Re:The Mystery of the Crystal Portal comments and reviews

[Post New]by Gracie68 on May 5, 10 7:37 AM
Way too short for my money. I am accustomed to games that take me several days at least to finish. I must have been 1/3 of the way through in the trial 60 minuets! I thought the whole thing was way too easy.

[Post New]by pauseplace on May 12, 10 9:13 AM
I liked the game in general, but I agree the ended stinks. I am begining to believe that sine the influx of gaming sites offering downloads at a $6.99 price the attempts at offering games that have a story line, graphics, and some challange to them will be slim pickings. I would be upset had I paid the usual $19 or so dollars for this game.

I like may others need to make a habit of reading the forums, understanding what we are getting and then shelling out my hard earned unemployment money (lol) without complaining.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 28, 10 10:31 AM
Wow, this is a good game for 2.99. I'm just concerned when playing the demo, there were slow glitches with my cursor, not sure if it is the game or my computer. Will purchase this one for the price and it is a challangable game, to me. Love when BF puts out these types of games for a very, very reasonable price. Even if it is a short game, can't go wrong, money wise, and I will be happy to replay this one also!

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Jun 28, 10 4:38 PM
Yet another series I will become addicted to!
This is one of the best bucketeers I've played! Great graphics, mostly easy finds, and awesome storyline. When will the next chapter be available? HURRY, !

I do agree that our heroine has a bit of an attitude problem. The dialogue bubbles really distracted from the game. This is one game that would be excellent for voice acting. I can hear some of them in my mind as I read the bubbles. Wouldn't James Earl Jones be perfect for the African shaman?

and a !

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 4:39:56 PM PST

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jun 29, 10 8:04 PM
Can anybody tell me how to use the diary to change locations?

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jul 4, 10 1:30 AM
ok i bought this game as it was the weekly $2.99 game, and am glad i only paid this. yes it had nice graphics, and fun/different mini puzzles in between each location, but it ended way to quickly! i was expecting to actually get into the portal, only to find it was game over, i was excited when finally had last piece to enter into portal only for it to be all over, felt like i was just getting into the game..i doubt it would have even been 2hours game play.
oh well i know i wont be buying a sequel if there is one!

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on Jul 5, 10 11:34 PM
A relaxing game. I liked the story line and graphics. I was expecting a little more challenge at the end. A nice break from other games that I enjoy (Azada; Dream Chronicles; Ravenhearst; Mystery in London; etceteras).

Now I'm going to Demo the sequel (:Beyond the Horizon) .

Slowglass
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Slowglass on Jul 6, 10 9:40 PM
This game is lovely to look at, although the main character seems to be presented in a needlessly haughty and obnoxious pose. If you can get past the graphics of her and just get into the scenery itself, it is very nice and even relaxing. My first exposure to the 'grouped' HOs. I quickly learned not to get too frustrated if I couldn't find something....it just might not be there...yet...hope that doesn't qualify as a spoiler of any sort. Yah, I know, most of the rest of you are muttering 'duh' under your breath. I'm just a little slow and maybe there are one or two other cheerful seaslugs out here in the pond, learning a little at a time. Anyhow, a very decent game so far.

[Post New]by Ancientsymbols on Sep 11, 10 8:33 AM
I have been playing the Demo and love it so far. I will buy it next! I like the pace and it is different. I like to change around and try unique games. The scenery is great with ancient objects and overall look is wonderfully artistic. Smile....

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Dec 17, 10 8:57 AM
This game had an intriguing story to it. Visiting various sites in the world only added more interest. The graphics were first-class. I like the type of hidden object format that groups the different objects that need to be found. It's a nice change of pace. The music was quite well done. I did have to use the hint button more than I'd prefer, but many objects were hidden and some were too small for me to see. The dialogue could have been enhanced if voices had been added, I will buy the sequel. I'm curious as to what will happen next.

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 9:00:37 AM PST

[Post New]by nannyw on Feb 28, 11 5:41 PM
[i] i love the game but i cant get past the pu zzle for the secret room, and i cant go any farther with out it .does any one have any pointers

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 9, 11 6:58 PM
I liked the demo and played about half of the time, but my cursor started to really drag and stick, even when I switched over to the normal cursor. I'm going to change compatability from Vista to XP and see if that makes a difference.

[Post New]by Dachsy123 on Oct 9, 11 11:45 AM
I am in Africa secret place but can't find where to place the pieces. In puzzle. Thee help is no help. Where can I get answers. To this. Liked game. Till. Stuck. Here. How. To find answers

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 9, 11 5:22 PM
Hi Dachsy123,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check out our walkthrough, which is full of tips, tricks, and helpful screenshots to guide you through the game.

(you can click on the above link to be taken directly to the walkthrough)

I hope this helps, and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 3, 11 9:59 AM
Struggling through this game.....I'm not a real fan of these kind of hidden object games (fan objects) anyway, but some of the objects are REALLY small and so well hidden that even after the VERY SLOWLY charging HINT button reveals them, you can't find them well. Certainly not a "hand holder" game which I have found to be really monotonous (did I spell that right?) and frustrating. I like to be able to move through a game with some degree of speed at least enough that I don't loose track of the storyline. Feel I wasted my money, AGAIN, on another loser. If you enjoy these kind of games....go for it!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 1:48 PM
This game is a good game to play if you are into HOGs, it was not overly challenging, I like the graphics and its just like playing the treasure seeker series.

I enjoyed this game very much.

Go to: