mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Gardenscapes comments and reviews

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Nov 11, 09 7:41 PM
I do not usually get into the garden and cooking games but when I read these reviews (especially OLDBAY/s) I had a good laugh. Tried it on a couple of sites and wow I guess I will buy it. I like games like RTR, El Dorado Quest, Rise of Atlantis, etc. but not the cooking and gardening, but like everyone said it is different. I'm not even sure what posessed me to look it up (I guess the devil made me do it also). Anyway I am glad I did. Well off to buy. Thanks to all.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 11, 09 8:57 PM
I have to agree with most of the comments - I find this game really enjoyable and a lot of fun - when i first saw it on the "tomorrow's game today" I thought it was a TM game, so I just ignored it - then today I noticed it said it was a HOG - so I looked into it - played only about 20 minutes on the demo then had to buy. It is a really fun game to play - I've been playing for a couple of hours already and still have lots and lots of "locked" garden stuff to add.

Definitely will be taking my laptop with me when I go babysitting my grandkids on the weekend - I'm sure we'll all have fun with this game !

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 12, 09 12:57 AM
i used the non timed version as in some games like this the timed version the customers bug off if you dont find the item quick enough, looks like this is a long game so value for money it will be a buy for me.

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Nov 12, 09 1:02 AM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
9 Bamboo Sticks out of 10
WOW! This is so cool. I really feel involved and loving the fact that there is a purpose made up to find the items. You are finding items to sell to people so that you can manage your huge estate Garden.
This is one to try and buy for sure.
It's beautifully doe!
THANK YOU
If you have been waiting for a great IHOG for November - This is the one!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 12, 09 1:28 AM
I had no tech problems, ran great on XP until I got up to around room 11. Then the game started slowing down like maybe my AVG had kicked in. Not that, it's set for another time of day. I exitted, not easily waiting for GM and had to ctr alt dele. I restarted the pc, went back to saved game and it was running normal again. Maybe I'm pushing it, game min req is 512RAM which is all I have so never run any progs with any game. good graphics card tho.

Have 4 times more RAM on my Vista laptop so probably won't slow down but some other games havee with the Nvidia card. So if sluggish try exit, restart and return to game. Loving it!! Better go make some money to fix my porch!

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 13, 09 8:40 PM
OLDBAY wrote:I ALWAYS READ BEFORE I PLAY AND EVERYBODY GAVE THIS SUCH A HIGH REVIEW..IT REMINDED ME OF WONDER BABIES ? I AM ANXIOUSLY WAITING .... AND WAITING.....SORRY ITS NOT A KEEPER FOR ME..I TURNED THE SOUND UP & I NEVER DO THAT..YES IT WAS ..MELLOW....BUT..REALLY...THERE IS NO REPLAY VALUE TO ME...I CANT SEE BUYING THIS ONE.....IKES ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST....AND ..ANOTHER ONE...ETC.... .....BUT FOR THOSE THAT IT...ENJOY!!!!

I'm glad I wan't the only one to feel this way- sorry not for me too!

Okami
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Okami on Nov 14, 09 6:26 AM
I really liked this...not my usual type of game. But it has some replay value. I'm on my 2nd go round and there are new objects requested by the buyers. I like the music, except the kind of 'rock' one heard most often in the garage. I also like that you can create different gardens on each turn. Loading time between scenes is kind of a pain but the rest of the game is so good, I don't mind. It's all worth it to hear Austin say 'wow!' when the money comes in!

[Post New]by TheGirl76 on Nov 14, 09 8:16 AM
I really love this game, however the loading time between each scene is way to long. In my free hour trial I waited for it load more than I got to play Will not buy for this reason.

Edited on 11/14/2009 at 8:20:13 AM PST

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 14, 09 12:14 PM
The trial was fun, I may end up buying it but I've been so busy at work I have several trials to look at before deciding. Wish I could afford 9 games to get 2 free! But that's just more than my pocket book can spare.

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Nov 14, 09 4:23 PM
This game is the best one yet...I have played it as several different people and each time I like it more sure was worth the price...Thank So Much

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 14, 09 7:59 PM
At first I really liked this game - good graphics, cute story, the garden was fun. But - OMG - it is never-ending, and it has become very tedious. The same rooms and items over and over. And whoever programmed the game must have recently learned how to animate things - this game has way too much flashing, jumping, wriggling, etc. The coins you earn jiggle if you don't click on them (and why should you need to click on them anyway?? The extra clicks add nothing and just become irritating.) The hint button flashes every few seconds, and as you move your cursor over objects in the HOG scenes they jiggle, wriggle, and bounce. But who cares? Seeing a tape measure jiggle just adds no value to the game whatsoever. The constant motion, flashing, and jiggling - along with the same rooms & objects - just became very annoying. When is this game ever going to end?!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Nov 17, 09 6:57 PM
I loved this game! Very simple, with a fun twist of decorating the garden. The only thing I'd change is there doesn't seem to be a way to permanently switch off Austin "helping" you by pointing out cameras and thermometers. Otherwise, I loved it. A very sweet game.

[Post New]by Jedimindtricks on Nov 17, 09 10:29 PM
I was okay with this game. But a no buy for me.

This game is a straight HOG with items you find being worth a certain amount of money that you can use to decorate a garden. That's it.

The hidden objects are inconsistent with their proportions and look pretty average in terms of graphical quality. They all stand out from the background very obviously.

There is no story, just a series of disjointed situations with a overarching goal.

There are only 15 screens which gets very repetitive.

The hint system is fun and very useful. There are both in-game hints which you can find that are triggered automatically, such as "Hot/Cold" and "View all item locations for a short amount of time" and there are easter eggs like finding question marks for extra normal hints or finding coins for extra money.

Overall there is quite a bit you can find, but the limited nature of the scenes in this game make for a very repetitive experience.

I personally like HOGs or IHOGs with a story or at least a world that you can immerse yourself into. This one had neither.

[Post New]by fog_horn on Nov 18, 09 6:02 AM
I really like the mixture of garden maintenance and jumble sale hidden object mechanic. These themes work well together. The animated butler and dog add to the fun! I started with relaxed mode, but liked that I could switch from relaxed to timed mode between rooms.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Nov 19, 09 11:22 PM
Fantastic game! I was surprised when the demo time was over. For those who are not sure about whether to use timed or not, this game allows you to switch back and forth on the timing by going into options. That's different.

Edited on 11/19/2009 at 11:23:48 PM PST

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Nov 22, 09 5:13 AM
This is one of the best games I have played yet (and I have played many). It is very addictive you want to fix the garden into the lovely garden it use to be. I am a grandma and my grandson and I played it all day yesterday. He is six and I am fifty four so it is a game for everyone!!!
You can design and redesign change the garden many many times. Very Very Cool thanks again Big Fish you did it again

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 22, 09 5:46 AM
i went ahead and bought this game after the trial, was a bit unsure as not normally my cup of tea, so glad i did, this is value for money, yes you do visit the same locations and have to look for same objects but my goal is to get my garden looking its best, i do find playing for an hour at a time works for me, the annoying factor the loading up time between scenes funnily i didnt notice it in the trial? perhaps if i had i wouldnt have bought it? who knows, i cant wait to finish my garden and see if i win!!! on saying all that i probably will not buy this type of game again, but you never know.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 22, 09 6:06 PM
Lovely game, but still prefer Yard Sale were you collect items to restore rooms.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Nov 28, 09 12:09 PM
I enjoyed every minute of this game. The butler is great.

[Post New]by donnamae on Nov 29, 09 7:35 PM
This has got to be one of he most fun games out this year! You can play timed for a challenge, and then switch to relax mode when you just want to take your time and chill, play with the dog and keep the butler busy answering the phone.
Really wanted to win the contest for best garden even though I knew I would. 5 stars for this game.

Go to: