Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Trail of Time Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by sjt_2011 on Dec 28, 15 11:24 AM
I did completely restart the game because of the cave issue and it did no good. I have contacted the Tech Team with no reply. So we have been taking the steps provided.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Trail of Time Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by jfmorrissette on Dec 28, 15 1:59 PM
VJSS wrote:Game has been playing great until I get to the cave and try to approach the gate I get sent back to game manager. Playing XP.

Same thing

bayley60
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bayley60 on Dec 28, 15 2:12 PM
I did finally get a response from the person monitoring this board. She had no idea that so many of us are having the same issues. Told me to clean my computer. So I finally sent a direct email to tech under the help toolbar. Request you all do the same.

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Dec 29, 15 10:48 AM
Bayley60 you are right. I post a message directly. Hope you all will

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Dec 29, 15 11:54 AM
Hi there all of you. I have got I real nice answer from big fish. You get a refund or wait for a solution. They are really try to help. Hollidays you know.

[Post New]by Sue_Wallace on Dec 29, 15 11:55 AM
VJSS wrote:
Game has been playing great until I get to the cave and try to approach the gate I get sent back to game manager. Playing XP.

Same for me.

[Post New]by knoelli on Dec 29, 15 12:16 PM
Hi fellow fishies,

my wife also had the game crashing at the cave scene and was quite annoyed and disappointed. Having some dev skills myself, I had a look at the game files and found a SOLUTION TO THE CAVE CRASH:

- go to the following folder: c:\Program Files\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets (or: c:\Program Files (x86)\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets if you are using a 64bit Windows)
- copy the file "game.xml" to your desktop
- open the file "game.xml" on your desktop with a text editor
- go to line 1494 which reads: <!-- ??????? ????? -->
- change it to: <!-- ??????? ?????
- go to line 1499 which reads: <couple place="5" item="brick_5" current="brick_4"/>
- change it to: <couple place="5" item="brick_5" current="brick_4"/>-->
- save the file and close the editor
- copy the modified game.xml from your desktop back to your game folder (acknowledge the windows UAC prompt)

This modification will prevent the game from crashing when clicking the cave door. However, the minigame (arranging the 5 door tiles) is won immediately once you place the missing tile. But the game can then be continued normally.

Hope this is of help to you - at least until an official fix is available.

Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Lillie1 on Dec 29, 15 5:36 PM
Same here!!! I really hate bothering the folks at "HELP" all the time. Is there a fix yet??
OOPS forgot to say Win 7 here.

Edited on 12/29/2015 at 5:37:23 PM PST

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Dec 30, 15 5:42 AM
a
ARE WE EVER GOING TO GET AN UPDATE FOR THIS GAME? AM SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE.......GOES TO GAME MANAGER WHEN YOU APPROACH GATE.

[Post New]by harnas766 on Dec 30, 15 12:40 PM
knoelli wrote:Hi fellow fishies,

my wife also had the game crashing at the cave scene and was quite annoyed and disappointed. Having some dev skills myself, I had a look at the game files and found a SOLUTION TO THE CAVE CRASH:

- go to the following folder: c:\Program Files\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets (or: c:\Program Files (x86)\Ominous Objects - Trail of Time Collectors Edition\assets if you are using a 64bit Windows)
- go to line 1499 which reads: <couple place="5" item="brick_5" current="brick_4"/>
- copy the modified game.xml from your desktop back to your game folder (acknowledge the windows UAC prompt)

This modification will prevent the game from crashing when clicking the cave door. However, the minigame (arranging the 5 door tiles) is won immediately once you place the missing tile. But the game can then be continued normally.

Worked tyvm

bayley60
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bayley60 on Dec 30, 15 3:57 PM
thank you for trying to help but I am not that computer savvy.

[Post New]by rudyrascal10 on Dec 30, 15 4:05 PM

Thank you very much! I'm not tech savvy and was able to to get the game working again with these steps .

[Post New]by marlark on Dec 30, 15 5:00 PM
I am having the same trouble as the majority of big fish customers. I cannot get passed the caves. I don't see why I should have to pay fifteen pound and not get what I pay for. if problem is not sorted in the next couple of days, I will not be buying any more of your games and I will not be recommending you to anyone.

Marlark's

[Post New]by tootoys on Dec 30, 15 6:02 PM
Same problem as everyone else. When I get to the gate, the game ends. Windows XP.

IAMADOL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by IAMADOL on Dec 30, 15 6:19 PM
Same problem as VJSS Can we get a patch for the issue? Playing on Vista!

[Post New]by lplass89 on Dec 30, 15 6:38 PM
Got past first crash at the gate using the code fix provided (thanks!) - however, there is a second crash once the witch appears in the clock makers home...even with restarting the game, the game continues to crash....

Spykm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Spykm on Dec 30, 15 7:03 PM

Sorry, Knoelli, but I cannot find those lines, even doing a "find" search in the document; guess I'm not that tech-savvy after all. But thanks for posting.

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 7:07:06 PM PST

[Post New]by Merkilan on Dec 30, 15 7:33 PM
Chapter 4 at cave door game keeps crashing. I see others have the same issue. This needs to be fixed or give me my money back! Vista 64bit here.

[Post New]by Merkilan on Dec 30, 15 7:51 PM

I just did this and it worked! Obviously there is bad coding and it's not my computer. I had removed and reinstalled the game, checked graphics drivers for updates, did all the suggested steps bigfish had for game crashes and nothing worked. Thank you for this. Now hopefully the company will fix this because we all bought a faulty product here.

[Post New]by Merkilan on Dec 30, 15 8:26 PM
lplass89 wrote:Got past first crash at the gate using the code fix provided (thanks!) - however, there is a second crash once the witch appears in the clock makers home...even with restarting the game, the game continues to crash....

yep, same. In the watchmaker's home after witch takes him away the game crashes again. Can't even play, it crashes as soon as I click play after reopening the game. Time for my money back, I am tired of fumbling around with this.

Go to: