salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by salad3 on Dec 16, 15 8:50 PM
Same here. Windows 10, up-to-date drivers, froze in the classroom. Seriously, the last couple of years, what is going on here? What's the point of this forum? I can't even count the number of posts like this I've made, then had to email customer service. Nothing ever gets fixed, I always get a refund, and I end up not getting to finish way too many games.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by eyesore on Dec 17, 15 7:32 AM
Really like the demo so purchased.
Game freezes in the music room right after putting books in order.
Have uninstalled twice......reinstalled. Changed player name......no matter what, game returns to same screen, still frozen.

Phooey. This game needs to be "perked."

[Post New]by mrsfrenzy on Dec 17, 15 8:36 AM
Scottie12 wrote:This is the second CE in a row not working properly. I keep getting Error Access violation code. I too did the Beta without any problems. Windows 7, home premium, 64 bits. I didn't encounter any problems in the demo, so bought the game. Regretting it now.

Same here.. second game in a row only third game purchased from Big Fish dont think I will be purchasing anymore!

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mawhiteing on Dec 17, 15 8:58 AM
I didn't see my issue in the "Tech Issue" part of the forum, so I guess most haven't made it to the Bonus game yet....The Bonus Game allowed to play right up to the final part of the game and then presented the famous Access Violation warning and then it shut down the game. I am getting very very tired of purchasing a game so to find out that you can't finish it because of "Glitches" that haven't been worked out before it is offered to us, the consumer.

[Post New]by robrady on Dec 17, 15 10:16 AM
HP, OS
So many problems, where to start? After reading some of the other comments I must say I agree completely. I wonder what happened with the beta test. I failed completely. Also couldn't completely customize the game, maybe if I had a touch screen it would work. I hope you fix this one, it more fun when you do that.

[Post New]by degillis on Dec 17, 15 2:03 PM
smilingsun72 wrote:It seems others are having a similar issue as the one I am reporting.
Windows 10 64 OS
Twice know the game in full version CE has locked up on me. I received a box with this error message.
Both times I used Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to exit and bring up the task manager, which I used to exit the game. After this I closed BF game box (list of all the games I have.)then opened it up. It reset me back to before I spoke on the radio to the officer and the tornado appeared. I played through again until the same happened at a different spot in the game. This time I closed out programs and reported the bug. I would like to finish playing and give a review. Please fix the bugs because I was really enjoying playing!

12/14/15 Update. I reported problems on 12/12/2015. The next 24hrs I checked to see if any updates were made to correct them or the forum had posted something from the developer. Nothing but more complaints. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. At first, things seemed to run smoother until I had played a while. I began to see "snags" or minute delays while interacting with the scenes. I tried to adjust things on my end by not clicking to fast, giving scenes time to close out and so forth. Eventually this didn't help either. When I opened Sullivan's diary the scene froze again. I was back having the same problems again. Minor bugs are expected when a game first releases but this one has some major issues, especially more than a handful of people are reporting them. I can say I have other games by this developer and never had the problems I have had with this game. It would be nice just to know if anyone is actually taking the time to read our posts and letting us know that someone is working on a solution to the problems being reported.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and am having the same issues. Freezes in the classroom when I am about to use the chock on the blackboard but even the inventory isn't available and none of the menu items or buttons for control work. Have to Alt tab or ctl alt del to get out of game. Can't proceed.

mlorna
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mlorna on Dec 17, 15 7:10 PM
Game freezes up at the point where I try to put in the code for the film reel. I get no access code violation or any other message. Cannot click on anything else to get out of it. Have to task manager and end it there and even have issues with that.
Happens every time I get to this point, no matter what I do.

Running Windows 7 professional. Everything up-to-date.

[Post New]by rosierosebud on Dec 18, 15 8:03 PM
this game is infuriating I have tried and tried to finish it and every time u turn around there is a glitch want my money or a coupon don't really care what happens any more in this one so disappointed either fix it or refund but I have now started over 4 x n dot care to do so again what gives big fish really

[Post New]by rosierosebud on Dec 19, 15 11:10 AM
is there FIX for this game yet so many problems so disappointing uninstall reinstall freezes !!!!!!!!heelp

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Dec 19, 15 11:02 PM
running windows 7 pc, nothing wrong my end, purchased on the 20/12/15
game freezes, not happy and cant see the point of contacting customer service
as they NEVER reply!

[Post New]by VILLACHIC50 on Dec 19, 15 11:45 PM
Using Windows 10

I had just completed the 4th film reel when the game crashed. I had got as far as reading the code for the box, however when I opened the game again the box is telling me that I don't have the code yet so I can't enter it and even after watching the video again it still won't let me enter the code. Clicking the hint button clarifies the fact that there is now nothing further I can do in the game as it doesn't come up with any solutions for going forward. What do I do? I really don't want to have to start again as I am so far through!

cynet
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by cynet on Dec 20, 15 11:00 AM
Game quit unexpectedly several times while using map for navigating. It finally stopped responding to anything. I can move around but do nothing.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Dec 23, 15 1:24 AM
Game froze when clicked on open map to access location windows 10 64.
Wont buy before the problem is solved.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 23, 15 10:24 PM
Frozen out of game.. In first large puzzle game with the coffins and 2 clocks. cannot exit again and will lose the game that I have played so far. Yikes....

win 7, 64 all drives are updated

[Post New]by nina0879 on Dec 24, 15 4:27 PM
[b]game freezing I had to ctrl alt del in order to get out, I have del laptop win7 64 have had no probs with other games and I already bought the game!! I would like it to get fixed, I have been buying game from big fish for years now and its driving me crazy

[Post New]by thwartme on Dec 24, 15 9:48 PM
VILLACHIC50 wrote:Using Windows 10

I had just completed the 4th film reel when the game crashed. I had got as far as reading the code for the box, however when I opened the game again the box is telling me that I don't have the code yet so I can't enter it and even after watching the video again it still won't let me enter the code. Clicking the hint button clarifies the fact that there is now nothing further I can do in the game as it doesn't come up with any solutions for going forward. What do I do? I really don't want to have to start again as I am so far through!

I'm having a similar problem, except on the 6th (and final!) film reel. Extremely frustrating.

[Post New]by Spunky1975 on Dec 25, 15 8:11 PM
I cannot collect the steam from the teapot and cannot click on the hint button.....very frustrated right now. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit pc

Edited on 12/25/2015 at 8:12:11 PM PST

[Post New]by nuttyfisherwoman on Dec 26, 15 1:03 PM
In the main game, I can't play the miners car mini game to get the gasoline. I have rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled and sent to tech support with Dr. felix fix attached. Your reply was no help and I still can't play the game past that point. Now what???

mlorna
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mlorna on Dec 27, 15 6:08 PM
Can't get past the place where you put the code in the film reel. It is frozen up and I have tried several times to restart.

Very frustrating, because I liked this game. Will it be fixed?

[Post New]by Happy1030 on Dec 28, 15 12:11 PM
I made it all the way to the end and the game suddenly froze up and was stuck in the same spot. These games are too expensive to freeze up and not playable.

Go to: