Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by connie007 on Jan 4, 16 1:48 AM
ajwiggin wrote:That is what is happening to me in windows 10. Just gets stuck and only thing I can access is strategy guide and menu buttons. Tried running as administrator and running as windows xp and windows 8 still did not fix this problem. Too bad I was really enjoying the game (I have all the other 6 in this series and love them).

I got the same problem, tryed to uninstall and then install nothing helped.
Played with another profil did'n help.
Same problem same place in the game.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nursenae on Jan 4, 16 8:33 AM
I have run into the same problem, was playing the puzzle dropping the pics into place, it exited the puzzle and i can only access menu.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Teddybear1249 on Jan 4, 16 8:58 AM
I have finished the game including the bonus game. I had the same freezing problem everyone else had. I tried all the steps the help articles said to do. I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it and played the game under a new profile. Instead of just going through doors when they opened up, I used the map to travel every chance I got. I encourage you to use the map as it seems to work and not freeze. I hope this helps and works for you.

[Post New]by tryeen on Jan 5, 16 2:01 PM
I have done two Felix reports on two different games and those have yet to be fixed. Now I am waiting to see if this one also will get a patch so we can finish it. I am using windows 10 and all that works is the mouse around the academy. I cannot click on anything or use anything.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 5, 16 3:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues people have been seeing in the game. Thank you to everyone who posted possible solutions for the problems that have been coming up. We also recommend trying the steps in our help articles to deal with technical issues like these. I suggest taking a look at the troubleshooting steps in the following help articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Game Compatibility

If people are still noticing technical problems, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools to gather information on and report these sorts of issues, and are happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Jymmee on Jan 5, 16 8:38 PM
playing on a desktop Pc. Game freezes even after reload of game twice. Happens in the area of mini game where you drop the puzzles pieces that are on the top of the picture. You can complete the puzzle, but it freezes right after. I think it is in the castle in the cloud. Tired of trying to redo it.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 6, 16 10:45 AM
Hi Jymmee,

I'm sorry to hear that your game has been freezing. I suggest trying the steps in the following help article, which can help resolve problems like this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the game is still freezing and you want to pursue further troubleshooting, we encourage reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE and including a Dr. Felix Report. Any of our Reps are happy to help, and will be able to gather more information on the problem.

bfgPanthalassa

zosoq
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by zosoq on Jan 6, 16 11:04 AM
window vista keep getting error have to restart every time it is loading

hogfan
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hogfan on Jan 6, 16 2:42 PM
Dear Moderator:
You have posted NINE times to visit the crash/freezing page. Don't you think if that worked for this game you wouldn't continue to have the same tech issues posted about this game?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shevies1 on Jan 6, 16 7:40 PM
Love this series, but this one freezing up on me also.. PLEASE FIX IT , BIG FISH GAMES. update it, or whatever needs done to fix this issue.

Edited on 01/06/2016 at 7:43:05 PM PST

muzzasgal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by muzzasgal on Jan 6, 16 11:15 PM
Having the same problem as a lot of other people. The academy has frozen. What is going to be done about this?

muzzasgal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by muzzasgal on Jan 7, 16 12:36 AM
I posted before about my game freezing on the academy, a problem a whole bunch of other people have had. Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Only for it to start where it froze..... At the academy. Please replace my game or refund me!

[Post New]by doowats on Jan 7, 16 6:55 AM
Same issue as everyone else:

Same problem everyone else is having. Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. At the mini game where you drop tiles into the correct column. Clicked to drop the first tile, and lost all game control. Cursor moves, but the only things that will activate are the menu and the strategy guide. The cursor never changes: no magnifying glass, can't open the inventory, can't back up a scene or use the map.

Restarted, no help. Rebooted, no help.

I haven't reinstalled because I am having a really GOOD game and don't want to start over if there is a patch or fix!!

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Jan 7, 16 10:37 AM
Teddybear1249 wrote:I have finished the game including the bonus game. I had the same freezing problem everyone else had. I tried all the steps the help articles said to do. I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it and played the game under a new profile. Instead of just going through doors when they opened up, I used the map to travel every chance I got. I encourage you to use the map as it seems to work and not freeze. I hope this helps and works for you.

I also had the freezing problem and re-played the game under a new profile. I also used the map to travel and when I got to the part where it froze up on me I skipped that mini game and was able to finished the game. This solution worked for me and might work for other people. I have not played the bonus game yet and will probably use the map for travel also.

[Post New]by Bluepat on Jan 7, 16 1:37 PM
doowats wrote:Same issue as everyone else:

Same problem everyone else is having. Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. At the mini game where you drop tiles into the correct column. Clicked to drop the first tile, and lost all game control. Cursor moves, but the only things that will activate are the menu and the strategy guide. The cursor never changes: no magnifying glass, can't open the inventory, can't back up a scene or use the map.

Restarted, no help. Rebooted, no help.

I haven't reinstalled because I am having a really GOOD game and don't want to start over if there is a patch or fix!!

Same here - I don't want to start again - I want to finish this game!!!

hogfan
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by hogfan on Jan 7, 16 1:44 PM
akfrosty wrote:
Teddybear1249 wrote:I have finished the game including the bonus game. I had the same freezing problem everyone else had. I tried all the steps the help articles said to do. I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it and played the game under a new profile. Instead of just going through doors when they opened up, I used the map to travel every chance I got. I encourage you to use the map as it seems to work and not freeze. I hope this helps and works for you.

I also had the freezing problem and re-played the game under a new profile. I also used the map to travel and when I got to the part where it froze up on me I skipped that mini game and was able to finished the game. This solution worked for me and might work for other people. I have not played the bonus game yet and will probably use the map for travel also.

Restarted with new profile. My first game froze in the Upper Town. From that point on, I used the map for all movements - including the bonus game. I was able to finish this way.

[Post New]by shawks on Jan 8, 16 8:54 AM
Got to number shape and added 20 Screen froze part way through dropping tiles.
Restarted game but did same thing again

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 9, 16 12:32 PM
Same issue as a lot of others. Game froze during the 'drop the tiles' puzzle. Cannot access any features of the game now no matter what I try.

I really don't want to have to play the game again with the hope I can get past this issue.

Hoping for a fix from the developer.

Windows 10x64.

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 12:35:13 PM PST

[Post New]by bethswis on Jan 10, 16 6:02 AM
Any new developments concerning the game freezing?

suzmcmike
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by suzmcmike on Jan 10, 16 12:16 PM
doorgirl wrote:
suzmcmike wrote:Running on Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.2.

Game opens, but appears to be minimized. When I click on icon, it just flashes on the screen and goes back to minimized. The only way to close it is to right click on it and select quit.

I have same config as above quoted.

WORKAROUND: Close the Game Manager. Go to Launchpad icon (rocket ship), right next to blue Mac Finder icon.(At far left of application tray if along bottom of screen or top one if you keep that bar vertical.) Click on Launchpad and find the game icon WL7 CE. you'll recognize the image. Open the game from there.

This happens all the time with Elefun Games. Something in their code conflicts with something in Game Manager code.

I have more success and less grief starting from Launchpad.

Thank you Doorgirl. I tried your workaround. I closed Game Manager, then launched WL7CE from Launchpad. All it did was open Game Manager. I tried opening it again, but had the same problem. Oddly enough, I was able get into the game once, but now I'm back to it being "minimized". I don't think I'll buy this game until they address the issue, which is too bad because I really liked it during the short time I was able to play.

Go to: