Phantom90
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Comments and reviews 1912: Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by Phantom90 on Nov 17, 09 6:39 PM
Actually, this is Phantom's Wife I played the entire game and here are my thoughts: Yes, the objects are not that difficult to find but the facts about the original Titanic were very interesting. The game was certainly not one of my very favorites but I did enjoy the storyline and the twist in the storyline. I skipped a few of the puzzles but only because I was too impatient. We love HOG and this one is very long and came at a good time because I have a foot injury and needed to "stay still" which is extremely hard for me to do All in all I didn't find the game overly boring but just not quite as challenging as a lot of the many other HOG we have already purchased.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re 1912-Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Dec 5, 09 5:11 PM
I get to the life boat section, find the hidden objects, then go on to complete the puzzle assembly, from then on it just freezes and I can go no further. Can't even get back to the menu to exit.......have to shut down the computer. Have tried this multiple times..but always get hung up at the same place. Has anyone else had this problem, and found a way to correct it?

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 5:17:34 PM PST

[Post New]by Rhonnieftw on Dec 19, 09 4:05 PM
Well I thought it was good, but one of the rooms crashed and so I quit it, and then when i got it back up again it says i need to do something in the room, but i've solved the puzzle and found everything in the room. So I don't know what to do.

Rhonwen x

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Dec 31, 09 8:00 AM
Interminable! If anyone is looking for an easy, long Hidden Object Game this is it.

Edited on 12/31/2009 at 8:01:47 AM PST

[Post New]by IMNOTANERD on Dec 31, 09 7:31 PM
DUMB!DUMB!DUMB! This game is a disgrace to all Titanic lovers and non-idiots everywhere. It is obvious that the programmers were drunk and watching re-runs of the "Love Boat" while composing this travesty. It was VERY predictable and I quit after 20 minutes.

Such a waste of a good subject. This Titanic game should be sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic and NOT re-discovered.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jan 27, 10 7:47 PM
I did the demo, and was a little bored at first, but I stuck with it and found that the storyline becomes more interesting as you go along. It's a pretty straightforward HOG, so if you're looking for a relaxed gaming experience, this one might be a good choice.

Seems funny to be describing a game with a bomb threat relaxed, but there you go :p

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 7:17:43 PM PST

Re: Ebonics on 1912 Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by Southerngirl63 on Feb 5, 10 5:37 PM
Soooo... why did the writers of "1912: Titanic Mystery " create a black character who speaks broken English-- "I be da cook" and so forth. I mean, it's not even accurate Ebonics.That is not how the be form is used at all in the inner city. And, more importantly, this -- dare I say racist -- addition doesn't move the story forward. Sorry, I know lots of folks hit the roof when we dare to mention offensive things like this but taking time to write a game character this way is very offensive and totally unnecessary.

[Post New]by gattog on Feb 16, 10 4:31 AM
I like this game and bought it, but have had problems with it freezing. I got to bathhouse screen and it froze. Uninstalled it and installed again and it froze in another part.

sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sarra73 on Feb 21, 10 2:12 AM
sadly it wont install on windows 7.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Feb 24, 10 11:53 AM
I enjoyed the demo and I will be purchasing the full game.

tafkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tafkat on May 12, 10 3:56 AM
I tried the demo, and it was OK. The puzzles were simple and the objects were generally easy to find. I might buy it eventually, but it's not at the top of my list.

Edited on 05/12/2010 at 3:57:35 AM PST

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 14, 10 5:13 PM
This game had a good story, It gives facts about the ship which was interesting. I did not like the easy puzzles. I had played better however I will keep this one for my collection. The art was good, but it got a little dull after a while. I do not think true HOG fans may like it because it is too simple. Good for a child to play.

Edited on 05/14/2010 at 5:14:53 PM PST

Comments and reviews 1912: Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by Lobster66 on May 27, 10 7:55 AM
Mysterios game, i love it!

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Jun 8, 10 12:21 PM
I am a kinda of Titanic lover so I got the game and it was nice to rove around the ship some but the gameplay was a a litle dull yet I dealt with that and almost blew myself with the bomb when I cut the wrong wire but still worked out alright the mini games I skipped over (had a bad headache so it was hard to think straight lol) any it was overall a nice distraction for me ..helped me to get myt mind off my heart prblems for while so anyway (opps getting a lilte wordy lol) fun game to play

[Post New]by fishcherry on Jun 16, 10 4:02 AM
The mini-games were fine. I had fun in the beginning of the game. However, as the game progressed I found that the whole process was extremely repetitive: Complete finding everything in a room, find the parts required, play the mini-game, reveal a new page in the diary, do the same for every other room, and when all the rooms in that segment are completed, someone hands you a note. The whole thing repeats in every segment. I got bored of it about 15 minutes into the game Overall the things are really easy to find. So yeah. It's an okay-game

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 10, 10 11:32 AM
Sorry i bought the game.

At first it was awesome BUT then it got boring......BORING

ALL well at least a bought it with a coupon, I may go bk and finish some day

Happy Gaming

PEN

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 18, 10 12:26 PM
I've only played this on the DS..but was thinking that maybe the play would be different for the PC. But since it looks relatively the same, I'll say that I enjoyed the game--it was informative and interesting...but it doesn't make my top ten.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 12, 10 11:14 AM
Bought this a while back and just got a chance to play and finish it. I really enjoyed this game. I enjoy all games based on the Titanic. I got caught up in the story and couldn't wait to finish a scene to find out more of what happened next with Cassandra and Edward. Anyways, I may play it again in the future to try to beat my time. I have to get under an hour to take the number 1 spot from Rachel,

If you like straight HOGS with a simple minigames then you'll like this one. Nothing here to make you pull your hair out. Easy relaxing game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 21, 10 4:12 AM
I like the game, very relaxing and the story line was ok graphics really beautiful, looks to me a lot of hard work when into this game..I will be buying this game..I give the game a thumbs up

[Post New]by lululuca on Mar 18, 11 6:15 PM
Melodicat wrote:I'm having the same download issues that several others have mentioned.

Go to: