bought, WOW. But I know I download new demos every day and the daily deals, that's 2 hours of gameplay trials and I probably scrap most of them so that ups the numbers doesn't it? Just wondering where the numbers come from.

Best check game foums on each game later, reviews etc. All those who demo but not buying, uninstalling, all the glitches, tech problems, Help! Disappointed posts. We go through a LOT of games daily looking for good ones, new ideas and concepts by developers. There really aren't that many, and I'm sure a lot of free coupons are passed out to members who bought too soon and feel they wasted their money. And, too many different operating systems and monitor sizes now to accomodate everyone with new features that don't work.

I don't think we want BF to change to one new game every week, right? I like my 2 hours free demos nightly and maybe once a week or more hit paydirt and happy again (sure saving money this way)

I don't believe this thread is still going, don't believe I'm posting again on the topic either but, just waiting for midnight to play again, and I do give all genres a chance. I prefer uncomplicated IHOGs but bought 2 arcade games this month and a few more M3s plus some older games I found on lists of games.
Long live

Tralfaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Tralfaz on Dec 16, 09 2:51 PM
I do love a good HOG game, emphasis on GOOD. Like the MCF ones I love & some of the others. But lately I think BFG has just taken a lazy way out by popping out one HOG after another.

While I like HOG games I also like other types as well. TM, Match 3 & ones like Super Granny.

I have spent quite a lot of money on games here because they always had an interesting variety, but lately I have not bought any credits beyond the one a month that comes out for the game club. And it's because there never seems to be anything other than HOGs.

I was so happy to see something like Westward 3 come out, not only because I love those games, but because it broke up the monotony.

I love BFG, I just wish it offered more like it did when I joined a few years back.

[Post New]by brighteyes2010 on Apr 2, 10 12:22 AM
I disagree with you saying there's too many hidden games. It's not overtaking an entire page.

I happen to love the hidden expedition and hidden mystery games. Makes your brain work finding stuff and solving puzzles, etc.

Go to: